1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Do you have good ideas for new contests? If so, please open new threads in the Contest Submission sub-forum to discuss them.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[JASS] Please Help: Multiboard -> Inventory JASS

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by Akroma_LoA, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Akroma_LoA

Akroma_LoA

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm hoping to ask an intermediate (or better) JASS Script Writer to write a script something like this... P.S. If this is at all possible with triggers, please tell me! I don't want to ask someone to hassle with a JASS Scrpit if they don't need to:

The point of this script is for: When someone types a specific text message, a multiboard will be created (for the typer of the message only) showing an inventory screen, including regular-inventory-sized images of each of the 6 (or less) items the hero is carying.

This is what i've come up with:

Multiboard will show: [Name of Player]'s Inventory:
    Item A. Item B. Item C. Item D. Item E. Item F.

A. The item in [Player's [primary hero]]'s slot 1 inventory
    B. The item in [Player's [primary hero]]'s slot 2 inventory
    C. The item in [Player's [primary hero]]'s slot 3 inventory
    D. The item in [Player's [primary hero]]'s slot 4 inventory
    E. The item in [Player's [primary hero]]'s slot 5 inventory
    F. The item in [Player's [primary hero]]'s slot 6 inventory

Simple. :D

Here are the regular trigger (event, condition, action) stuffz i've come up with.

Event: [Player types (as an exact match):String [-inventory][ ][//#1, #2, #3, etc//]*

Condition: //somehow, I either need to take #9 and #12 out of the Event, or make a condition excluding #9 and #12 from working. (9 is neutral, and 12 is computer 8) )

Action: Create multiboard for [Triggering player].
    Action: add //custom script showing the 6-inventory multiboard display method discussed above.// to [last created Multiboard]

Later on, I'd like to make an event where typing [-exit] destroys the Multiboard... That shouldn't be too hard.

*#1 = red, #2 = blue, #3 = teal, etc.

Well, that's about all i've got. At the least, can anyone tell me whether this is POSSIBLE or not? Lol

Thanks!

2. KaTTaNa

KaTTaNa

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not sure what you want to achieve.
    If Player 2 (Blue) writes "-inventory red", do you want it to display Player 1's inventory to Player 2?
    Or should Player 2 write "-inventory" to see his own inventory?

Btw, you can't access an Item's Icon from the trigger editor. You will have to write them all manually in the triggers.

3. Akroma_LoA

Akroma_LoA

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would like any player (Other than red, I suppose) to type -inventory red (or -inventory 1) and be able to see Red's inventory in a multiboard.

The reason for this is my map has a LOT of custom icons, and it would take even more space to make DISBTN Icons for each.

With the JASS I'm asking for, people will see the BTN Icons (thanks to the Multiboard), instead of clicking on a player and seeing 6 green squares... (If you've never seen green squares, that is what is shown if no DISBTN Icon exists). :D

And yes, I understand I'll have to work with the JASS Writer on the Icons that will be shown. I've looked at a few JASS Scripts and found that if an Icon is to be shown in a Multiboard, the script must read a path for each... *sadness*

=========================

P.S. About your signature, I'd be willing to learn Jass and do this on my own, if you can honestly tell me what I'm asking for isn't amazingly advanced. My problem is I don't know where to learn JASS Correctly.

I've rummaged a bit in the Tutorials Forum, but didn't find one (I may not have looked hard enough)...

Also, I don't want to just pick out any Tutorial and hope it teaches me what I need to know. I need SOME shimmer of proof that it'll be worth my while... :?