• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding Inventory Slots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, I'm trying to make it so when u pick up the item Backpack, you gain 3 more inventory slots.

Problem: When you remove or add the new ability that has Unit Inventory [3 slots] to Unit Inventory[6 slots] it removes all the items ur holding...
How do I make it so it checks if the unit is holding w/e items in the other 2 slots and recreate those items in the same slots they were in after the unit gains Unit Inventory [6 slots]

(i could try and explain it better if someone doesnt understand)

Level 6
Urg, I'll look at the 2 maps but I don't want new inventories, I just want to increase current inventory to more slots, maybe thats what you meant but wasn't sure, thank you though.

EDIT: and I'm not sure how to get those template maps to work for me, they're in jass and so i can't copy and paste it cus its not what I want, being in jass i can't change it (i dont know jass).

Level 9
is the adding/removing off slots triggered? If it is you just have to write in the beginning of the remove trigger set ItemType[1/2/3]=item type of item carried by triggering unit in slot 4/5/6, and create itemtype[1/2/3] for Hero

Level 6
overload119, can you give me an idea on how to record the items in the slots to variables?

(ty for responses)

Addition..
There are only 2 other items that are set to be held in item slot 1 and 2 and can be dropped but they go back to their respective slots when picked up again. I just simply have to have it so when the character picks up this 3rd item that is set for slot 3, it adds 3 slots as well as keeping the 1 or 2 other items he's holding, the other thing is if the unit is carrying only the item "Pistol" and its always in the second slot, when he gains the 3 more slots the item "Pistol" has to return to slot 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.