• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] More than 6 slots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
-Is there a way for a unit to have more than 6 slots in the inventory? Let's say a double inventory (12 slots)? How can I do that?

Level 3
a wise man once builded a storage ability

{
Storage ability:

Event:if unit casts storage ability

Condiction: your opinion

Action: teleport unit "BOX with inventory ability" near to unit

so you can put items here when ever you want
}

so you can teleport an dummy unit near you to put your items so you can send it back

This trigger is builded by project "The Choosen ones"

Level 8
Yup. I spent over 115 hours playing that campaign and finished it on every difficulty :p And I know about the teleporting boxes, but this isn't what I want; because it would take time to take items from the box and I want the inventory switching to be fast.

That's why I need the hero to have two inventories, one for the consumables for example to use potions when in need and one for the permanent items for example claws of attack +3.

Level 5
It`s Possible But depends on which method do you want to use
you can use Either a Dummy unit with 6 slot inventory which is moving with you hero you can add Worker flag to it so you can access to it via F8 or you can use multiple hero`s as bagpacks you know they are accessible by pressing F2 ,F3, F4 Keys it is a simple system you can always have 30 slot available have you played Shuken City map? it uses the same System
you can use an alternative but very complex system like this one
which is very fancy made system it looks gorgeous but to be honest with you i couldn`t use it because you should create A UI for every Hero which is not practically possible in a multiplayer map anyway your choice

Level 8

I checked it out, it's a good idea, but apparently not suitable for me; because I'm gonna make a lot of custom items, so I'm gonna need to make many copies of each to use them in this system. Plus it needs over 100 abilities to work... that's 100 abilities to copy into each map... Too much work heh :p

Plus I'm using the Easy Item Stack System and I don't know how using these systems together would work out :D

Like mjpsko said... Only 1 set of items can be active at a time.. not suitable either.

It`s Possible But depends on which method do you want to use
you can use Either a Dummy unit with 6 slot inventory which is moving with you hero you can add Worker flag to it so you can access to it via F8 or you can use multiple hero`s as bagpacks you know they are accessible by pressing F2 ,F3, F4 Keys it is a simple system you can always have 30 slot available have you played Shuken City map? it uses the same System
you can use an alternative but very complex system like this one
which is very fancy made system it looks gorgeous but to be honest with you i couldn`t use it because you should create A UI for every Hero which is not practically possible in a multiplayer map anyway your choice

Oh God no, this custom inventory system is too complicated...
You gave me many nice ideas actually.
Like using a dummy hero/unit that heals my heroes based on the number of potions I have... This will solve my need for extra slots for potions, but it'll need some planning and thought.

Anyways thanks all of you for helping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.