• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.2 PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
1.32.2 PATCH NOTES

Kaivax said: blizzarrow.gif

Version 1.32.2

February 24, 2020

Changes and Bug Fixes

• Campaign
    • Audio levels for some dialogue have been adjusted.
    • The animations, triggers, and cameras for some cutscenes have been tweaked.
    • Fixed multiple campaign missions that had units appear invisible.
    • Multiple inventory issues have been fixed for the Rexxar campaign.
    • Fixed multiple bugs throughout the Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne Campaigns
    • Updated the cutscene cinematic panel to transition cleanly between conversations.
    • Fixed issues making Twilight of the Gods in the Reforged campaign easier to complete than intended.
    • Tyrande’s inventory will no longer be absent on the Daughters of the Moon and The Awakening of Stormrage missions in the Classic campaign.
  • Custom Games
    • Fixed multiple missing assets that were impacting Custom Games.
    • The Custom Games list has been updated to better optimize searching.
  • Gameplay
    • Fixed an issue where if a player quit multiple games and switched graphic settings, the user would get a “Match Found” but the game wouldn’t start.
    • The Female Demon Hunter now uniquely metamorphosizes to her own model.
    • Fixed an issue with Tranquil Paths where creeps were invisible.
    • Updated the Firelord’s Incinerate ability icon in Reforged. It can still be auto-cast as normal.
    • Guardian Golem now has an auto-attack impact sound.
    • Fixed an issue where the Blademaster was immune to non-magic abilities like Ensnare while using the Bladestorm ability.
    • Lady Vashj has a small update to her head to address her human ears.
    • Succubus models are now visually distinct.
    • Fixed an issue where new Reforged death sounds were playing in Classic Mode.
    • Three maps have been temporarily removed from their respective map pools due to instability: Ruins of Stratholme (3v3), Banewood Bog LV (4v4), and Fountain of Manipulation (FFA). They may return once the issue has been resolved.
  • Interface
    • Players are now able to leave the matchmaking queue in versus mode.
    • Fixed an issue with team members entering a broken state when cancelling queue while the team is disbanded.
    • When a player leaves a match, remaining players no longer receive the additional message “Blizzard has left the game.”
    • Transitioning from cinematics to a mission no longer briefly displays campaign selection.
    • Battletags now consistently show for team invites in the user interface.
    • Map Vetos now save for Versus FFA Mode.
    • Ultra-Widescreen is now a viable option in the options menu.
    • The Grid Hotkey option now works correctly for campaign and hero units.
    • Multiple localization fixes for text, subtitles, and truncation have been addressed in campaign and online play.
    • Added Squelching to chat channel functionality.
    • Fixed multiple portrait issues with units in both campaign and online play.
  • Editor
    • Fixed an issue where melee-only abilities were showing up as hidden in the editor when using custom data.
  • System
    • Fixed a crash that could occur while playing campaign, versus, or custom games with the ‘Low’ texture setting.
    • Fixed a crash that could occur in systems with a high number of logical processors.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
NOOOOOOOOOO

I loved the sound variety :(
Lol?
How can they even have messed this one up....
First time i heard the new sound of a unit dying, my inner thoughts were: Wait, what the fuck, what unit has just died? Don't tell me they replaced all old sounds with new ones.
Yeah well, it really sounded weird with sound variety to be honest.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
First time i heard the new sound of a unit dying, my inner thoughts were: Wait, what the fuck, what unit has just died? Don't tell me they replaced all old sounds with new ones.
Yeah well, it really sounded weird with sound variety to be honest.
At first yeh. But one quickly grew to love it since hearing the same zombie death sound bite with minor pitch shift gets boring in a map where one kills 8,000 zombies.

Reactions: pyf
Level 20
Custom campaign edits seem to be working again, for what that's worth....

Orb of Fire v2, Ritual Dagger, the Sundered Blades Research did not make it into the Custom data unlike the abilities associated with them, which I suppose is less important than being able to access the Abilities in the first place (Orb of Fire v2 Healing debuff and Sundered Blades damage bonus are fairly unique to other older abilities.).

Level 4
The community deeply requires a humane response that addresses what happened and details of what's to come, not just bug fixes. But this would still require acknowledging full accountability for the widespread disappointment this was. Another extremely substandard "action" by Blizzard.

Loving Warcraft 3 feels like being locked in Blizzard's basement. She only opens the door to the stairs every once in a while to throw down scraps then seals it again quickly.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
The community deeply requires a humane response that addresses what happened and details of what's to come, not just bug fixes. But this would still require acknowledging full accountability for the widespread disappointment this was. Another extremely substandard "action" by Blizzard.

Loving Warcraft 3 feels like being locked in Blizzard's basement. She only opens the door to the stairs every once in a while to throw down scraps then seals it again quickly.

Not trying to defend Blizzard but, would that actually matter to you?

Purely speaking for myself, I could not care less about what they say. Sure it would be interesting to know, but it would not make me more or less upset.
Actions speak louder than words. Because saying something is easy, delivering is difficult.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Still NO shadows in classic mod. WTF Blizzard
Classic has shadows. Just custom units have bugged blob shadow data processing. For such units the fields are interpreted as a 0 value so the blob shadow has 0 height and width meaning invisible.
That main menu still feels laggy
Could that be the 30 FPS odd background video perhaps?

Level 7
i dont want a humane response from activision-blizzard, as i reckon it would be something like mr brack issued (We will do better, we failed to communicate). fast forward what, two months? still no communication, still not doing better.
i mean where's the piece of information regarding custom campaigns? they could start with that if they want to show that they care about whats happening with the game, to to me it seems that they just patch cause they got caught, instead of wanting to deliver a good product. no surprise there, its blizzard part of activision, but sc:remaster didnt have these problems, and i thought that a wc3 remaster would be of much more importance. apparently not, again no surprises in that sentence.

Level 2
Still waiting for a bigger patch 1.33 to see where things are going, hopefully custom campaigns will be back with that patch as well... these minor patches are very weak. Also, some High Elven units still need to be fixed... to actually be High Elves...

Three maps have been temporarily removed from their respective map pools due to instability: Ruins of Stratholme (3v3), Banewood Bog LV (4v4), and Fountain of Manipulation (FFA).

When your game is so bugged that not even the melee maps are working...

Level 13
Succubus models are now visually distinct.
Yeah, great!
Except they still have knives.
So wrong!!! And the weakest one is not even the original color! And they even have a filtter for the inappropriate content!
Well, at this point any patch is welcome, and I guess it's the best thing we're gonna get :(

Btw standing Malfurion and Tyrande are still missing, and standing Thrall only has stand and talk animation.

Level 28
As someone who did not buy the game it still feels like it's the beta, and probably moreso for people who did buy it. Blizzard prides themselves in the update for the singeplayer campaigns, but the old WC3 never had this many updates for the campaigns. No part of this game is finished.

@Venombite at least we have the community to add animations to Thrall Thrall (Mountless) with Spell and Attack

Level 4
Not trying to defend Blizzard but, would that actually matter to you?

Purely speaking for myself, I could not care less about what they say. Sure it would be interesting to know, but it would not make me more or less upset.
Actions speak louder than words. Because saying something is easy, delivering is difficult.

Yes.

Why do you feel the need to ask if a genuine act of honest communication would matter to me? I very much care about the entire scope of the situation.

Furthermore, it seems asinine to expect them to silently do what we want, thus I would think it normal to expect and even come to demand communication paired with actions. Although at this point I don't expect even basic professionalism from them anymore.

'Fixed'(!) by the way

cheaplol.JPG

1.32.2 PATCH NOTES

Kaivax said: View attachment 348005
  • Interface
    • When a player leaves a match, remaining players no longer receive the additional message “Blizzard has left the game.”

But wasn't this just them being honest? The blizzard we knew is gone. This is Activision's warcraft.

I am not saying they shouldn't communicate.

Just saying that it would not make me think higher of the product if they did.
If there was a 10/10 product but the devs did not communicate I would not give a damn.

They were silent throughout the games development. This, for me, was a bit disturbing. I remember during sc2's development there were updates pretty often...

Level 9
@Jarrin Derrick Sc2 is too far as some months ago I used the wayback machine to go to the old wc3 pre-release website from early 2000s. They were very active. They were releasing new info about nelves and other races. They were showing us how the game looks like. They were uploading portraits and previews of the units on the website and also changed some of them eg abomination used to be a hero but they changed him to a unit.
How can they be more active in 1999 and early 2000s than today?

Last edited:
Level 18
You still desperately need to add: single player custom games, custom campaigns, a separate launcher, client and exe for pre-Reforged Warcraft 3 for people with weaker computers, and restore multiple missing features.

This is certainly a start, sure. But it isn't enough yet. Essentially you've given painkillers and an ice pack to a patient who's still bleeding.

Level 13
Ok, I guess, at this point a patch, however small and useless is a big thing, and an improvement. It's a step. They'll eventually fix the game, re-add all missing features, and bugs and optimisation. At this pace by circa summer 2023, we'll have Warcraft 3 back!

P.S blaming Activision is imo just wrong. It's OK to blame Activision-Blizzard the parent company of both Activision and Blizzard, but Activision itself had nothing to do with the game and has as much power and influence as Blizzard does, it's only a studio of the parent company. Like it or not the game is mostely Blizzard's fault. Blizzard is not the old Blizzard anymore. Times change, and so does Blizzard.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Tyrande’s inventory will no longer be absent on the Daughters of the Moon and The Awakening of Stormrage missions in the Classic campaign.
Really? Did they just fix this because players reported this bug? Are they unable to test the campaigns throughout every chapter? Destiny of Flame and Sorrow (Chapter 6 RoC Nightelf) is bugged when Illidan acquires the skull's powers and gets the demon form the first thing I see is items on the ground. ITEMS ON THE GROUND.
Why? Because his demon form doesn't have inventory...
This is beyond my comprehension.

Level 19
Really? Did they just fix this because players reported this bug? Are they unable to test the campaigns throughout every chapter? Destiny of Flame and Sorrow (Chapter 6 RoC Nightelf) is bugged when Illidan acquires the skull's powers and gets the demon form the first thing I see is items on the ground. ITEMS ON THE GROUND.
Why? Because his demon form doesn't have inventory...
This is beyond my comprehension.
hey, one by one they all will be gone, dont worry. meanwhile - do you have a phone?

@Jarrin Derrick Sc2 is too far as some months ago I used the wayback machine to go to the old wc3 pre-release website from early 2000s. They were very active. They were releasing new info about nelves and other races. They were showing us how the game looks like. They were uploading portraits and previews of the units on the website and also changed some of them eg abomination used to be a hero but they changed him to a unit.

I am too young to remember warcraft 3's development but hey its pretty cool the abomination was a hero once...

You still desperately need to add: single player custom games, custom campaigns, a separate launcher, client and exe for pre-Reforged Warcraft 3 for people with weaker computers, and restore multiple missing features.

This is certainly a start, sure. But it isn't enough yet. Essentially you've given painkillers and an ice pack to a patient who's still bleeding.

Also, apparently the classic war3 is still (legally) playable:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Orb of Fire v2, Ritual Dagger, the Sundered Blades Research did not make it into the Custom data unlike the abilities associated with them, which I suppose is less important than being able to access the Abilities in the first place (Orb of Fire v2 Healing debuff and Sundered Blades damage bonus are fairly unique to other older abilities.).
That with the map options set to the latest patch?
'Fixed'(!) by the way
Hid the ears instead of elvefying them?
Guess when you made a name for yourself, you can act like a god.
there is a FEMALE demon hunter? o.o
What kind of Reforged fan are you?
Also, apparently the classic war3 is still (legally) playable:
Not a good idea to use PTR versions, especially for mapping.

Warcraft 3 Legacy Installer (1.21b - 1.27a) Warcraft III legacy installer (marcraft)
[Need Help] Back to 1.29 1.29.2 archive (tommi gustafsson)
Patch 1.30.4 Backup Game Files 1.30.4 archive (tommi gustafsson)
Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files 1.31.1 archive (masterblaster)

Got bored and wrote a cheap parody:

I’ve been looking for a new direction
Found the cheapest way of selling out
You’ve got the science down to perfection
So do what you want
Do what you will
But BUY it now!

You’ll learn something
Your crap means nothing
The world wants something legit
But you give them shit!

‘Cause all we are, are broken pieces
Just another part, of Activision!
We mean nothing, nothing
We mean nothing, nothing, to anyone
Just a plastic, label

Hey

We mean nothing, nothing
We mean nothing, nothing
We mean nothing, nothing, to anyone
Just a plastic, label

Hey

Level 20
Major Improvements

• Campaign
    • Custom campaigns are now back!
    • Improved level of difficulties on some missions.
    • Improved all unit's acting animations and make it much more realistic.
    • Improved terrains, environments, and cities on each campaign mission.
    • Fixed multiple bugs throughout the Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne campaigns.
  • Gameplay
    • Players are now able to select more than 12 units depending on a map. (See editor changes)
    • Fixed some bugs and performance issues.
  • Graphics
    • Improved water quality and texture.
    • Improved the sky quality and fog effects.
    • Realistic lighting, fixed and balanced some light reflections and intensities.
    • Added light, blooms or glow on some special effects to make it more lively.
    • Reworked trees to some extent and to match the demo 2018 quality at some level.
    • Improved the models' animations and its variety.
  • Interface
    • New UI implemented on reforged, but retains the old UI on a classic version. (See editor changes)
    • Increased the player command slots available from 12 to 24. (See editor changes)
  • Editor
    • Added a player unit selection limit on map 'Gameplay - Constants' fields. Min: 1 Max: 64
    • Added a player unit type group selection limit on map 'Gameplay - Constants' fields. Min: 1 Max: 12
(Reworked the whole selection system as there's a two rows in UI selection frame, where the 1st row is for unit type groups' selection and manipulation, the 2nd row is for showing the units contained in that unit type group and has identical unit types only.
Each rows have 12 dedicated slot limits (unchangeable) so that the UI selection size is not that enlarged because of this change.
Another hotkey that functions just like the 'tab' button that can manipulate or access the units in the 2nd row.
Another hotkey that functions as a toggle or switch in which the player can only command units that are currently selected as a unit type group or to apply the command in whole selected army without losing all the selected units so less use of drag boxes.

Empty map demo:

Let's say we have set the player unit selection limit constant to max which is 64.
(This value may cause unit pathing issues especially on maps that have many pathing obstructions)
Note that units' pathing are probably the same as classic before.
Player unit type group selection limit to 12.
(This enables us to include 12 different unit types on game UI selection... if we set it to 1 (which shoudn't be) then only one unit type is available for selecting on screen...
For example,
You drag box 48 footmen together with 12 peasants across the screen. (All units are inside the drag box)
Only 4 unit type groups of footmen will be generated on the 1st row of the UI selection... each consists of 12 footmen that shows their individual status on the 2nd row of the UI selection. Each rows manipulated by the 'tab' and 'hotkeyFor2ndRow' buttons for commands... each with a dedicated 12 slots limit that's why 48 footmen turned into 4 seperated identical unit type groups.
The reason why peasant unit types are not included because we've just set the unit type group selection limit to 1 only)

An example explaining the toggle or switch button.
Constants;
Player unit selection limit constant to max which is 6.
You drag box 4 mortars together with 4 knights across the screen. So we have exactly 8 units and 2 different unit types on screen.
The game would probably separate them into 2 unit type groups containing 3 identical unit types for each unit group... leaving the 2 units ignored in this case because we only have unit selection limit to 6. The toggle names 'Army Command' or 'Unit Group Command' and its icon position is placed below the toggle formation group. Army Command is default, I can order the whole selected army or all selected unit groups; to retreat, move, or attack together (3 mortars, 3 knights would follow the order)
While the 'Unit Group Command' is for commanding a specific unit group on the selection, I can order the mortar unit group to retreat while maintaining the selection of the other group such as the knights to defend the mortar teams. If I want to move the mortar teams only then I can easily do that without breaking the selection. (3 mortars follow the order, while the 3 knights can't)

Anyway, back to the patch dream list.

• Added new UI images and textures paths on 'Gameplay - Interface' fields.
  • Added a player command slot limit on map 'Gameplay - Constants' fields. Min: 1 Max: 24
  • Fixed the broken new natives and tested properly in game.
  • Implemented a syntax highlighter.
  • Object API's are now working properly at run-time.
  • Fixed some bugs and performance issues when using the World Editor.

It's just so good to be true~
Anyways, just my personal hopes for the game. I would certainly praise the product for these kind of quality and features if it were only implemented.

Level 19
Major Improvements

• Campaign
    • Custom campaigns are now back!
    • Improved level of difficulties on some missions.
    • Improved all unit's acting animations and make it much more realistic.
    • Improved terrains, environments, and cities on each campaign mission.
    • Fixed multiple bugs throughout the Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne campaigns.
  • Gameplay
    • Players are now able to select more than 12 units depending on a map. (See editor changes)
    • Fixed some bugs and performance issues.
  • Graphics
    • Improved water quality and texture.
    • Improved the sky quality and fog effects.
    • Realistic lighting, fixed and balanced some light reflections and intensities.
    • Added light, blooms or glow on some special effects to make it more lively.
    • Reworked trees to some extent and to match the demo 2018 quality at some level.
    • Improved the models' animations and its variety.
  • Interface
    • New UI implemented on reforged, but retains the old UI on a classic version. (See editor changes)
    • Increased the player command slots available from 12 to 24. (See editor changes)
  • Editor
    • Added a player unit selection limit on map 'Gameplay - Constants' fields. Min: 1 Max: 64
    • Added a player unit type group selection limit on map 'Gameplay - Constants' fields. Min: 1 Max: 12
(Reworked the whole selection system as there's a two rows in UI selection frame, where the 1st row is for unit type groups' selection and manipulation, the 2nd row is for showing the units contained in that unit type group and has identical unit types only.
Each rows have 12 dedicated slot limits (unchangeable) so that the UI selection size is not that enlarged because of this change.
Another hotkey that functions just like the 'tab' button that can manipulate or access the units in the 2nd row.
Another hotkey that functions as a toggle or switch in which the player can only command units that are currently selected as a unit type group or to apply the command in whole selected army without losing all the selected units so less use of drag boxes.

Empty map demo:

Let's say we have set the player unit selection limit constant to max which is 64.
(This value may cause unit pathing issues especially on maps that have many pathing obstructions)
Note that units' pathing are probably the same as classic before.
(This enables us to include 12 different unit types on game UI selection... if we set it to 1 (which shoudn't be) then only one unit type is available for selecting on screen...
For example,
You drag box 48 footmen together with 12 peasants across the screen. (All units are inside the drag box)
Only 4 unit type groups of footmen will be generated on the 1st row of the UI selection... each consists of 12 footmen that shows their individual status on the 2nd row of the UI selection. Each rows manipulated by the 'tab' and 'hotkeyFor2ndRow' buttons for commands... each with a dedicated 12 slots limit that's why 48 footmen turned into 4 seperated identical unit type groups.
The reason why peasant unit types are not included because we've just set the unit type group selection limit to 1 only)

An example explaining the toggle or switch button.
Constants;
Player unit selection limit constant to max which is 6.
You drag box 4 mortars together with 4 knights across the screen. So we have exactly 8 units and 2 different unit types on screen.
The game would probably separate them into 2 unit type groups containing 3 identical unit types for each unit group... leaving the 2 units ignored in this case because we only have unit selection limit to 6. The toggle names 'Army Command' or 'Unit Group Command' and its icon position is placed below the toggle formation group. Army Command is default, I can order the whole selected army or all selected unit groups; to retreat, move, or attack together (3 mortars, 3 knights would follow the order)
While the 'Unit Group Command' is for commanding a specific unit group on the selection, I can order the mortar unit group to retreat while maintaining the selection of the other group such as the knights to defend the mortar teams. If I want to move the mortar teams only then I can easily do that without breaking the selection. (3 mortars follow the order, while the 3 knights can't)

Anyway, back to the patch dream list.

• Added new UI images and textures paths on 'Gameplay - Interface' fields.
  • Added a player command slot limit on map 'Gameplay - Constants' fields. Min: 1 Max: 24
  • Fixed the broken new natives and tested properly in game.
  • Implemented a syntax highlighter.
  • Object API's are now working properly at run-time.
  • Fixed some bugs and performance issues when using the World Editor.

It's just so good to be true~
Anyways, just my personal hopes for the game. I would certainly praise the product for these kind of quality and features if it were only implemented.
apparently you have not enoough game development experience and can't join the classic team. what would you sale next year if you allow custom campaings right away?

Level 13
what would you sale next year if you allow custom campaings right away?
I'm pretty certain that they simply didn't have time to implement that feature, and released the game without it.
And they might implement it in the future, who knows.

They said at Blizzcon 2019 no new Campaigns will be added, ever. And honestly after seeing the new chapters (Silvermoon, Dalaran) I don't think I even want them to add any new Campaigns.
And I'm pretty sure there won't be any new post launch content or microtransactions. They were probably planning to add some post launch content ("not necessarily Campaigns") along with sweet microtransactions, but after the game was so well received and probably so high earning, I'm fairly certain all of those plans have been scrapped. Imagine Blizzard trying to pass microtransactions for a game that was trashed by pretty much everyone, and pretty much caused a PR scandal on how bad it was, it would be an even worse PR.

The "post launch content" patches that will happen every few months will likely be bringing back the old features they didn't have time to implement (ladder, custom campaigns, etc...). And once all pre Reforged features are back, along with bug fixing/optimisation performances, Blizzard and most of the people will forget that the game ever happened. :(

apparently you have not enoough game development experience and can't join the classic team. what would you sale next year if you allow custom campaings right away?

Do you think blizzard wants to sell custom campaigns feature? as a separate update?

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
hey, one by one they all will be gone, dont worry.
I've been waiting for ten thousand years, by the time they're all gone everyone will have lost interest in wc3.
I've been waiting in darkness, and now I grow impatient. My soul longs for a real patch.
meanwhile - do you have a phone?
You dare speak to me? You'll regret approaching me, die fool!

Maybe custom campaigns are so much better than blizzards, so they want to bury them as a feature((((

I've been working on my custom campaign many years, refactoring it, polishing it.
When beta started - I almost prepared it for regorged, fixed tons of issues, I need only translate it in English and Voice Over.

Status
Not open for further replies.