• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

★ (6) Mass Destruction ★

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tamed the beast :3

Also, the deathmatch mode is pretty much finished by now.

GameMode2.jpg

Level 25
Technically it's just an ordinary explosion. If you look on YouTube or something (I didn't look it up, but I'm pretty sure I'm right) for explosions, the bulk of the explosion moves upward and sort of dissipates in a black cloud of smoke with fire emitting from the base. Nuclear explosions on the other hand do something similar, except the base of the explosion (this time not referring to the surface area) is more narrow, long, and caves inward while the bulk of the explosion is always on the top, forming a mushroom cloud shape. There's often a ring of smoke around the middle of the explosion as well. The surface area of the nuclear explosion is also very wide, as is the top of it.

Technically the explosion shown in Sourc[e]X's button is an ordinary explosion. My guess is it's a grenade or car explosion. Judging by how the fire and smoke seems to sway towards the left and up in the image the way it does with a sort of shape within it, I'd say your best bet be it's a vehicle exploding. Could be a car, truck, or even a tank. IDK. Not enough details to really pinpoint what it is. HOWEVER, when I first saw it, I thought "nuke."

Level 8
Sorry about all these random questions about your awesome systems, but I must know. You said you used destuctables, units and trackables. I was wondering, do you use preset areas of the map with these menu screen in them, or do you create them on the players screen and hide them for all other players, or somthing else?

Also Judging by what you've shown, this map will have a fair amount of imported stuff, will it therefore be only playable when the new patch comes with the 8mb capabilities?

On a more related note, I can not praise your talent enough, just was looking at your model video's on youtube... wow.. And on this project the design work is out of this world.. Good job Im looking forward to next update.

Sorry about all these random questions about your awesome systems, but I must know. You said you used destuctables, units and trackables. I was wondering, do you use preset areas of the map with these menu screen in them, or do you create them on the players screen and hide them for all other players, or somthing else?
I'm using a small unreachable area in the map corner.

Also Judging by what you've shown, this map will have a fair amount of imported stuff, will it therefore be only playable when the new patch comes with the 8mb capabilities?
It will require the new 1.24 patch to play. Not for the file-size (1.6mb ATM), but for the new JASS natives used.

On a more related note, I can not praise your talent enough, just was looking at your model video's on youtube... wow.. And on this project the design work is out of this world.. Good job Im looking forward to next update.
Thank you. :D
Next update ain't far away.

What will replace the gold, lumber, food, and upkeep values?
Level design looks pretty neat. The tiles are kind of confusing, but it all goes together.
Nah, the level design sucks. It's just a test level anyways.
The player resources aren't used as anything.

Your shit is always so polished. And I mean the shit part in a good way.
I'm using a lot of time on polishing my shit. :)

For now, it'll be used to keep track of trophies awarded.

In other news; the leveling system is now fully operational.

Edit: Current award model:

Achievement
Award
Best of Round 1 Battlepoint
Game Bronze Award 1 Battlepoint
Game Silver Award 2 Battlepoints
Game Gold Award 3 Battlepoints
"Battlepoints" is like standard experience points, and a certain amount is needed to reach a new level.

Last edited:
This game every1 can tell will be epic so epic that i will dedicate my user title to the game untill you stop updating it and such.

Btw i also watched ur beta footage for the game and it looks just too epic for words,

damn i hope a beta ver comes out soon. :thumbs_up:

as for suggestions maybe rotating turrets for epic battles?

Last edited:
Level 7
Unfortunately, there's no way to alter the resource amount's color/transparency.

Maybe there is? I think if you go to gameplay constants or interface and where the text display for gold is if you put an color code before it should maybe work? Worth a try at least. It would be the same color/transparency whole game though.

Maybe there is? I think if you go to gameplay constants or interface and where the text display for gold is if you put an color code before it should maybe work? Worth a try at least. It would be the same color/transparency whole game though.
No, it doesn't work. I've tried.

Any info about release date yet?

Or is it still unknown due to all the knew ideas u get and add to it? :grin:
It's too early to set a release date. However, beta isn't far away. ;)

Will there be AI on the map?
Maybe, maybe not. It's not my highest priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.