• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Minigame] ★ Coconut Party ★

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33

★ Coconut Party Project ★
Game version Beta
banner.jpg

bordertop5.jpg

• Intro •
Hello again guys. Here I go again with another minigame map project. The name is Coconut Party, is a quadruple-threat pong-based minigame where you have to encounter every coconuts rushing onto you while trying to attack enemies goal-line to obtain scores. As I made more maps, many precious experiences and lessons I got from my previous projects, both pleasing and painful experiences. Now I realize things and decided to create a simple map instead. I'm trying to make the easiest gameplay as possible without omitting challenges inside it. This game has been a dream for me to make since a very long time ago. I already have numerous attempts to create similar gameplay but always ended up as failures. But now the time has come where I'm capable and got enough skills to get it realized. So here it is.[td]
cornerTR.jpg

cornerTL1.jpg

[tr][td]

• Gameplay •
The game can only be played by exactly 4 players in the room. Empty slots will be automatically filled by AI players (Normal level). All of the playing players are your opponents. Your task is to encounter every incoming coconuts. If you hit a coconut, it will be marked by your color. If your coconut successfully passes through one of enemy's goal line, you will get scores. However, if you got enemies' or your coconuts pass through your own goal-line, you will get penalties (minus scores).

• How to Play •
Firstly if you are the host, you may configure match options at the beginning of the match. If all sets, then just start the game. As explained above, you need to defend your goal line and attack your enemie's goal line. To control your unit, drag your cursor around your base area and your unit will move towards it. To shoot, just press left or right click on that area, otherwise, it won't work. Collect as much as scores as possible to win.

Tips: Remember that you will get penalties if enemies' coconuts get through your goal line, and even worse you give'em scores. So prioritize things up! Try to give enemies' coconuts the highest priority as possible. Don't let them steal scores from you!

• Features •
The game will supports various features, yet some of them are still in my plan:
• Intense AI
As the time goes by, my AI scripting skill has been improved a lot. Especially since I worked on Glideon's AI. Now my AI has come to a completely new level. My AI is now able to make dynamic decisions depends on the situation they encounter. Which of course, makes them much tougher to beat. Well, as always, my AI is not for the weak.

There are 3 levels of them: Easy, Normal, and lastly Insane. The higher the level, the more circumstances they may handle, and the better decisions they will make. Yet currently I haven't worked on Easy AI yet. Easy AI will be replaced by Normal AI instead. Lastly, this is only possibility though, but I may write an even higher level AI someday, which is able to make perfect decision in every possible situation.

• Fancy Visual & Audial Effects
I'm planning to add fancy effects to the game. I wanna make a glorious gameplay as possible, which is filled by visual and audial effects everywhere. Yet I still don't have a clue how to realize it. First I gonna need 2D artists and voice actors to help.

• Dynamic Game Options
There are multiple game modes and game options which can be configured on every beginning of a match. One match will be staged in several sections. Every section will have their own special events and characteristics (unique coconut spawn pattern, special coconuts, boost items, etc.)

• Boost Items
Boost items are random items spawned at random spot in the arena. Each has it own unique effects, like increasing power, increasing speed, shockwave, etc. To obtain these abilities, one has to hit the item with one of his coconuts.

• After Match Summary Board
At the end of every match, there will be displayed a dialog box which summaries the match. It displays the statistics of every player, including efficiency, final score, performance rank, overall rank, and many other details. It won't be just simply a multiboard of course.

• Spectators
Won't be just an ordinary spectating system. There will be numerous camera settings and effects that will help you to observe the match easily.​

• Screenshots •
There is nothing fancy to show at the moment though.
WIP
pathmapping.jpg
1. Path Mapping
finalshape.jpg
2. Final Shape
a.jpg
3. Added Decorations
the island.jpg
4. The Island
p.jpg
5. New Path Mapping
In-Game
menu.jpg
1. Menu
game1.jpg
2. The Game
b.jpg
3. Smoother View
In-Game (New)
ss1.jpg
ss2.jpg
ss3.jpg
ss4.jpg
ss5.jpg
ss6.jpg
ss7.jpg
ss8.jpg
ss9.jpg
ss10.jpg
ss11.jpg
ss12.jpg
ss13.jpg

• To-Do List •
Here are things I would like to do in the project in the future (for reminder) before I'm going to release the Beta version:
• Recruit project team members ✔
• After match summary board ✔
• Add sound effects ✔
• Play portrait animation on score board ✔
• Define coconut spawning more (add animations, etc.) ✔
• Add in-game guide (Read Me) ✔
• Decorate the arena ✔​

• The Project Team •
I'm too lazy to create a recruitment thread, so if you wanna take part just post here or send me a PM. Just don't be so formal, please.
• Project Director
• Graphic Designer
• Texture Maker
• Sound Actor
• Sound Maker
• Modeler
• Coder
• Video Editor
: Quilnez
: Roland
: ~Nightmare
: DivineArms
: NightStalker06698
: HerrDave
: Quilnez
:
cornerBL.jpg
[td]

• Downloads •
Hover to check file's details.

borderbottom5.jpg
[td].
cornerBR1.jpg
[tr][td]

The project has been fully completed. Go check this link to get the most actual version:
Official Thread

banner3.jpg

Last edited:
I'm already married, Sir. I don't think we should do this. :)

Tested it a bit. You little hacker, the music started already before I even played it.

I won't note suggestions you also will handle by yourself for sure..
Some more variation into gameplay might be good. I can imagine it's solid, but there is nothing very exiting at the moment about it. Ideas:
  • Work with mana and custom abilities, to allow something like Strong-shot or something else.
  • Team-mode: To play as team against a boss in middle. Goal is to shot him x-times from the back, or what ever.
  • A dynamic obstacle (unit) slowly moving random around in middle that blocks shots.

When I got more into mind I'll let you know.
Keep up the good work so far.

Kazeon

Level 33
I'm already married, Sir. I don't think we should do this. :)

Tested it a bit. You little hacker, the music started already before I even played it.

I won't note suggestions you also will handle by yourself for sure..
Some more variation into gameplay might be good. I can imagine it's solid, but there is nothing very exiting at the moment about it. Ideas:
  • Work with mana and custom abilities, to allow something like Strong-shot or something else.
  • Team-mode: To play as team against a boss in middle. Goal is to shot him x-times from the back, or what ever.
  • A dynamic obstacle (unit) slowly moving random around in middle that blocks shots.

When I got more into mind I'll let you know.
Keep up the good work so far.

Yep we shouldn't.

Thanks for the suggestions tho. I'll take point 3 to my to do list ;)

Coconut is a giant nut.

Will check it out. Don't disappoint me.

Well, I'm afraid it will disappoint you... due to complete lost :>

You know what i think you should do at some point? Combine all your minigames into one big mario party-like game, where you collect score to progress on a larger map (look at mario party videos to see what i mean). That would be great fun.

Good idea.. But I will need way much more mini-games to go.

Kazeon

Level 33
Well, maybe it would be some incentive for you to make your minigame scripts more plug-and-play based so that they could more easily be added to a single map.

Gonna try this one out later!

Actually I can bundle up all the minigames to a single campaign quite easily. One map (chapter) would be some short of "menu" which redirects to the minigame we would like to play. Bundling many minigames to a single map is impractical I think. But to a campaign it is very possible.

Thanks I will be waiting for your feedbacks. But don't expect to be excited with the current version. :thumbs_up:

Kazeon

Level 33
An update (v0.4) has been released! Check it out here!
- Reduced crowds and improved their animations
- Reduced AI difficulty (added respond delay)
- Defined match style and gameplay
- Added Gold and Poisonous coconuts
- Fixed player's unit's animation
- Fixed AI player's unit's animation

Last edited:

Kazeon

Level 33
Hey, sup guys? Just want to inform that the map will be released very soon, probably on this weekend. If not, it's going to be roughly late December. Now I'm looking for a good video editor to help me make a promotion video for the map. If you got free times and willing to help, just inform me via PM. Thanks!

Kazeon

Level 33
Hey, sup guys? So quiet here :grin:

The map is currently undergoing the closed beta testing phase until the 21th December. So while waiting for the date, I would like to look for beta testers for open beta testing purpose. There is no limit, the more people joins the more awesome it would be. Special credits will be give of course. If you are interested just send me PM. ;)

Thank you...

EDIT:
I will upload the newest screenies in a moment.

Edit 2:
Sorry guys. My PC broke down just right after I edited my post. I will get it fixed asap and I hope I wont lose all data in it.

Last edited:
Level 15
Omg, I absolutely love it.

It doesn't deserve a proper review but its f**king awesome!

Everyone must check this out! Its a good stress reliever. I enjoyed every single moment of it. :)

Rating? 4/5.

How to improve? Add more modes! Do something like Racing stuff or Mario Party stuffs.

Untitledlo8uiyf.jpg

Kazeon

Level 33
Hello, have been a while since the last time I posted here. I kinda forgot to announce the complete version release (v1.0). And it's already at version 1.4 now, which is obviously much better than the last version I uploaded here. You can download and try out the map here: LINK
If you have any feedback, please don't hesitate to post it in the thread. Thank you. And enjoy.. :)

Level 7
Hello, have been a while since the last time I posted here. I kinda forgot to announce the complete version release (v1.0). And it's already at version 1.4 now, which is obviously much better than the last version I uploaded here. You can download and try out the map here: LINK
If you have any feedback, please don't hesitate to post it in the thread. Thank you. And enjoy.. :)

So, this is crash bash, wc3 versión?

Level 12
Great map! Didn't know wc3 could support mouse related coding. Unfortunately it is not a responsive as i would have liked, but me and my buds still had a blast!
On a somewhat unrelated note, i always thought it would be cool to have a simple ice maze in which the mazing unit would follow your mouse, without being issued commands.

Anyways i really loved the map, will def keep playing it with my buddies!

Kazeon

Level 33
Looks really good! I was surprised at how interesting you managed to make it on such simple premises. I love the sounds, music, and the on-screen text best.

Thank you. Glad if you like it!

Support, come on!!

Thank you for the support!

Great map! Didn't know wc3 could support mouse related coding. Unfortunately it is not a responsive as i would have liked, but me and my buds still had a blast!
On a somewhat unrelated note, i always thought it would be cool to have a simple ice maze in which the mazing unit would follow your mouse, without being issued commands.

Anyways i really loved the map, will def keep playing it with my buddies!

It's called trackable and it's indeed supported. Thanks for the feedback anyway!

But, I hope the next guy will post his feedback in the other thread since I have actually unsubsribed from this one. Perhaps I will request mods to close it.

Kazeon

Level 33
header.jpg

Version 1.7 (with first revision) has been released, buds! With some hotfixes, visual improvements, and lots of adjustments in AI difficulties. Concerning how dramatic the Expert and Pro AI was much harder than Intermediate AI. It now only has slight margin in degree of difficulty between every skill level. Pro AI is now just slightly harder than the Expert AI in previous version. The map is now much much more enjoyable and still somehow challenging. Enjoy! LINK

Kazeon

Level 33
header.jpg

A huge update (v2.0) has just been released! With LOTS of improvements, reworks around game modes, perfectized AI difficulties, etc. Also comes with new HQ sound effects and carefully adjusted sounds' volumes makes it sounds very comfortable even when you are wearing headphones. This update was focused to make this map incredibly fun and enjoyable more than ever. The control delay indeed sucks but the AI has been simulated to have the same delay as well. What are you waiting for? Let's go check it out! :grin: LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.