• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

» Chernobyl - Lost Riddles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
clr_moddb_newszi24.png

After a long dry spell, I'm writing this article for you with some new content. The soundtrack has been finished. Finally! I hope you like it. Feel free to give us feedback, or some suggestions.

Hugget Sukker is our new Sound-Director. Thanks again for your contribution, Hugget Sukker!

Furthermore I want to give you some impressions. The great collective is has been formed.

clr_moddb_tgcetz3.png

cLR_thegreatcolletive_004.jpg

The Collective represents a mysterious phenomenon which exists and grows by absorbing pure kinds of energy (like fission & fusion generators, human mind, or electricity).
This particular one in chernobyl is absorbing the reactor's fission power and seeks to grow its mind by collecting mind and soul of any individual.

clr_moddb_itgc7cx2.png

cLR_thegreatcolletive_005.jpg

This mind stands for the sum of all absorbed ones. The relevant point now is, that all of these minds are imprisoned in a small, compressed cage.
Every part-mind in this Collective can feel, see and understand what another individuals feel, see and understand... Which is by no means wonderful, it is a nightmare for the ones inside.
Imagine ONE body having a vast amount of mind and soul essence, existing of memories, wishes, feelings, different will, purposes.

Everything mixed together leads to schizophrenia, emotional tension, desperation, fear.

Last edited:
Level 19
Wow. This is really, really good. If there's any spaces, I'd love to be part of the Beta Team, thanks if I do make it in! +Rep for epic map making.

Level 22
Wow, wtf, omg, cheese puff. That model is orgasmically epically covered in kickassity. I must lick it.

What I'm wondering De.Facto is if this WILL run on Wc3's engine, I notice you spammed a lot of those tiny pipes from XGM.ru from Dawn of War.. Which brings me to believe when I move around those I am going to lag to death. How will you prevent this? I figured maybe you are stretching them out so less models are used, or something like that.

Level 11
I don't think it will lag. during the creation of Darkwind RPG I figured out, that not the count of doodads lags. It's more the count od walkable destructables. After I reduced the number of those walkables, I was able to raise the average FPS by around 8 frames and have it now stable at ~33. So my advice for better performance is, use as few as possible walkable destructables.

Level 11
Wow, wtf, omg, cheese puff. That model is orgasmically epically covered in kickassity. I must lick it.

What I'm wondering De.Facto is if this WILL run on Wc3's engine, I notice you spammed a lot of those tiny pipes from XGM.ru from Dawn of War.. Which brings me to believe when I move around those I am going to lag to death. How will you prevent this? I figured maybe you are stretching them out so less models are used, or something like that.

Two things: Fingolfin tweaked the models. Less polys. Better look. More performance. Additionally I've streched them to death, right. ;P
But they still look good, as you may see. Just let me show you some current screenshots with stable fps around 30.

clr_stablefps_002grm3.jpg

clr_stablefps_001rrtq.jpg

As you already recognized, these characters are out-dated.

I don't think it will lag. during the creation of Darkwind RPG I figured out, that not the count of doodads lags. It's more the count od walkable destructables. After I reduced the number of those walkables, I was able to raise the average FPS by around 8 frames and have it now stable at ~33. So my advice for better performance is, use as few as possible walkable destructables.

I don't use this technique. Just check out my tutorial.

Last edited:
Level 19
The game is bound to be epic, how about improving on the animations and models to make them look even more realistic once the game is out? They look pretty good right now though.

Level 22
@Indomitable1319: That OR, he could be using T-51b armors as his main unit displayed with the terrain.. That might give someone a Fallout impression. >:O

@De.Facto: The map looks great, but let me ask one last thing; what is the point of an alpha tile? And how do you get the terrain to sit flat like a square box.. So that you could reduce the use of 'Walkable Destructables'?

And I would have guessed Fingolfin to have something to do with it.. His nose is in everything. :p

Last edited:
Level 19
I hope there would be ways we can give encouragement or something to help out, it looks really nice, hope you can find a way to increase map bounds too:) Rather than stay to Blizzard's limitations (If there is a method) ...

Level 6
Waiting for this project! Just played a round of Chernobyl 0.30b, got stuck at the "money rules the world" with the morse code coins... Couldn't figure it out.
Good luck and if you need a beginner JASSer (I doubt it) I'm at your service.

Last edited:
Level 6
When it comes out, Is it possible for a bot hosting this map on several servers? I play on a local PvPGN from my country, several ppl is online there. It would be really cool. If not I can still go to bnet :B

Status
Not open for further replies.