• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chernobyl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
The radiation wasn't just around Russia, today's Ukraine you could also say..., it spread on the west. I'm from the Chernobyl generation, pretty sure there was still radiation when I was born. South East Europe isn't far from Ukraine you know... Do you know why actually sometimes conspiracies about various other things may be true? Because the event where USSR decided to hide at first that such thing had happened and even said that something like that happened on the west, when they are able to hide such thing, why not hide many other secrets and not just Russia, USA and many other governments.

What courses towards the event? It's a dead scrapped place, showing what happens to a desrted place with no human touch for ages. Better yet, think about Fukishima or other nuclear plants for that matter...

Level 9
Actually not really, because nothing else should live there either, its deadly to everything, not just humans...
Problem in wildlife does not know any better, so you get irradiated wildlife...

And so begins the age of lethal mutants?

Level 27
Well, Chernobyl is in Ukraine, not far away from Kiev. There are some people stuill living in the region that is counter as radioactive area and they're completely fine and their children are not mutants. It's just not recommended to pick berries, catch fish and do other stuff like that in the region.. the power plant's reactor (There are three in total, one was in progress before catastrophe, two were not damaged or anything, one went boom) is covered in Sarcophagus that prevents radiation from spreading, and they're planing on building a new, larger sarkophagus around the reactor.

So no, it's not in Russia, the area around it is not dealy to live, and there are no need in additional actuions because there were some taken long time ago and some are just in case beeing prepared already.

Level 27
You know, due to the radiation wildlife really flourished in Chernobyl. You can still go there, if you're careful -- and I once read something about an elderly woman still living there.

As I already mentioned, some people returned there and they're living fine... of course they don't have much neighbours, but they don'tr have any health problems...

And Wildlife flourished not because of radiation, but because people were to affraid to hunt for meat or whatever else of animals, thinking that they might be get poisoned by radioactivity.

Level 7
They should blow up another reactor there so i can play S.T.A.L.K.E.R in real life! jk

A clan of cancer-infected kids are going to come murder you.

On the topic of S.T.A.L.K.E.R, though, there's little to no scientific value to be found in the gameplay. Chemical radiation does not transform humans into terrible, bloodthirsty mutants. Depending on the amount of grays (measurement units) of radiation absorbed, symptoms or effects vary, but, in most cases, rapid, uncontrolled cellular mitosis takes place, leading to cancer and small bodily deformities, especially in newborn babies of infected mothers. If a massive amount is absorbed, well, then somatic cells die, eventually leading to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.