• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

» Chernobyl - Lost Riddles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey dudes.
I just want to show you some impressions of Chernobyl - Lost Riddles.

We will release the new homepage / version in the following weeks.

cherno_banner_db_800yeiq.jpg

wip_031iok1.jpg

wip_032as2j.jpg

wip_033nqzp.jpg

wip_034oto8.jpg

wip_038duzx.jpg

wip_039fsau.jpg

wip_0403qa5.jpg

wip_0239gzi.jpg

wip_025aii6.jpg

wip_026wgjw.jpg

wip_0281ev4.jpg

wip_029qgdk.jpg

All pictures are still WORK IN PROGRESS!

Last edited:
Level 8
Chernobyl? Looks really good and do you mean it by the Nuclear Explosion in Ukraine? Just curious.

Level 11
Chernobyl? Looks really good and do you mean it by the Nuclear Explosion in Ukraine? Just curious.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Yes, as a pre-liquidator you have to obviate the accident of 1986. (;

There will be two parts.

An 'adventure-part' and a 'riddle-part' - the riddles are divided into 'actives' and 'passives'.
  • Active riddle means, that you have to solve the room with active actions and your team.
  • A passive riddle can be solved with a 'simple' text command.

Furthermore the rooms are divided into alpha, beta and gamma-yards.
You may find different riddles in that yards (empiric, knowledge, math [..]).

Before you entering a room, you may discover the environment -
gathering some informations about chernobyl, the accident, the causes and the effects.

At least, the reactor of chernobyl (RBMK-1000) is fully implemented.
The functions, the mechanics and how this nuclear power plant was working - will be available for you and your team.

Level 7
The bridges are okay-ish. Just, get rid of those ugly stretched textures from the tiles.

Maybe build a doodad wall there?

Level 30
wow :D Thats totally unlike anything ive ever seen in warcraft before xD The fact that theres so much height variation is a huge plus :) Most terrainers tend to make everything too flat but you definately dont have that problem ;)

The custom models and skins really help add to the "industrial" feel you've got going on :D

I must agree about those stone bridges though :p They look far to medieval at the moment! maybe a custom skin, or perhaps a new model altogether? :D

all in all, you've left me breathless xD I look forward to seeing more!

Level 25
Nice terrains. But please do not mix WarCraft III units with this! They don't fit at all. Also, be sure to focus on the level design portion of the terrains rather than just decorating the hell out of it (not saying decoration is bad) so that there are vantage points and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.