• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

» Arcadia - Rise and Fall [Overhauled]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
First and second are obviously move and patrol... third looks like cancel or stop... and third one as I suppose would be Hold position, right?

correct. (;

InGame-Interface
ingameinterface.1.jpg
I currently aim for the first beta-test of the new v1.00 (first chapter).
When anyone is interested to help finding bugs/issues to improve further development, feel free to leave a post or send a PM.

Don't forget to follow us.

Level 49
Okay, awesome, thanks. :D
Started playing; Found something. When you first meet Diego, the camera angle is rather awkward, and it is difficult to see what he says(when you interact with him). Also, the 'bug list' you sent me is actually a changelog. :p
And Joey stopped following me after I ran too fast.

I'll be editing this post with everything that I find. Just check back here every now and then. :p

EDIT 1: Actually... I can't continue playing, since Joey won't follow me longer than the two military jeeps.

Level 11
Okay, awesome, thanks. :D
Started playing; Found something. When you first meet Diego, the camera angle is rather awkward, and it is difficult to see what he says(when you interact with him). Also, the 'bug list' you sent me is actually a changelog. :p
And Joey stopped following me after I ran too fast.

I'll be editing this post with everything that I find. Just check back here every now and then. :p

Ok great. Don't mention 'Joey' - the system knows that you've picked up him already. You may enter that building without any problem. (;

Level 49
Okay, I found something!
When you try to enter the building with the coke cans... Err, I mean, AEterintas after you already got the AEterintas with Joey already, you will kind of bug out. The camera will move there, Joey(or you) won't be there and you will have to click F1 a lot of times for the Camera to go back to you character.
EDIT: Actually the whole camera just gets fucked up after you do that, forcing you to restart the game. :(

EDIT 2: I found something else.
I found the log-data(I guess it is the log-data; A yellow-ish orb found on a dead guy, something about "non-observance"). No item appeared in my inventory; I still have only the AEternitas(which everyone refuses to take or talk about with me in the 'camp'). No matter how much I try, I still can't access that terminal. Says I have to find the log-data first before I can log in. :(

Level 11
Okay, I found something!
When you try to enter the building with the coke cans... Err, I mean, AEterintas

hehe.. that's ok.

Those log data files are not hard to find really. When I accessed the terminal I selected my character by mistake and had no control over the terminal.

I've already added this to the list. Thanks. (;

So far no bugs encountered, although I suggest you to calculate the extents on all of your models. They become cut-off when they reach the edges of the camera, especially the glass.

Yes, I've already done this with the containers. This is also on the todo-list.

Okay, I found something!
When you try to enter the building with the coke cans... Err, I mean, AEterintas after you already got the AEterintas with Joey already, you will kind of bug out. The camera will move there, Joey(or you) won't be there and you will have to click F1 a lot of times for the Camera to go back to you character.
EDIT: Actually the whole camera just gets fucked up after you do that, forcing you to restart the game. :(

Erm, you mean after leaving the upper floor?

EDIT 2: I found something else.
I found the log-data(I guess it is the log-data; A yellow-ish orb found on a dead guy, something about "non-observance"). No item appeared in my inventory; I still have only the AEternitas(which everyone refuses to take or talk about with me in the 'camp'). No matter how much I try, I still can't access that terminal. Says I have to find the log-data first before I can log in. :(

True. I think a little bit more feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
Level 5
Going to be sending you logs of feedback as I play otherwise I may forget some things.

-Spelling and Grammar Errors in The Quest Logs/Some Interactions in Beginning.
-I find The Camera to be aggrivating in the Beginning as its hard to move around to a different area because of how WC3 stretches out.
-Camera Breaks from where the soldiers are stationed, trying to break into the grid and the burning tree.
-No clue where to find the cans for the first quest. Should add some kind of hint where to go. ( was running around in circles, finally got it though).
-Joey stopped following me and walked back to his original location. Which is kind of game breaking considering you control him in the ruined building.
-I have all the data logs yet I can't access the terminal.

I can't continue because I cannot access the terminal.

Level 49
Erm, you mean after leaving the upper floor?
I mean after I've done EVERYTHING already, got out of the floor, got the AEterintas, and I have the AEterintas on my character outside the building. After a while of wandering about, I tried to 'use' the small entrance again(the one Joey entered), and instead of saying something like "I've already got the AEterintas." or "This entrance is too small for me.", the camera moves to the location where Joey spawned before, except Joey isn't there, which bugs the whole camera\game.

-No clue where to find the cans for the first quest.
That's part of the fun in 'clue'\'adventure'\'puzzle' games. ^^ The ORIGINAL Arcadia was far more difficult, I'm guessing it will progress in difficulty as we get to the meta level etc. :D

hehe.. that's ok.
Oh wow. That's really clever of you, and typical of your maps. Awesome. :)

Level 5
I mean after I've done EVERYTHING already, got out of the floor, got the AEterintas, and I have the AEterintas on my character outside the building. After a while of wandering about, I tried to 'use' the small entrance again(the one Joey entered), and instead of saying something like "I've already got the AEterintas." or "This entrance is too small for me.", the camera moves to the location where Joey spawned before, except Joey isn't there, which bugs the whole camera\game.

I can confirm this, I also can't seem to turn in the AEterintas.

Level 11
Level 11
arc_fac_005axuucf.jpg

We're currently working on chapter II and I want to share a first WIP of the new entrance hall/inner facility + soundtrack (0 Fahrenheit by Hugget Sukker) with you.
Furthermore there will be great improvements on the gameplay and the karma-system. More possibilities to clear an area!

Arcadia - Rise and Fall | Soundtrack | Chapter II (0 Fahrenheit)

Don't forget to follow us on facebook, if you didn't yet.

Level 11
Depends on what I personally need, specialized or not. Wall and metal brick are from _Ogre. The hexagon-mesh is from Kerloc, our 3D-Artist for example.
The Noumenon-Science model has been contributed by fingolfin (was especially made for Chernobyl, but hey - NC is the great antagonist in our universe).
But thanks, I will try to make the 2nd chapter much better than the first one. More possibilities to solve tasks or riddles. More action and suspense.

Status
Not open for further replies.