• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise and Fall of Nations and Ebb and Flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello Hive.

I am just posting a thread that i can maintain for a bit and show off my current works to.

I have two main projects at the moment.

Rise and Fall of nations
and
Ebb and Flow

So now for some description.

Rise and fall of nations is an empire builder/ orpg map. Set within a land in conflict between the many empires there of many races, players find themselves in the main human capital and face the choice of which kind of player they wish to be, the lone wolf hero that quests around the map for treasure and power, or the leader of a small village which they must govern and flourish into the most powerfull city. It is multiplayer and players have plenty of room to explore, ally, quest and do what they wish in order to achieve absolute power. There is an underlying story to it which shall effect the players.

The story line that i am making the game off can be found here

This is a restart of my previous attempt to make it, due to time constraints i was unable to complete such a large scale map on my own. I have just restarted work on it today from scratch and i look forward to bringing you updates on its progress.
* 8 player multiplayer

Ebb and Flow is an AOS style game with a large twist. Players must decide what they feel is the best stratagy to overcome the enemy base. All heroes start with 5 items suited to that hero, for instance one of the archer heroes already has a Bow a cloak boots gloves and a shirt. These items are undropable and give slight bonus's to their overall stats. However these items are upgradable for up to 5 levels each which leaves the hero very powerfull.

This is not the only way to win the game though, a player may also decide the best course of action is strength in numbers and can purchase buildings for the home base which will strengthen the base. After these structures are completed a hero may decide either to upgrade the unit spawns by buying statues for the barracks's, upgrading the already spawning units with better weapons, conquering creep spawns so that they spawn units for their side, or hiring their own mercinaries.

There is a variety of ways to win Ebb and Flow and it proves for a lengthy but fun AoS style map.
*5v5 multiplayer.

*Edit.. Beta now released. Feel free to download it and give it a try and give me your opinions. It still has alot of work to go before it is V1.0 but this is the first fully playable version.

I am currently recruiting any one who feels they could be of assistance to my projects and wishes to truly make a beautiful map.

Thank you to all who have read this and please give me your thoughts. '

AdzYboy out.

Attachments

• EbbAndFlowBeta.w3x
    2.8 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Level 4
the upgrading items isnt a key feature.. its just an option.. some one who focus's solely on upgrading items will annihilate any other hero, but they will leave their base weaker as they have not upgraded troops or made more troop production things...

dont worry.. i will upload the beta probably tomorrow, i am just sorting out some kinks so that it is actually playable.

also i searched the net for the name to see if there were any maps called that and couldnt find one, i have never liked the name of it but i did not come up with the name. If it is unoriginal then it will be changed.

thank you for the input, it is apreciated.

Level 17
The names aren't that important, they're only important to lure people to play your map. You should see it like advertisement, they also often say something about your map. I think the idea of Rise and fall of nations is really awesome. You can make that concept great if you make the world come alive;
*random bandits raids.
*npc in big cities who really do things,
*eye candy.
Good luck anyway!

Level 4
thanks... well i am just sorting out the final kinks of ebb and flow now.. i will have it uploaded today.. so come by again and check it out..

as for RaFoN i really do wish for it to be a beautiful game, also i want the game mechanics to have alot of replay value.. i think the AI will play a major role in this so i deffinetly will need to look for some one later down the track to help out with it.

thanks for your thoughts.

Level 4
yeh... i have seen that tutorial before...

my previous version of Rise and Fall of nations used that technique a bit.. i really enjoyed it.

but that map was Far to big.. and yeh.. the project was to big for just one person.

new version however.. even if i dont manage to recruit any one... i will be able to finish it on my own.. mainly because this kind of stuff is my future and my career to come (cept in the games design industry)

Status
Not open for further replies.