• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Death]'s Terrain Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'd add more, except WC3C's down and all. And 75% of my terrain lies in WC3C's murky depths. I sort of regret I never really did terrain much.

Attachments

• WorldTree.jpg
    WorldTree.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,412
  • GunslingerRoland.jpg
    GunslingerRoland.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 1,628
  • RedShadow.jpg
    RedShadow.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,289
  • HugeWorld.jpg
    HugeWorld.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 1,351
  • ColdSythram.jpg
    ColdSythram.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 1,336
  • Brothers11.jpg
    Brothers11.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 1,353
Last edited:
Level 7
You can't? Maybe because you have JavaScript disabled? I uploaded them here for those who can't see or are too lazy to enable JavaScript.

EDIT: Hmm, I never knew The Hive had some sort of expandable image attachment. Is this new?
EDIT2: Oh, it uses JavaScript too.
EDIT3: Attached images to the first post now. Not in the same order as they were, though, so all the comments are a little off.

Last edited:
Level 25
They're all pretty much perfect! Except the second shot the guy on horse looks odd, and if he's supposed to be standing next to it then it looks very unrealistic (Men aren't taller than horses as far as I know) and the fifth one needs more environmental doodads around the grassy areas as well. Maybe use the village doodad pack in this one.

Level 6
Uhh a mapper that know how to work~
Ahh someone with great skills posted here, lets see if i can find something.
But dont forget everything is imho based.

1. I think there should be different ground Textures and not only one.

2. Uh where is the water coming from?^^
The Proudmoore doesnt look that good, but nice idea.
Also i think the right side looks kinda empty.

3. Too bad u hadnt used cloud models, would be a nice effect for the empty background.

4. Nothing wrong with that, but eh you dont give me much to look at :p

5. Something is missing, maybe ghost particle or spirit ones. Maybe souls flying through the air. This screen is the lowest qualitly of those u presented.

6. Why is the top roof blue?~
It would be nice if there would be some living creatures.

I think that is rep worthy.

Level 3
If you click on his name and then "View Public Profile" you can find out. I think he's earned some.

Level 3
Real nice cinematic effects on all of those, they make you take another look haha. My only questions are did you make that house in the last screenie without imports? And...just to be a smart ass, where is that water coming from in the 2nd screenie? It seems theres a little gap at the tip of the waterfall, idk if it was intended to appear that way? As if it was coming out of the rocks or?

Level 6
He used doodads in a smart way and sized them nicely.
Its a pain doing this and needs alot of time...

Also thanks for calling me smart :p

Level 3
Well, I honestly had not read your previous post till now. I guess we are both smart..

asses.

Level 25
Bleh... since this is actually a good thread, I will let this thread revival slide. [Death] is a good terrainer and deserves the respect of his skills being remembered ^_^

But please do not revive this thread when it dies again; thank you!
~Craka_J

Level 34
Another to add to the death toll of good terrainers? Maybe it's still too soon. Death seems almost more of a cinematic terrainer. These are some pretty artsy picture, I like them a lot.

Level 15
Good job m'friend, looking forward for more. Here are my opinions;
Picture 1: World tree? Pretty cool. I am not sure if it is supposed to mean that the tree is a the very top of a mountain, in that case it's a little plain for being top.
Picture 2: Too good, but the stones on/aside the waterall looks a little weird, but i have no ideas on how to improve. Is the water comming from under the castle or is it a small, small lake just beside?
Picture 3: That is so cool!! Probably the best screenie i have seen for a long time, and the model is pretty cool too.
Picture 4: You don't actually sees much, and i hope the whole terrain do not look exactly the same, not enough variation. But since it is what it is, good.
Picture 5: Spookie... Looks a little squarish though.
Picture 6: Nice one :) you are good with combining doodads (other cases i have seen too).

It looks like i am the only one that says something bad. Sorry, but i am just trying to be onest and give constructive critics, even if u are a pro terrainer. I myself i trying to become a good terrainer, and these pictures give inspiration. Which i could give +rep, but i will just approve...

Level 34
They do look rather odd, but I doubt it will ever change. Death has been inactive for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.