• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Small Terrain Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the start of a new contest at Clan FoL, I have decided to start to enter the world of terraining. Really, this is my only completed piece: a small island I made out of the High Rez pack at Wc3C. As time progresses, I'll post more and more terrains, but until I have completed them, you are stuck with the two screenshots for my island.

Please give any needed comments or ciritism.

:thumbs_up: Thanks,

Elfsilver Lord

Attachments

• Village 1.jpg
    Village 1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 266
  • Village 2.jpg
    Village 2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 249
Level 13
Your lack of experience is definitely apparent by looking at those screenshots.

You should spend alot more time on them because it looks like you just placed some doodads from the High Res pack and then toke some pics.

Sigh....

Thing is: everything in the High Rez pack is in German. I can't speak german at all. The only things I know that are directly translated are baum (tree) and haus (house), so my range is limited.

It was not for a city contest, but a village contest; I had no intention of making a city.

I must have done something wrong, because the sky did not overwritem with another one. I'll fix that soon.

Level 28
Yeah, I would if I could, but their is one problem: Liek I said, I don't speak German, period. I'd take forever trying to find the rushes and other stuff in the High Rez pack.

WoW. Well.... When I started working on world editor, my range on english was very very tiny. So I took every doodad and fixed it on the map, so I could had a sense of the names and objects I was working with. But I was younger, so I had more time to do these things...

Good Luck with the contest!

WoW. Well.... When I started working on world editor, my range on english was very very tiny. So I took every doodad and fixed it on the map, so I could had a sense of the names and objects I was working with. But I was younger, so I had more time to do these things...

Good Luck with the contest!

Yeah, one problem: they were ingame.

If you imported everything from the High Rez pack, you would have....

About 150 models and 300 textures to import, not to forget to path with the Textures\.

Status
Not open for further replies.