• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Terrain Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a thread showing how I have progressed in terraining, hopefully I can get some good feedback from you all, on what I should improve on.

Terrain ImageInformation/Links
Terrain1.PNGThis was the first terrain I ever made that I showed, rather crappy now that I look back at it.
View attachment 90108A starting area for a Goblin map I started long ago, that was never finished because my computer crashed, and I lost it.
A recent terrain I have made, for the most recent terraining contest, there will be more images of this uploaded when I update.

Give me some feedback on what you all think. I will clean up the post, and make it look better later on.

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
They're... very unfinished. Not much to criticize really, although this might be because there isn't much to it at all.
It's a shame you aren't finishing these, because they do have potential.
The first one however, actually doesn't look good at all. I happen to know you made this way back in '09 however, so naturally you've improved since then :)

Level 17
Since the first one is your first terrain I shall not comment on it.
The second one looks very nice and simple, yet unfinished.
When it is fully completed, it will look as lovely as your love for males. ;]

Level 18
First screen: The terrain looks terrible (No offense) but you use blizzard clifs and a terrible tileset imo also i dont see why there could be ice in such a terrain when their is fire around it.

Second screen: Looks a lot better than the first but it looks unfinished perhaps you wana give it a bit more detail like market stands and lights (torches) in order to give it a better atmosphere also i can see its made on a hill but as you can see before the gate of the castle the hill looks terrible maybe continue the hell and make a road with trees near it and create a path wich leads to the castle. And atleast smooth the edges of that hill.

I hope that my advice was helpfull and didnt sound to much rude :p

Status
Not open for further replies.