• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

X3n0nX's Terrain Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Terrain Gallery
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the thread where I present you my terrains. Have a look around and feel free to leave a comment. Every comment is appreciated and I would try to improve my future terrains from these feedbacks and see what you like and dislike about the terrains. Just to leave a few words to my newest terrains. I started to practice lightning lately. Especially on how to get more intense light effects, reflection and so on. Anyways, enjoy looking through the thread. If you want more information about the terrain, feel free to contact me.

This terrain shown is a terrain that just sprouted in mind. Following fladdermasken's tip about lightning.

Attachments

• Terrain Art 03.png
    Terrain Art 03.png
    1 MB · Views: 310
Level 23
There is a big difference in terms of quality between the foreground and the background, which does really downrate this terrain. To be excact the foreground looks way to static and does not have the touch of a terrain formed by nature. This is caused by the very strange placed rocks that do not really loook as random as nature would form them. Changing this would really upgrade the terrain, which lighting- wise is a good work.
SO please make sure, the foreground fits the good background in terms of quality better.
Keep working.

Level 6
Thank you M0rbid as well as GunSlinger21,

@M0rbid I'll try to make the rocks more random next time. Thank you for your comment. I'll do another one, I guess.

Your background and foreground are too close, and It's really weird that the background ends with trees, maybe some 2-3 layers of mountains? Also those rocks that are reflecting in the water look too weird, lift them up, they reflect too much IMO also place those rock more naturally next time, now it looks like a human put them there.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Notice the improvement from your earlier terrains, this is how much lighting matters. Glad you managed to grasp what we discussed.
Regardless, what M0rbid and Oziris says is true. The foreground isn't as nice as your background, and it could use additional depths.
+rep for the lighting.

Level 6
Yes, I used the white star model found in UTM. And GunSlinger21, I used the rocks from the High Res doodad pack, thank you very much fladder. I'm going to gather some ideas out there before doing the next one.

And fladder, I'm going to use the same technique all over again until I manage to put all the things you've said in it (about the foreground and the background). Before moving on, and I will ask you again fladder for the next lightning I think I want... :)), though, sorry fladder. I need to spread out some reps first before giving you one...

Level 11
maybe you should add some "light from above" doodad near the camera top (positioning like this \)
\ = light from above
\
|\ ______________|
|_____picture_____|
if you don't undestand that here is a better one
attachment.php

Attachments

• dwasdwadawdad.JPG
    dwasdwadawdad.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 199
Status
Not open for further replies.