• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #2 - Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
redscores, you could just dump those plants :p (That's the easy way)
And Belgarath it's impossible to target those trees cause of the model that I use for sky.. unles I delete the sky, but with my luck I never get it to the right position again...

Edit: Meh here is a little edited version again.. I managed to get the sky back to it's normal position after I deleted it zomg.. btw any idea for that special thing to the foreground? :eek:

Attachments

• nimetön4.JPG
    nimetön4.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Belgarth: Looks so lush and peaceful. It feels so friendly, almost like I have been there before. The mountains aren't too visible though what is visible of them looks wonderful, the center of the lake is too boring, add in an island or something. Also watch the shrubs, make sure they don't dip into the water.

YAY_WOOT_YAY: The Ashenvale rock against the Lordaeron rock in the first screenie is horrible, green to gray. The second one is great though it could use some shrubs to the left of the trees. The fourth one is beautiful but you need to tone down the color on that grass.

Me: Here is a WIP for my second possible submission.
Description: Snowcap Pass is an Orc-controlled border that runs along a river sperating Icecrown Glacier and the Dragonblight. It is used to keep the powerful forces of the Scourge within their capital and away from any Horde Outposts. The river that runs by the border is, infact, powered by the flowing waters around the Frozen Throne.

Attachments

• Screenshot7-WIP.jpg
    Screenshot7-WIP.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 102
Level 8
about Pyritie comment, i would disagree, imo the blue fits realy good.

but what i noticed it that the border to the water at the island doesnt look
so sharp as the border of the land to the water. mb some (little) more plants
would let it look more "naturaly"

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Yes. Click one, then go to Edit > Select all special. You're done. :)
I love how your pictures are forming, Volvox. Really simple and lovely.

Bel, your terrain looks good so far. Perhaps make those willows a tad larger, and lighten up the water.

And here's the crappy WIP of my second shot. I am not at all happy with the background so far, so I will most probably change it.

Attachments

• wippeh.jpg
    wippeh.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 149
Level 24
I think you should let people see more of that mountain in the background, cause the sight is blocked by clouds :eek:
Meh this will prolly be my last WIP too unless someone gives any good ideas how to improve this.

Attachments

• nimetön4.JPG
    nimetön4.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Frost whispers:

Due to a great amount of WE crashes, lag and inevitable start-overs, I've decided to let the mountain giant rest and won't update it any more.

That being said, here's my final submission.

It concentrates on the steep hills of a mountain over which a storm is formed.

Good luck to all participants.

EDIT: Left the giant one behind, as the rules were updated.

Attachments

• Mountain.jpg
    Mountain.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 2,794
  • Mountain1.w3x
    4 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Level 34
Childeric, your terrain will be accepted, but it's a big stretch. I mostly do this due to your constant activity in these contests.

frost, only one picture per person; sorry but it makes it more difficult to judge with two or three. I prefer the second myself by the way. I also updated the rules to include this. Not sure how I forgot to add that, but I think I stated it somewhere.

Edit: Here is where I said only one. I should have added it to the rules. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.