• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #2 - Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Oh thats nice frost. No major complaints here. Tile variation in far mountains maybe.. but you probably plan on that anyways.

Im working on a single dark mountain with a sort've 17th century Bram Stoker esque castle built into the side... It overlooks a sleepy village as well. Wips soon. =D

Level 24
Well new update ftw :O
(Not sure if the wyverns fit, but I thought that some wildlife would be good :) )

Attachments

• nimetön2.JPG
    nimetön2.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 165
Level 12
Now its looking much better XereX, though i still dislike the center cliff.

Yours is great even now frostwhisper, tree variation is good but the tree on the nearest hill is a bit strange (the one thats not whole in the screenshot)

Level 34
Childeric: We can always count on you for a dark terrain! Looking alright, but I hope it gets better.

Hawkwing: It looks cool, nice angle and the unit actually looks nice for once. Although It's not all that mountainous. I can let it slide, but perhaps you should make mountains in the background, or make it look more like it's on the side of a mountain.

My question has not yet been answered, though I think I already know the answer...

Can we submit multiple (Say 2) submissions?
No. You can work on as many as you want, post as many as you want, but your final submission should be only one. I would recommend making more than one, and choosing your best.

Level 34
Nice stuff guys! This is looking really good. I was worried this would flop like many of the other contests.

Belgarath: WTF? Another one where you have a road going horizontal, and a background behind? Please make something new, although it would pass as mountain enough.

Level 24
Thanks for ignoring my picture(I have entirely too many periods) -.- And equals is too bland.

You don't need to become a douchbag to get attention ffs >_>
It's obivious that the terrain isn't even done yet... and now to your picture.. The fog doesn't match at all with the sky so it looks bad, the boulders or whatever they are doesn't look natural at all and those 2 green plants doesn't match at all with the fall theme. Now be happy >_>

Edit: Equal that is one of the most realistic mountain I have seen with WE so far :p

Status
Not open for further replies.