• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Minigame] Ice Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
attachment.php

Ice Race

It's a multiplayer race using an acceleration-based slide system.

I probably won't add enough content to make it worthy of the maps database, so I'm leaving it here in case anyone else would like to continue it at some point.

Features:
  • Acceleration-based slide system, allows e.g. drifting around corners.
  • Jump system for ramps.
  • Height-based acceleration - you slow down going uphill, and faster downhill.
  • Environmental objects - e.g. a speed boost.
  • Choose from different cars with different stats.
  • Choose one of multiple maps.
  • Stats - current lap times are displayed on a multiboard, and the best times are recorded in the Quests menu.

attachment.php

Drifting around a corner.

attachment.php

Jumping over the track from a ramp!

attachment.php

Delicious stats.

Next up:
- Automatic saving and loading of stats.

Credits:
Goblin car by MiniMage
Firelord car by Mc !
Animated arrow by hellblazer-14
Camera Icon by darkdeathknight
Map preview image by TheNate

Attachments

• icejump.jpg
    icejump.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 463
  • scorestracking.jpg
    scorestracking.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 433
  • drifting.jpg
    drifting.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 436
  • airbourne.jpg
    airbourne.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 433
  • JustDrift015.w3x
    614 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Level 25
Nice map!
A possible escape map with those triggers would be amazing!

One thing, if you slide uphill very very slow, could you change it so the unit will slide back (if the player doesn't change the facing) instead of making its own curve?

+Rep of course! :p

I suppose I could change the acceleration to be based on height difference.

Currently, facing-based acceleration and height acceleration are handled separately.

Your idea has a further merit - if you slide along a slope, but going with the slope all the way, you won't just start accelerating downwards.

Level 6
Hey....rulerofiron99..............why you just continue your map.......i cancel.....i think the better modder deserves to continue it...........sad to say i been busy this days...so it will just ruin your map if i will continue...and i BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN MAKE IT A BETTER MAP..GOGOGOGOGO!!!

Level 6
rulerofiron99, your systems and maps tend to have this intriguing perk to them that I really like. The bouncy damage text in dmgmod, the unique crafting in goblingreed map, and this, advanced sliding. I just gotta say, this acceleration based sliding and even height taken into account is so much different than what I've experienced in normal sliding maps. This is amazing, and realistic! Love bouncing off the ice blocks.

Level 25
rulerofiron99, your systems and maps tend to have this intriguing perk to them that I really like. The bouncy damage text in dmgmod, the unique crafting in goblingreed map, and this, advanced sliding. I just gotta say, this acceleration based sliding and even height taken into account is so much different than what I've experienced in normal sliding maps. This is amazing, and realistic! Love bouncing off the ice blocks.

I still have to change the height acceleration to be forward-based, though.

I also want to replace "set" jump locations with an automatic jumping system. More on this later.

Level 23
It's really fun! Even though Ive been circling through the same track over, and over and over and over again.. It's fun!

I kinda messed with your map while waiting for a PM so I guess I'm partially, fractionally [insert more synonyms of partially here] continuing your map.. I did make little progress.. like arrow key controls, bigger track and traps like flame geysers and stuff.. (dunno why I like traps that much) but I think I'll never finish this coz I already have a project and another project I'm helping on so.. yeah..

anyways this is going to be a really fun map when It's done. It's like another version of Azeroth Grand Prix but better!

Level 6
So Im not a fan of racing games but this map perked my interest. If ur adding Nes's auto saveload Gui portion I can do that for u real quick since I have incorporated it in my map and tested fullhouse.
It does render the players unable to do selection events like right clicks etc while loading though (1-5 seconds with 3-4 players, 30-60 seconds with over 4 players. I use arrow key movement during the 30-60 seconds load time at start so players can get started right away.

Level 25
DC right here, this is one of the coolest racing games on wacraft III I've seen. As far as I could see nothing was wrong or anything.

Thanks!

So Im not a fan of racing games but this map perked my interest. If ur adding Nes's auto saveload Gui portion I can do that for u real quick since I have incorporated it in my map and tested fullhouse.
It does render the players unable to do selection events like right clicks etc while loading though (1-5 seconds with 3-4 players, 30-60 seconds with over 4 players. I use arrow key movement during the 30-60 seconds load time at start so players can get started right away.

I've already tried to incorporate it, but no matter what I did, my jasshelper wouldn't update, so I can' compile the map with it. I have looked at how it works, and I'm going to make my own version. 1 minute of extra loading time sounds terrible, to be honest. Thanks for the offer, though. If I manage to update my JH I'll definitely take you up on it :)

Level 6
I've had the exact same issues with jasshelper.
Nes guided me through that as well.
I had to go to jassnewgenpack5d folder, to jasshelper folder, and replaced with this version.
Yep, the loadtime really set me back, and almost made me drop the entire auto save/load thing, then I realized I should try key arrow movement for first minute of game.

Attachments

• jasshelper.zip
    1 MB · Views: 38
Level 25
I've had the exact same issues with jasshelper.
Nes guided me through that as well.
I had to go to jassnewgenpack5d folder, to jasshelper folder, and replaced with this version.
Yep, the loadtime really set me back, and almost made me drop the entire auto save/load thing, then I realized I should try key arrow movement for first minute of game.

No luck :(

Status
Not open for further replies.