• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frozentron (new genre)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
This is a completey new map with a gameplay style unlike any I've in any other Warcraft map. It uses triggered movement to allow you to go faster then is possible with movement setup with the object editor and control only with the arrow keys (your car cannot "move"). You have a car, selected by which race you pick, that moves forward really fast, as it does it drops bombs behind it. Anyone who gets a near a bomb is killed. You have to kill everyone else while not being killed by them or accidentally killing yourself. There are five different powerups (with many more to be added) that you can use to help yourself win. There are also ramps you can go off to increase your speed. If you have played the game Armagetron, the gameplay here is very similiar with many new things added, like the powerups.
Current Powerups:
Shrink-makes you really small, which makes it easier to stay alive
Portal Powerup-Allows you to place four portals that teleport nearby players, portals stay all game and can teleport anyone
Eye-Allows you to see nearby invisible barrels
Blindfold-Makes your barrels invisible, to everyone
Speed Boost-Doubles your speed
The terrain is generated randomly each time you play. There are remakes, so you can play multiple rounds at once, it keeps tracks of stats on a leaderboard between rounds as well. Many new features still needs to be added, including an options screen allowing the host to setup many things about each round, more powerups, and more, however the beta is attached to this post. I need someone to make a preview image and a blank .blp file. The blank .blp will be used to replace icons on the minimap, because you aren't supposed to know where all the powerups and everyone else is.

There are some screenshots of an older version attached, new screenshots coming soon.

Attachments

• Frozentron v0.4 (beta).w3x
    53.8 KB · Views: 98
  • WC3ScrnShot_082907_135243_.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_082907_135243_.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 217
  • WC3ScrnShot_082907_135336_.tga
    3 MB · Views: 102
  • WC3ScrnShot_082907_135407_.tga
    3 MB · Views: 88
  • WC3ScrnShot_082907_135421_.tga
    3 MB · Views: 107
  • WC3ScrnShot_082907_135425_.tga
    3 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Level 4
Sounds like a cool map idea, I will try this out if I get the time and remembers.

Thanks

I always love an original and new genre type of mods and maps for Warcraft III! I think I've approved this in the Maps section as well.
~Craka_J

It actually hasn't been posted in the maps section yet, this is still still an early beta. Thanks though.

I just looked at the triggering; it leaks horribly.

That could use some fixing.

The maps supposed to be protected, I'm not sure if I posted that yet. I'm still going to look back at my triggers, there is a leak, because it causes this weird glitch I'm trying to fix. Once I fix it I'll post this map again. I'm also adding some new things to it, mostly new powerups.

Level 40
It is protected... as if that ever stopped me (or anyone else who knows how to read a smidgen of Jass) to open a map...

And there are a lot of leaks. Every time you use a point, (That includes Polar Offsets having a second point) you have to store it to a variable, use it, then remove it via

• Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_VarName)
Where VarName is your variable's name.

More Information

Level 4
1.It is protected... as if that ever stopped me (or anyone else who knows how to read a smidgen of Jass) to open a map...

2.And there are a lot of leaks. Every time you use a point, (That includes Polar Offsets having a second point) you have to store it to a variable, use it, then remove it via

• Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_VarName)
Where VarName is your variable's name.

More Information

3.I would like to see some screenshots if possible and some more informations.

1. It's still I good idea to protect maps those, it keeps stupid people who are just trying to change the author or add a cheat from opening it and it reducing map size and lag

2. Thanks, but does that just set the variable equal to nothing, or destroy it?

3. Okay, I've added screenshots and more info to my first post

Level 18
First off, I see no screenshots, second off I have a lot of maps, and having to test through Wc3 is a pain in the but, so I have not tested yet.
Answer to 2. It stops it from leaking, so as long as you reset the variable each time after using the fix Pooters posted, then you will be fine and leakless it would be nice if you read the link he posted

Level 34
Why does this sounds like Wormwars or something? ;) By the way, try to
make it like a Tron game, with real 'computer' terrain and such you know. Looks nicer I bet it does.

Attachments

• 533878921_ee94cc1c0c.jpg
    533878921_ee94cc1c0c.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 470
Level 4
First off, I see no screenshots, second off I have a lot of maps, and having to test through Wc3 is a pain in the but, so I have not tested yet.
Answer to 2. It stops it from leaking, so as long as you reset the variable each time after using the fix Pooters posted, then you will be fine and leakless it would be nice if you read the link he posted

You read the thread too fast, I was still posting the screenshots. I didn't notice the link until now. I've read the thread and know I understand.

1. Yes, I know it's a good idea Gravedigger, I was just saying that you shouldn't expect it to stop anyone -.-

2. It destroys the Point that the variable is a pointer to.

Thanks. Since I had spent a while trying to fix my memory leaks and know thanks to you know how to fix them, I will add you to my credits.

Why does this sounds like Wormwars or something? ;) By the way, try to
make it like a Tron game, with real 'computer' terrain and such you know. Looks nicer I bet it does.

I am trying to make it like tron, however I need models for the walls and textures for the terrain. If anyone can do any of these, please contact me first so I can tell you how to make it so they will work with my triggers. And if anyone can format that picture into a minimap image, and it's fine with you, I would like to use it.

Level 4
Actually, I did not read too fast at all, there were no screenshots when I posted, even after you posted that you were going to post them, and you must have been reading the thread too fast, if you missed PurplePoot's green link in the sea of brown, that is the Hive Forum Skin

What I meant is that you read it almost instantly after I posted, which is why the screenshots weren't there yet. I wasn't expecting anyone to be reading it that soon. And your right, I was reading it to fast, however I was talking about the timing of when you read it, not actually how fast you read. Sorry I didn't say that the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.