• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Ice Isles ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7w9Zw6l.png[/IMG]
"Oh no! Not another ORPG!" - CroMoX
xpyY56y.png

Ice Isles ORPG is a three player role-playing game, where you select from a group of adventurers, and explore the Ice Isles.

Ice Isles is a game that involves the use of ships to travel from island to island, and while you cannot encounter enemy vessels on your trips,
you will run into environmental obstacles which can cause serious harm. Due to this Ice Isles will heavily revolve around exploration to
progress, and will avoid trying to hold your hand too much. Ice Isles will still involve the
normal dungeons, quests, etc, but will approach it in a different perspective. The combat will be more fast pace with quicker mana
regeneration, and lower cooldowns than normal.

VUeBVXA.png

Several features that shall appear in Ice Isles are;
  • Adventurers: You will have the option of selecting between three different adventurers; Warlord, Hunter, and Summoner; which all
    cap at level 50.
  • Ability Set Customization: You will have the opportunity to select between 11 spells, allowing you to create a unique Adventurer
    even with the same class.
  • Ability Leveling: Abilities will level as you level, meaning you don't have to level them yourself. However abilities can only be obtained
    from your trainer at certain levels.
  • Quests: There will be a total of 5 quests, which will have a level gap of 10. This does not include Island Quests
  • Island Quests: Island Quests are what will make exploring in this game beneficial. When you reach a new island for the first time, a quest
    will become activate that could be anything...... anything!
  • Dungeons: Dungeons will be found by exploring around, and these be the general puzzle then boss fight, or a dungeon crawl.
  • Vendors: Vendors are a group of NPCs which will provide you with equipment for your adventurers.
  • Ships: There will be a variety of ships, which will have different stats.
  • Water Obstacles: There will be water obstacles that will have to be bypassed.
  • Crafting: You will be able to find materials that can be crafted into strong items
  • Secrets: Secrets will be hidden all over the map for you to find. But I guess that isn't a secret now.
rJ5LVum.png

Before the Purge, there was the beautiful land known as "Purion". Two Factions, Pure and Ion Faction, ruled the land equally after a
truce was made, as long as neither faction entered their territory. However, the Ion Faction had other plans. They went to the
Snowpierce Mountains, where the Gods Sanctuary was hidden. The Leader "Velq" asked the Gods for eternal power to smite the Pure Faction,
however they refused to give him his wish, as it would outweigh the balance. Velq was enraged, and sort to the Darken God known as Rosh.
Velq asked Rosh the same question. Rosh agreed to combine souls together, to create an unstoppable being. Velq stormed the Pure Faction,
demolishing their walls, and killing the leader. He could not control his power, and Velq began to discharge an ominous light, that expanded
across the sky, shattering the ground into pieces. Water rose through the cracks of the ground. Velq let out a final discharge bursting into
dark ice, scattering the fragmented land across the New Ocean, thus creating the Ice Isles.

Xtawc0U.png

201832-albums5850-picture88203.jpg

RoANfqN.jpg

201832-albums5850-picture88204.jpg

YaodLlN.png

Alpha will be coming out very soon this month. So stayed tuned for that

Last edited:
Level 10
Weekly Information
UGgm5do.png

Hey guys, since the release I have been busy working on the game; terraining,
and working on making some Island Quests. I created a few new islands, and
added in treasure chests. I also added in water obstacles of two types: Whirlpools,
and Waterspouts. I'm currently up to adding some neutrals onto some islands,
and creating the crafting system.

Here is a screenshot of a newly added NPC, Wandering Trader:
RoANfqN.jpg

nNK8wr1.png

What do you think would more suit the game (in the exploring fashion),
fog of war terrain being slightly visible, or just completely black unless explored?

Last edited:
Level 10
Weekly Information
UGgm5do.png

Hello Everyone, it's that time of week again, another weekly update. The previous week
I have been working hard at getting in the basis of core systems within the game, such
as crafting, and gambling. These systems have turned out excellently giving the user
something else to do in the game rather than quest. Besides that I populated the Islands
with Hostile Units, made some new quests, and added a bunch of new items.

BM1ZLox.png

For this week I will be working on completing the last Island I create before, making
the first dungeon. Then I will be adding in the Tier 2 abilities for classes, and adding some
more items.

Keep an eye out for the Alpha release. It will be coming soon, estimating two weeks.

Last edited:

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
The game sounds intresting but I advice you improve the terrain with some custom doodads and please try and remove those blizzard cliffs.

Level 10
Weekly Information
UGgm5do.png

Hello Everyone, sorry about the lack of communication to you guys on the forums.
I have been busy with work, and some new games have come out which has taken
up some of my time. Not only that but being sick doesn't help. However,
I'm here this week to tell you there has been progress, not a heap but some.
I have no finished the tier 2 abilities for the Summoner, and Hunter Class.
These turned out fairly good, giving some possible build play at lower levels.
The Terrain has been completely finished for the alpha (The terrain is still not completed
for full release).

BM1ZLox.png

Well in the next week, I will finish off the Tier 2 abilities for my Warlord class,
and I will then add in some mobs for the Dungeon I just finished, and the item drops for them.
Then it will be a matter of giving it a little test to make sure everything is in order,
then the alpha can be released.

Last edited:
Level 10
Nice thread. You know there's always an alternative to Blizzard Cliff you know (that is if you consider it). Anyway good luck with it :)

Yes I know there is an alernative to Blizzard Cliffs using the Raise/lower function. I have used it before in some of my own personal work (some of it's in my albums on hive), and while I do like the outcome of making cliffs with raise/lower I do not think it suits this game. There are several reasons why I'm using blizzard cliffs over raise/lower;

1. Blizzard cliffs are much more convenient to use compared to raise and lower for Island terrain, since I can restrict where people unload there ship. This is because I don't want people figuring out the best location to dock your ship, and just bypass the difficulty of doing the quest, by taking the easiest route. While this gain is open world, it is linear in a sense when it comes to the islands, since I want people to land where I want them to.

2. I understand some people find them ugly (I don't however), so I have made a compromise really. The terrain I have made in the pictures doesn't really show it, but ingame you hardly notice the cliffs due to the trees that I have on the islands. The only time you will see the cliffs are if you are in your boat, and that's about it really, maybe the occasional cliff here and there, but nothing bad.

3. Due to the convenience of Blizzard Cliffs I can get terrain done quicker, and still make it look respectable. This allows for more time on in-game mechanics, and being able to give the game to you guys quicker.

Anyway I hope that clears it up for everyone. Also since I know people don't like Blizzard Trees. I will not be sticking with them forever. I will be using custom tree models for different islands, to give them a different atmospheric feel, but that will be later on in the game. As for now I'm trying to not use to many external resources so I can keep file size lower.

Peace!

Last edited:
Level 28
The current terrain doesn't really justify how awesome the gameplay sounds. I hope you can improve on it later since the things you point out that you think is a + for blizzard cliffs can also be done with just a little bit more effort with lower/raise tool + pathing blockers.

and being able to give the game to you guys quicker.

At this age of this modding community people prefer quality on their maps even if it takes time for developers to release a playable sample.

Anyway, I'm subscribing since the gameplay sounds really cool. Good luck.

Level 10
Weekly Information
UGgm5do.png

Hey everyone, I'm back with some news. Sorry about not being on here that much,
but I have been still working on the game whenever I have had time. Over the
past week I worked on creating World Bosses, which will be the strongest type of
monster to encounter. These will be rewarded greatly. Also I finished off my
dungeon, with the boss abilities and units within it. Now all I have to do is create items,
and add a new system and I should be done.

BM1ZLox.png

So if everything goes well this long weekend I should be able to pump out the
alpha game version on Monday, after I give it a test by myself/with a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.