• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Icons] More info inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im working on a map called Drive Panda Drive.
Everythings working so now Im looking into making it look better, and fix some minor bugs.

I need 2 icons, possibly 3 to get a good looking icon for every skill.

The 2 skills that really need a custom icon is;

Parking Lot
Similar to "thaw" from Slide Ninja Slide. Basically, it creates a small area on the ice where your vehicle are able to stop.

I'm not sure what would look good for this skill, as I guess just a P or something like that would be pretty boring. Suggestions welcomed, even if you're not going to create the icon.

Hydraulics
Similar to "leap of faith" from Slide Ninja Slide, but instead of teleporting your unit forward, your car will bounce over obstacles, like when you use those pimped-out car hydraulics :).

I think a car-spring would work well as an icon. A silverish/gray spring with a black background, but you are welcomed to suggest something different.
Car-Spring example

This one I'd like to get a new icon for, but its not the end of the world if I dont get one.

Nitrous Oxide
Makes your car around 5 times faster than normal, leaving a track of flames behind it when it accelerates over the ice.

Im currently using the "Burning Oil" icon and I guess it works pretty well. Perhaps if someone could change that icon to look more like a car I'd be glad.
(A car with flames behind it because its going so fast...)

This is the model im using for the cars;
Panda Car.

Thanks in advance!

// Lisaa

Level 2
Allright, I'll post screens soon.

Description;
Drive Panda Drive is basically a re-made Slide Ninja Slide.

Your goal is to slide over the ice to the middle of the map, not touching any crabs on your way there.
If a friend die you can walk into the circle that will spawn where his corpse was to revive him.
(Just like in Run Kitty Run)

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5564/testbl6.jpg - outdated, serious changes since.
How do I make a thumbnail? Got a bit too big for image tags.

More content are to be added.
Credits are given to everyone who should be having it. (Ubethatway, etc etc)

Last edited:
Level 2
bump, cmon this cant be too hard... :)

*edit*
Finished everything now except a camera zoom system.

Really need those icons to be able to add a FINAL to the map... Pretty please?

Last edited:
Level 2
you use run kitty template?

mhm, and I do give credits.

I just added what id like to see in a Slide Ninja Slide, because no one else have done that :)

So no, I havent made 100% of the map, but i've added _lots_ of content.

Level 2
well i could do them but im in the competition and i must win it in order to make icons for others(pheonix competition ends july 5th)

I'll be waiting :) And good luck in the competition!

Edit;

Sorry for double-post, no need to tell me I've been bad, I know.

Level 2
bump.
Unless I'll get request for more features its 100% done now, just needs the icons before I'll make it public.

Comeon, someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.