• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zephyr Challenge #7 - Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

the%20hive%20workshop.png

zephyr.png
competition.png
number.png
7.png

icons_573_btn.jpg

Contest Theme: Nature

Description: Contestants must create a spell which fits the theme of nature. Meaning the nature element must be incorporated into your spell somehow and it must be fairly obvious. An example of a blizzard made nature spell would be "Force of Nature", where it turns surrounding trees into treant summons.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Usual Rules:
  • No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • If a submission does not follow the spell submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • An in game screenshot showing your submission in action.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges and/or hosts may not participate.
  • Your final submission must be bug free.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
    • Finding testers to help you with your submission is not considered teamwork.
  • Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited.
  • Either GUI or JASS may be used to create your spell; you will not be penalized if you use GUI over JASS.
  • Spells must be able to be casted by multiple units without bugging. (Otherwise known as "MUI")
  • Third party editors may be used in the creation of your spell, but you must clearly state which editor you used to create the map. If a third party editor is necessary to use your spell, add a link, along with your spell submission, to download the editor.

Examples of third party editors are:
    • World Editor Unlimited
    • JassNewGenPack (or Grimoire)
    • UMSWE
prizes.png

First Place: 40 reputation points and a special award icon
Second Place: 30 reputation points
Third Place: 10 reputation points

judges.png

Berb & Deaod

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

• Coding
    Is the code leakless, organized, MUI, multi-level supporting?30/100

The Big Idea
    Is the spell balanced, unique, and useful in game-play?30/100

Visuals
    Do the visual effects match the spell? Do the effects provide unnecessary clutter (too many), or are the not enough? Do the visual contribute in a positive manner?15/100

Presentation and Polish
    Is the spell bugless; does it work? Is the tooltip well-written, and is a fitting icon chosen? Does the spell fit into WC3?15/100

Legal
    Does the spell follow all contest rules?10/100
  • 70 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 30 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
entries.png

If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating the information about your entry.

contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

All submissions must be complete and submitted 4 weeks after the contest is started. The contest shall begin on June 21st, 2010 and conclude on July 21st, 11:59 PM, 2010 GMT

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
Lawl July the 21st is after my holidays o_O.
Anyways, is 21st of June today?
I'm in :)

Level 5
Nature, hm ? This includes the elements,correct? ? Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, Wood or Spirit ? I'm just curious because some elemental spells would be a great benefit to the resources which THW has to offer :)
I'm expecting a "Duh." answer but, hey, just making sure :) .

I hope the contestants come up with some awesome ideas, the better everyone is, the more fun it is, right ;) ? Oh and I also hope that there aren't like .. 5 entries :D

*GASP* I talk too much.. W/e..

Level 17
Nature, hm ? This includes the elements,correct? ? Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, Wood or Spirit ? I'm just curious because some elemental spells would be a great benefit to the resources which THW has to offer :)
I'm expecting a "Duh." answer but, hey, just making sure :) .

I hope the contestants come up with some awesome ideas, the better everyone is, the more fun it is, right ;) ? Oh and I also hope that there aren't like .. 5 entries :D

*GASP* I talk too much.. W/e..

I think this kind of nature is more related to grass, trees and alike. Fire, Water,Spirit etc. is actually another element. They have some similar properties, true, but I think it's obvious what is meant here :p

Level 18
I had two ideas, though I am not allowed to compete. Perhaps others can try to execute these ideas as their own:

Warhawk
Summons several hawks from the nearby forestry to aid the Druid in combat. Each hawk attacks nearby enemy units, and has a percent chance to blind the attacked enemy; causing it to miss all of its attacks.

Overgrowth
Causes tremendous overgrowth in the roots of a target tree, allowing the vines to grow rapidly through the earth towards a target enemy unit and entangle it.
  • If the enemy gets too far away from the overgrowth it will stop.
  • This ability would have two targets, first a tree and then an enemy ground unit.

If anybody is really stumped for ideas, and still wants to compete, I suppose you could harvest those ideas and see what you come up with.

Level 11
One question. Are elements considered "nature"? I mean, I want to create a spell based on wind. Would that be allowed? Or by "nature" you mean only grass, forests, druids etc. ?

Last edited:
Level 11
Another question (I keep forgetting things ^^). Is it gonna be a melee spell or an RPG spell? How many levelZ? I generally like spells with one level, does it have to have 3?

Level 13
Yep. I'm totally in. I were considering it since my last post, and I would use GUI and I got a great idea already.
Where can I list what downloads I use?

Level 14
How many levelZ? I generally like spells with one level, does it have to have 3?
Spells should be able to have an arbitrary number of levels. You can make your spell have only one level, but you should detail what a user would have to do, should he decide to add additional levels to the spell.

Where can I list what downloads I use?
Please list them in the post of your final entry to this contest. Please also put in links to where you can download them.

Level 11
Hmm, I still find it confusing. Very well then, I will proceed accordingly, thank you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.