• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #6 ~ The Poll

Which race did you enjoy the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Today I played Part207's Nomads.

Lets start off with the things I didnt like:
The worker is exactly the same as the basic warrior, maybe u should of have made the worker a little bit smaller or somethin?
The Kodo Pack was very usefull but because of that the whole race was kinda overpowered, love the idea though.
The town hall didnt have any upgrades!

Now what I really liked about this race was the whole concept now if I had to vote right now I would have to go with this race, love how you can bring your rescources to those kodos (u should remove gold return tho, lumber return would be good enough) and that they are the "farms" that provide food, excelent idea! The heroes were alright. Buildings were pretty original so like I said if I had to cast my vote right now I would say Part207's idea is the best, maybe is not as good as it could have been with a little bit of more work but still pretty awesome job.

Level 25
it's more so your whiny approach (no trolling/flaming intended if it comes off as such) that leads to such a negative reaction. I have seen some of your other posts and see it has that same style of you taking things far too seriously and talking of the 'real world'.

If there is one thing i learned so far in life, it's that the people who keep their mouth shut don't ever do anything good in life. It's my opinion and i will share it with everyone if i deem it so. Im sorry if it comes out as whine, guess people are used to others not ever challenging them in these days.

Fact is, in the 'real world', people don't care about non-profit competitions like this one, and the aim is to just have fun. As soon as you get all hung up about people voting for a submission that you, yourself, didn't like (which is how you come across as being), that is when you start making yourself look like an idiot (again, no offence intended) and it comes across as you having something personal against a particular submission.

I care about the fairness of the contest and how it is coming out to the other participants. As i said, i had fun in the project but it pains me to see a possibility of foul play on the contest since all the contestants contributed and made effort to come up with original and fun races.

I feel like if no one else would challenge the fairness of this poll/contest/future contest, eventually no one will care about it either.

The contests sure did change during the past years...

As soon as you get all hung up about people voting for a submission that you, yourself, didn't like (which is how you come across as being)

I just said that i liked other submissions more, yours had a nice idea but real poor execution and there is a lot more effort to be invested in it, which to me doesn't deserve a first place.

I am again sorry if my twisted view of a good quality race as you made it look makes me look like a whiner, but truth being, i don't think im alone in that thinking and the polls have never been so stacked before in any of the contest i participated/viewed.

This will be my last post on this subject, so i would prefer of you not to bring me up as the bad guy here further in your posts.

PS:
that is when you start making yourself look like an idiot (again, no offence intended)
Saying no offence after a clear offence doesn't work in my book.

Level 14
Wraithling and Pharaoph_ judges.
Wraith has already asked around bout my, and other races, so i guess he is done with at least a part of the job.
Pharaoph is quite busy about other contest, i think that's why he isn't answering this thread.
Lets hope, that judging is already finished, and only a moderator have to approve it to release the results! - Like with Hero Contest #5 (if i remember well)

It would be great to close this contest too, so hive can move on to another!

Well seeing how I'm gonna be completely during the next few weeks because of tests, I will not be judging this. And also Kobas has told me that he will not be judging this either.
I have found someone who may be able to judge this though, it's just gonna take a while. But you guys shouldn't worry, the results for this will someday be released. I guess you could kinda start the next techtree contest.

Level 30
I'm in as a judge, by Kael's request.
Expect the results before the poll ends.

It's a great sight to have a good response at any contest. You can start a thread with idea brainstorming for the next contest, so that you can gather a poll afterwards and run the next contest really fast.

Good luck everybody.

P.S. Am I the only judge? :eekani:

Level 25
Blaming the contestants for the contests possible failure is dumb.
Without contestants there can be no contests.

The theme was okay and i enjoyed some entries, i enjoyed making mine and am hoping at least my 2 favorite entries get some prize.

Wait for the judge's decision and move on, what is done is done, no point in arguing anymore.

Level 35
@Kingz: interesting twist on my words. what i stated was that if a contestant's entry isn't good, then why should the theme be blamed?

and it's hardly dumb to draw that conclusion if the problem is that people weren't able to produce something noteworthy despite there being other contestants who did produce something noteworthy.

it's like saying that if 9 unfit and overweight people joined a 100 meter sprint with a 10th fit african contestant, then it's dumb to conclude that the contestants weren't really that strong in the sprint other than the afore mentioned 10th contestant.

Level 30
Stop the argue, right now.

The theme is impressive, as it shows how much you can be flexible when you get the most strict rules of all - not a single import. Everybody can spam models, skins and icons. It takes great skill to work with only internal resources.

It IS possible to make something stunning - you guys just need more creativity.

Level 25
interesting twist on my words

I am just saying, without any people to compete, there is no contest.
I didn't blame the theme. Saying the theme or the contestants were the fault is wrong, if the theme was bad no one would have joined, if you had no contestants there would be no contest.

Now individuals handle themes on different aproach and that should be respected in any case.

Exclusions do apply, but im talking in general.

Also my statement was meant to stop further argument, not bring more up, it wasn't directed at anyone or anything, it is just an opinion.

Level 30
Results will be sent in 24 hours.

If I don't see at least three threads for complains, two requests to redraw the contest, one ban request and a hate-group with my name on it, I will start to think I'm not judging this good enough :razz:

Sorry for delay, the Icon contest is running and I'm going for a new project (HoMM V - Castle War).

Oh, I used my rating system, which basically gave you a phrase on your map based on amount of points you got, such as "Wrong Contest" (0-10%), "Blizzardlicious" (91-99%), ..., etc (end of thinking capacity).

Status
Not open for further replies.