• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zephyr Challenge #5 - Delayed Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Ok then i shall do the same.

my spell:

Ember

Description: Creates flames around the target point trapping enemies inside. When the flame circle is complete there is a huge explosion that sets enemies on fire.

*edit* i would particiate in this contest more happily anyway than on the spells and systems mini contest. If I cant join both then Count this as my entry and remove me from the spells and systems mini contest #15

Attachments

• kewlthis contest entry.w3x
    23.7 KB · Views: 131
Level 4
Every 2 seconds? It charges out every 2 seconds if you didn't notice.

I noticed that ofc. And that's exactly why I asked you that. I think primary means, "main" effect in this challenge. So, if it's repeated every 2 seconds, it can't be primary, can it? And I think it's not nice to put both spells to both challenge's. I don't know if there's a rule for this, but if it's ok I may put my time shift spell into a ward and it could go to triggering challenge too.

Level 23
yeah, if it is not "multiuserfriendly" that will drag the spell down alot. If you use gui however the spell would need some longer ways around to create the mui-spell good. But it is possible.

Level 6
and it's finally completed:

Touch of Nature

Fills this unit's spirit with the tranquillity of the nature. The next attack against this unit will cause the nature to touch the attacker dealing damage based on your strength and agility. If the attacker dies, his soul will be blowed up by the nature and will be burning for some seconds burning nearby units as well. If the attacker doesn't die, he will be infected by a vicious seed that will damage him over time. If the seed kill him, his soul will be taken by the nature and his body will be transformed into a tree. If the Touch of Nature fades without having attacker, the moon will send a healing beam for heal your wounds based on your intelligence.
Does not effect heroes. Can autocast =)

level 1:The next attacker will get hurt based on your strength(x1.5) and agility(x1) plus 30. If the dies, his soul will be blowed up and will burn nearby units for 10dmg/sec for 10 sec. If the attacker doesn't die, he will be infected by a vicious seed that will damage him 10dmg/sec for 5sec. If the seed kill him, his soul will be taken and the seed will grew up. If the Touch of Nature fades with no attacker, the moon will heal you based on your intelligence(x1) plus 50.
level 2:The next attacker will get hurt based on your strength(x2) and agility(x1.5) plus 55. If he dies, his soul will be blowed up and will burn nearby units for 15dmg/sec for 10 sec. If the attacker doesn't die, he will be infected by a vicious seed that will damage him 15dmg/sec for 5sec. If the seed kill him, his soul will be taken and the seed will grew up. If the Touch of Nature fades with no attacker, the moon will heal you based on your intelligence(x2) plus 80.
level 3:The next attacker will get hurt based on your strength(x2.5) and agility(x2) plus 80. If he dies, his soul will be blowed up and will burn nearby units for 20dmg/sec for 10 sec. If the attacker doesn't die, he will be infected by a vicious seed that will damage him 20dmg/sec for 5sec. If the seed kill him, his soul will be taken and the seed will grew up. If the Touch of Nature fades with ho attacker, the moon will heal you based on your intelligence(x3) plus 120.

I hope that i havent forget to remove any of the bugs or else i will commit suicide :gg:

*edited: v1.0
The map was a bit useless to test the spell, i edited it a bit, and i also changed the tooltip to be more shorter but it's still too long i think :bored:
*edited: v1.0a
Removed some minor bugs, removed all of the leaks(as far as i know) and changed the autocast tooltip.
*edited v1.1
Removed more minor bugs, changed the effect comes when someone attacks the caster and added a floating text that shows how much health did the spell damage or healed and reduced the seed effect duration.
LAST VERSION -i dont care how many bugs left, i wont open it again in WE :xxd:

Attachments

• TouchofNaturev1.1.w3x
    41.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Level 12
My entry is called Dance of Fire

it uses JassNewGenPack and Vexorians handle attachment system

Dance of Fire
Target a location to start drawing a path of flame wherever you move. The flames deal damage every second. After 10 seconds an explosion occurs dealing massive damage.

Unfortunately, this spell isn't much of a delayed effect. The only thing being the explosion at the end which is a reward for chasing your opponents for 10 seconds.

Attachments

• Dance Of Fire.w3x
    33.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Level 4
Last Version

Global Time Shift v1.2
Made by BATI (Yddohu)

icons_3274_btn.jpg

Hundreds of years before our time, a man known as "Shifter" learned how to cast this mysterious spell from the studies of Medivh. This spell [which is created by a mind that believes clocks have souls too] creates magical objects that has the ability to time travel those they hit. 5 seconds to install, then everything goes back.

• Level 1 - 30 magical objects that will split into 500 range.
  • Level 2 - 37 magical objects that will split into 600 range.
  • Level 3 - 44 magical objects that will split into 700 range.
  • Level 4 - 51 magical objects that will split into 800 range.

This is the last version. Leaks are cleaned. (All that I know.) Changed terrain, better to understand use of this spell. Some minor changes. Dead units can't time traveled now.

Download Link:
[confirm="Time to time travel!"]View attachment Global_Time_Shift_v1.2.w3x[/confirm]

Credits goes to:
-OgeRfaCes for his TimeUp icon: BTN.TimeUp - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
-Matilda_Knights for his Time Rune model: Time Rune - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
-And Kattana for his Local Handle Vars.

Used Utilities:
-Local Handle Vars

Used 3rd Party Editors Used:
-Jass Newgen Pack

Level 8
I saw the name Zephyr and thought wow, I have to do that :D
I AM NOT ZYPHER XXI(name?) IT IS A COINCIDENCE I KNOW SOMEONE WHO READS THIS WILL THINK I AM ZYPHER XXI(name?)

My spell will be GUI

Edit: Spell Done in under 2 hours, GO ME

Fade Away Aura

Description: Enemy units gain movement and attack speed bonus's. As time goes on the enemy units grow bigger and fade away. When 80% faded they start flashing. When 100% faded the units explode. If a unit loses the aura then it fades back and shrinks over time.

Level 1: 90% movement speed 45% attack speed 100 second wait
Level 1: 60% movement speed 30% attack speed 50 second wait
Level 1: 30% movement speed 15% attack speed 33 second wait

It looks very nice and smooth if I can say so myself.

Needs nothing except for world editor

Attachments

• Zypher's Spell Submisson.w3x
    20.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Level 7
Global Time Shift (I don’t think I gave you good enough feedback)
I'm still not sure if you can change anything to make it better...
-(loading screen says this isn’t the final version, but here you say it’s the last?)
-Tooltip doesn’t mention it doesn’t affect heroes (will that lose points?)
-Should add some effect while the unit is affected by the spell cause sometimes I lose track haha(like a timer counting down from 5 or something)

-I don’t know…seems like a good spell to me even if you don’t do thosethings (I have a tendency to make things worse...)

Fade Away Aura
Well there’s a leak and a couple things.
-Tooltip needs more
-Fading away doesn’t work when out of range(custom values can only be an integer, subtracting .5 does nothing, I checked. So change those numbers to integers, not 1.5 etc.)
-In the fade trigger, when it sets the point for the units, it removes ONE temp_point only AFTER it finishes the whole group. That needs to be fixed so that the leak is removed when the unit is finished with.
-you did “set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true” but then after the trigger you also did “DestroyGroup…” again. No point.

-I also think it goes too slow

Level 6
Fade Away might be useful in some way...but need some changes. For example, it needs too many time to kill someone and during this time the enemy army can easily kill the hero with the haste, the aura gives them. However, with improved 'killtime' it would be overpowered.

Level 8
Ill change it to what you said when I get back from my cousins (at my cousins right now)

I was also thinking of an idea where its a single spell that affects one unit, and when the unit explodes it spawns a unit that has some cool effect. < (copyright)

Edit: Meh im lazy thers my entry and im done, I'm gettin into flash and modeling with milkshape (ausome program) now.

Last edited:
Level 2
Here is mine :

Curse of Attraction
(CoA)

"Marks the targetted ennemy unit with a powerfull Curse of Attraction, linking his soul to caster's. After a certain amount of time, target is hooked to caster's position, and each unit in 400 of caster will be knocked back and damaged. Also gives the vision of the target.
Cooldown : 30 sec."

Level 1 = Hook after 20 sec, 100 knockback damage.
Level 2 = Hook after 17 sec, 200 knockback damage.
Level 3 = Hook after 14 sec, 300 knockback damage.

This spell features :

- GUI with some JASS (a loop, some variable made in JASS, rest in GUI)
- Unlimited number of levels (actually it can support up to 7 levels, because the waiting time before hooking cant be negative but you can change time variation between levels.)
- CustomText system made by me in JASS, just to easily create floating texts
- Simple hook and knockback (almost 4 lines of GUI !)
- No leaks (except with the knockback, im using "Move Picked unit to postion of picked unit ...")
- A troll !

Attachments

• CoA.w3x
    25.2 KB · Views: 102
Hmm .. I would like to join this contest, but there's just 3 days more. :xxd:
I will try to make a spell..hope I can make it in time. :grin:

EDIT : Here's my spell for the entry. :xxd:

Shield of Just
Made by Ribenamania
icons_688_btn.jpg

Creates a Shield of Just effect on the target character. This effect will block physical damage for 3-10 hits that last 15-30 seconds. Any Magic attack will do full damage to the affected target. When the shield was broken, an explosion will cause by it, silence and damage units in an AOE of 300.

• Level 1 - 3 blocks, last 15 seconds.
  • Level 2 - 5 blocks, last 20 seconds.
  • Level 3 - 7 blocks, last 25 seconds.
  • Level 4 - 10 blocks, last 30 seconds.

Cooldown: 30/25/20/15
Mana Cost: 64/60/56/52

Minor Effect
Block

Primary Effect
Explosion

Credits goes to:
-Icon: BTNSpell_Holy_HolyProtection - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
-Holy Bomb: WispExplode - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Used Utilities:
None

Used 3rd Party Editors:
None

Is it MUI:
Yes

Updated?:
Yes.
Reason: Fix Leaks, Change Terrain.

The Map:

Attachments

• Contest Entry - Shield of Just.w3x
    51.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Level 23
Okay everybody, here is my final (I think its the final;) submission of my spell.
Edit: Changed the spell alittle, feel free to try it out again

Frost Vortex

icons_4045_btn.jpg

Channels the targeted area with the effects of an icy vortex. All enemies in the area suffer -20% movement speed/second, and -15% attack speed/second. When the channel is interrupt or finished it will release a large nova damaging all enemies within the area. If a unit dies by this effect it will shatter leaving no corspe behind.
Channel lasts 5 seconds.

Level 1 - 20 damage boosted/second. Max 100 nova damage.
Level 2 - 40 damage boosted/second. Max 200 nova damage.
Level 3 - 60 damage boosted/second. Max 300 nova damage.
Level 4 - 80 damage boosted/second. Max 400 nova damage.

Changelog v1.01
*Fixed some issues with animations of the effects. Before, the missile was not accurate at the Z-height on bridges and other objects.
The same went for the final effect. It was sometimes launched in the air.
*Fixed the missile so that it is created a small distance in front of the caster, not "on" him.

Credit goes to
DonDustin for the IceNova model IceNova - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
JetFangInferno for the WispExplode (freezing ring) WispExplode - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
and the Blizzard Eruption model FireTrapUp - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
PlasticAngel for his FrostVortex icon BTNFrostVortex - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
Volvox for the terrain
Vexorian for CSData

Utilities used
CSData

3rd Party Tools used
JassNewGenPack
(patch 1.21b, hotfix2, jasshelper 0.9.D.3)

~Eccho~

Edit:
@Earth-Fury: I saw one thing... the date seem to be saying; contest will end on 09-06-2008 00.00AM... which means my spell would be disqualified for the late update, but then, the same would go for the Seal of Rightneousness. If there would be a problem the old submission is now attached to this post as well (note that it needs to be compiled again since it was a jngp backup copy).

Attachments

• Frost Vortex v1.01 - Zephyr Challenge #5.w3x
    97.7 KB · Views: 170
  • Frost Vortex - Zephyr Challenge #5.w3x
    95.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Level 6
damn... guys, i thought i got the chance to be in the first three but now i can see it's hopeless :)
your spells rocks, anyway: good job, and i feel happy cuz this is the first contest i joined in so far :)

Level 13
Lol, nice spells and I haven't even started on mine(OMG!). Anyway, those spells all look great so I guess my chances of winning are zero :p (unless I make a super duper eye candy spell that pawns). Good luck everyone!
PS: hawk900 almost have 1337 posts!

Well i have seen that eye candy aint the main thing. Ususally icons and descriptions give like same points as eye candy, which I think is wrong (anyone can write some huge explanation and choose good icons from massive resources, but not all can make good looking, unique spell)

I was looking through this site and found this genius competition, it inspired me so here is my attempt to compete:smile:. I used to create maps for my friends for LAN and sometimes I added triggered abilities, so I hope you like it. Before I forget it; I use a very fast computer so I might not see the lag where you do (no insult, just don’t know about your computers).

Seal of Rightneousness

Spell_Holy_InnerFire.png

After your pilgrimage to all the shrines of our worlds this spell will be given to you, Paladin, directly from the hands of our Gods. Do not hesitate, for the Gods will not grant you this option again, not in this life, not after you have seen the light. Your knowledge will be unmatched and you will learn that faith does not only heal…

Ability Text
The paladin seals the fate of an allied unit whit the Seal of Rightneousness. The seal will release after 10 seconds or when the unit whit the seal is attacked over 10 times, or in a combination of these two. When the seal is released it will deal impact and damage over time to nearby enemies, while it will heal allies over time. It also slows the movement speed of the enemy units and saves allied units that have there health drop under 100 hitpoints under the effect of the seals release healing them for 20% of their hitpoints, at the cost of the buff. Units are effected for 15 seconds after the release of the seal.
Level 1 - 20 impact damage, 20 damage over time, 10% slow and 40 heal over time.
Level 2 - 40 impact damage, 40 damage over time, 20% slow and 80 heal over time.
Level 3 - 60 impact damage, 60 damage over time, 30% slow and 120 heal over time.

Features
- Any number of units per player can use the spell whitout problems.
- The spell's buff can be stolen whit Spell Steal, and thus the effect.
- The spell can be dispelled whit any dispel spell.
- It looks nice when added to a Paladin.
- The code supports any amount of levels (I used the standard 3).

Used Utilities
None at all, except for the world builder, kept it blizzard like :fp: no big explosions or one-hit-kills only made it a little bit stronger than blizzard’s so you can clearly see its effect.

If im not aloud to join then remove it. couldnt find anything in the rules about that :smile:.

The Map

Attachments

• Seal of Rightneousness 1.0.w3x
    27.2 KB · Views: 121
Status
Not open for further replies.