• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zephyr Challenge #1 - Corpse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello and welcome to the first Zephyr Challenge. Your aim here will be to prove that you are an original & good spellmaker while having fun and admiring other people’s work at the same time. Not to mention that it’s a very good opportunity to receive some constructive feedback and improve your skills.

Theme:
Every Zephyr Challenge has a theme. Based on that theme you can create any spell you want as long as it follows the rules below. The theme of this challenge is Corpse. Your spell must have as target corpses (one or more, that’s up to you).
Example spells: Corpse Explosion, Cannibalize, Raise Dead.

Rules:
- The theme is followed by a brief explanation over the effect of the spell. Follow that explanation because the name of the challenge does not always explain what you have to do.
- You may use either GUI or JASS. 3rd party tools are allowed but if you use it, mention WHICH tool and from WHERE I and everyone could get it.
- You may use any systems you want (that includes Caster System, Armor Detection System and SetUnitMaxState System) but their content will not be taken into consideration when judging your code unless your are its author.
- You may not use custom textures or models for anything else but the effect of the spell. The effect must be entirely made by you (or Blizzard).
- The spell must be made specifically for the contest (you may use it anywhere else but you must have started it only after the challenge begins).
- WIPs are encouraged as they increase the activity of the challenge.
- Attach your map to a post into this thread once you have finished it. You may modify it as much as you want but edited maps after the deadline will be disqualified.
- Judges may not join the contest.

Prize:
The winner of every Zephyr challenge receives an award (small icon under your avatar) and 25 reputation points.

Judging:
50% of the score is determined by a public poll. The rest of the score is determined by one or more specialized judges.
Elements based on which the judging is made (by specialized judge, not by public):
- Spell idea. Your spell should be original, not yet another Omnislash.
- Interest. If your spell is attractive, either because of the gameplay, eye candy or fun.
- Coding. It is important that the code of your spell is clean. For example a JASS spell should be multiinstanceable as locals are accessible. Nothing is a must, but cleaner your code is, higher will your score be. You will not get a higher grade just because you are using JASS (or GUI).

Deadline:
20th January 2007 (0:00 AM, GMT).

Good luck & have fun.

~Daelin

Last edited:
Level 11
i'll probably join, but can i use werewulf's decayed murloc skin cuz its so cool.. please?
Oh for god's sake, this is a SPELL contest. The skin has nothing to do with the entry. Read the rules please.

ZephyrChallengeRules said:
- You may not use custom textures or models for anything else but the effect of the spell

Umm, rulerofiron, do I really need to tell everyone to read the rules? Just attach the map here, do not link us to some other site.

Except this, thanks for your interest guys. Keep the entries coming.

~Daelin

Last edited:
Level 4
Well Im in, Il try to make a spell right now.

And one question: The spell should affect the corpse. Well is this than acceptable. Lets say I base the spell out of raise dead and that it does something totaly different, not conected to the corpse at all. Would it be accepted than???? Probobly not but I am just asking

Level 11
Since you are basing it off raise dead, I suppose it will target a corpse. Whether the corpse explodes and does damage, or gives the caster mana, or I dunno... unleashes some poison slowing units around it, that's all up to you. Consider the corpses as a trigger of the spell (not GUI or JASS triggers, trigger in its actual meaning).

~Daelin

Level 15
Zephyr Challenge #1 Entry - Cursed Soul

Ok, this is my entry.

Cursed Soul Spell.

By Moyack.
Version 1.0.
January 2007.

Description

Takes the soul from a near corpse, forcing it to possess a random enemy land unit. If that unit is different to the cursed soul, it will deal damage to the unit, else it will take control of that unit temporally, draining its life.

If the soul can't get any enemy unit, it will follow the caster until it gets a nearby enemy.

Level 1 - Deals 15% of soul's maximum hitpoints or control the enemy for 20 Seconds.
Level 2 - Deals 25% of soul's maximum hitpoints or control the enemy for 30 Seconds.
Level 3 - Deals 35% of soul's maximum hitpoints or control the enemy for 40 Seconds.

EDIT: Readded the spell map.

Attachments

• (1)Cursed Soul.w3x
    53.8 KB · Views: 128
  • (1)Cursed Soul.w3x
    53.8 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Level 19
Here is my entry.

Exhuming The Infested

This spell makes the nearest corpse of a unit rot even faster so it will become an infested maggotpile. Since you were the one to create these maggots, they are now at your command!

Level 1 - Creates 2 worms and 1 agressive fly from the corpse to serve you.
Level 2 - Creates 3 worms and 2 agressive flies from the corpse to serve you.
Level 3 - Creates 4 worms and 3 agressive flies from the corpse to serve you.
Worms have 425 hit points and are dealing 20-25 damage.
Flies have 100 hit points and are dealing 5 damage with a deadly poison that deals 10 damage per second.
Summons lasts for 75 seconds.

etipgkm7.jpg

Download here

Level 2
Zephyr Challenge #1 My Entry

Here is my entry to the competition:

It's too simple but still kinda cool.

There are 2 spells

-Gather Corpse
Takes the soul away form the corpse and gives it to the Hero.
Max. souls to gather is 10.

-Release Souls
Releases all souls that hero has gathered and damages units around Hero for (Number of Souls) X 100 dmg.

Attachments

• Zephyr Challenge #1 Dusan Dimitric.w3x
    19.2 KB · Views: 268
Level 25
SUBMISSION

Name: Necrothermic Combustion

What it does:
This spell is used on an area of ground that includes corpses and if you want it to be useful, enemy units.
The power is based on the amount of corpses.
So when I use it on an area with 5 corpses, each enemy unit will take 50 initial damage, and be knocked back by the force.
The initial velocity is also based on the amount of corpses.
While the units are busy sliding, they also take damage, so the amount of corpses also causes more damage that way.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Necrothermic Combustion.w3x
    35.9 KB · Views: 230
Status
Not open for further replies.