• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zephyr Challenge #2 - Divine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
ihatecapslock, here are some comments on your spell:
-You are forgetting to destroy the unit groups you are creating from the look of things.
-Do Nothing is unnecessary
-You are using an extra Pick Every unit that you don't need. Instead of keeping the same group, create a new one for each unit within 450 range that matches the conditions specified and then do the regular actions you had planned.

Level 3
@ Wyrmlord
Thanks for taking a look at my spell, your advice is very helpful.
Except for one thing, when I did call DestroyGroup( group ) it bugged the spell and it would not run it again, so I removed that function.

Level 11
The DestroyGroup function destroys the group. You can't add units to a destroyed group. However, you can set that group to another group like (Units in range) or (units matching condition) and so on. If you want to do the adding way, you can set the variable to CreateGroup() (creates a new empty group).

Level 25
SUBMISSION
---
Divine Divinity
Increases a target friendly unit's hit point regeneration by 5 for 5 seconds.

If the target is already under the effects of Divinity Divinity, a healing wave healing 50 hit points will be summoned at the target and will jump once. For each casting of Divine Divinity on the caster, it will have an additional one jump.
---
How it works:
You cast it on a friendly unit, it can be full health. That has +5 regen for 5 seconds, and a 1 bounce healing wave is summoned on it. If, in that 5 second time period, another unit casts Divinity Divinity on that same unit, this healing wave will bounce twice, etc. So the more casting on one unit, the more healing waves you will get. Note that healing waves won't be cast on units with full health.
---
About the testing map:
I've incorporated a little mini-game into my demo map, see how long you can survive against the skeletal masses. I did about 65 seconds.
---
About the triggers:
Only one trigger is used for the spell. The spell uses 1 dummy unit and 1 dummy spell.

-----

Hope you like it and vote for it!

Attachments

• ddpic1.jpg
    ddpic1.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 137
  • HiveWorkshopZephyr2DivineDivinity.w3x
    32.8 KB · Views: 64
Level 16
Wait 5.00 seconds
Unit - Set the custom value of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Custom value of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - 1)

@rulero: That does not work. It wont remember it correctly after 5 sec. Your spell gets messed up in there.

Survived 86 secs btw :p

Level 39
Well, I've been itching for a spell contest since there hasn't been much spell activity at WC3C lately, so here's a brief sketch of my ability:

Equalize/Equality (Whichever one sounds better)
Puts all units in a target AoE into a state of balance, averaging all (or possibly a %) of their current health (and possibly mana) between all the units in the area. A unit may go over its regular max attributes to achieve this equilibrium, but its stats will return to its normal levels over time.

And yes, I'm planning on supporting multiple casts on the same units.

Level 32
Heero: An important question that I keep forgetting to ask regards the contest rules:

Are object editor edits permitted?

For example, If one were to create a spell that produced a Potion of Healing, could the item's object Editor data fields be modified? Or, must the spell rely entirely on the trigger or code?

Lol... Sup ruler.

Anyways, I think I should be finished with my spell soon, but it may take a while to get it working without bugs.

Anyways, here is what I am going to do:
Holy Absorb:

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Description:
| The hero channels an ability for X seconds. The ability keeps track of all damage dealt
| to the units within X range. When the channeling is done, the attack damage amount is
| converted into health and the hero absorbs X% of it. Then half of the percentage the hero
| recieved is transferred to the units within the X range as well.
| Level Stats:
| Level 1 - 8 seconds, 500 range, the hero gets 20% of the damage healed and the units get
| 10% of the damage healed within a 500 range.
| Level 2 - 12 seconds, 600 range, the hero gets 28% of the damage healed and the units get
| 14% of the damage healed within a 600 range.
| Level 3 - 16 seconds, 700 range, the hero gets 35% of the damage healed and the units get
| 18% of the damage healed within a 700 range.
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this accepted? lol :wink:

Good luck to all of the other contestants.

EDIT: Can we get help from someone? i.e.: Post a new thread...

Last edited:
Level 25
Wait 5.00 seconds
Unit - Set the custom value of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Custom value of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - 1)

@rulero: That does not work. It wont remember it correctly after 5 sec. Your spell gets messed up in there.

Survived 86 secs btw :p

Hmm, thanks for informing me.

While testing I got similar results, but the spell still seems to work fine... anyway, how could I fix this? Locals maybe?

Level 9
One week untill this contest closes! Damn! I havnt even started working on my spell! :sad:

Level 9
OMW paladins gonna get pawned :smile:, im tired of seeing paladins as pawnage tester heros so im glad to see one getting owned...
Anyway your further along than me, i havnt even created the empty testing map... Im going into withdrawal, i need my WE but my computer is broken...

Level 11
Redemption Aura
Brought to you by: wyrmlord

This spell follows the JESP standard and requires no additional models or units. Implementation instructions can be found in the map. Make sure to give credit if you use this spell in your map.

MagicalSentry.jpgRedemption Aura - Passive Aura

Redeems nearby corpses. Each redeemed corpse vanishes and splits its max life and mana to all living allies in range.

Level 1 - 15% of life and mana is split.
Level 2 - 30% of life and mana is split.
Level 3 - 45% of life and mana is split.

Screenshot
Redemption Aura.jpg

Attachments

• RedemptionAura.w3x
    53.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Level 9
Pretty simple idea, but it looks really good ingame ( well played ).
The irony is that this ability would work really well for undead, mass dead ghouls = huge healing for other units...
I havnt been able to look at the scripting but im sure its sound...

Purge you are such a rep whore.

Lol... So? :smile:

Anyways, I still have a lot to do. I only got a couple of constants down and some other actions:

I don't know if I can finish in time though.

*edit by Wolve*

The JASS code was REALLY stretching the page, I have attached it to this post.

Attachments

• Holy_Absorb.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest finishing the spell first and then adding the constants. Usually I first get something up and running and then go back and put extra detail into it. Also, you have another 7 days to finish the spell which should be more than enough.

Lol... Good point. I just did that while I was brainstorming on what to do, and yes, there is still 7 days. I just might have a lot of homework this week. :sad:

Level 8
Okay, so I think I'm mostly done. Anyway, here we go...

Heaven's Tears

The caster conjures 8 balls of healing magic that rain down upon nearby friendly units, restoring lost hit points and granting increased movement speed and attack rate. Each drop that hits a unit increases in potency, healing more health and giving greater bonuses to attack and movement speeds.

My description is kinda crappy, so just try it out and tell me what ya think. Comments, suggestions, etc. much appreciated...

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 114
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 131
  • Divine.w3x
    30.2 KB · Views: 86
Level 10
Okay, so I think I'm mostly done. Anyway, here we go...

Heaven's Tears

The caster conjures 8 balls of healing magic that rain down upon nearby friendly units, restoring lost hit points and granting increased movement speed and attack rate. Each drop that hits a unit increases in potency, healing more health and giving greater bonuses to attack and movement speeds.

My description is kinda crappy, so just try it out and tell me what ya think. Comments, suggestions, etc. much appreciated...

awsome, but the only flaw is that you were only suppose to have healing abilitys....if my logic is correct.

Level 8
awsome, but the only flaw is that you were only suppose to have healing abilitys....if my logic is correct.

Thanks for the input. If I'm not mistaken, though, the only stipulations were that there can be no damage done nor excessive showiness displayed. I am pretty sure that all other forms of positive augmentation are acceptable, though do correct me if I am wrong...

Level 10
What are divine spells?
Divine spells tend to focus on healing and protection. They tend to be less flashy, destructive or disruptive.

I tested your map again and there is more bonuses then healing itself. you might want to look at your GUI again. But it might be allowed, I've got no power over you unless Heero agrees with me.

Level 10
Good spells guys! Wish i could put more effort into my spell, but i am currently very busy with my campaign.

Lol your sig owns kixer.

Cool spell wyrm btw. Well i gt get back to work with my campaign, Gost out (lol WE 'feels like work when waiting for the damn item palette to open when makeing item combinations.)

Level 18
Wonderful spell, Dalaran, +rep! I have just one worry about it, though.

Your spell must target one or more units, including the caster himself if you want.

Your spell does not originally target a unit, but is rather channeled. Now, I am not sure if Heero meant it needs to target a unit originally, or during the spell units need to be targeted. Hopefully he can clear this up for us soon.

Level 8
still didn't answer my question, are non-targetable spells like Windwalk (no target) and Immolation (on/off) allowed?

Oh sorry Jacek, I didn't saw that one.
Well yes, same reason here.
Since Windwalk = self-casting, just like Immolation.

Targets the caster itself, so it should be acceptable. Thanks for the comments and the rep!

EDIT: Oh, and actually, I wish it were a channeled ability but it only has the appearance of one. The unit is really just paused until the completion of the spell, at which time he is unpaused...

Level 18
Targets the caster itself, so it should be acceptable. Thanks for the comments and the rep!

EDIT: Oh, and actually, I wish it were a channeled ability but it only has the appearance of one. The unit is really just paused until the completion of the spell, at which time he is unpaused...

I know but it still is channeled, because you made him pause and there is no target, so it is channeling. I see what you are saying though. Either way, hopefully it will be approved!

Level 8
I know but it still is channeled, because you made him pause and there is no target, so it is channeling. I see what you are saying though. Either way, hopefully it will be approved!

Ya, I guess only time will tell. Not too tough to modify anyway, so I'll probably just change it to be sure that there is no question as to whether it is acceptable...

Level 19
Dalaran_Guard its spell is accepted.
This spell provides prondtection which is the healing, a a faster movement speed which allows allied units to 'run' if they possibly could have low hit points.
The only main rule about spells would be not accepting any offensive spells, meanwhile this one is not.

The spell also affects other units, and yes, channeling spells are allowed.

Level 9
Ok its official, unless the deadline is prosponed im not gonna make the cut :sad:
Damn, i was really amped for this contest...

Level 19
There are more and more contestants joining, even at the ends of these day we're receiving new spells.
It also seems some other people are in need of more time, so I will increase the deadline until 25 May 2007 (0:00 AM, GMT).

+5 Days, enjoy your extra time and use it wisely!

~- Heero

Level 6
There are more and more contestants joining, even at the ends of these day we're receiving new spells.
It also seems some other people are in need of more time, so I will increase the deadline until 25 May 2007 (0:00 AM, GMT).

+5 Days, enjoy your extra time and use it wisely!

~- Heero

Gah whats the point in that? Just make a new contest ffs, i already submited my shitty spell and i want another contest to make new one lolz...

Level 16
Indeed a weird decision. Useally extra time is given when hardly no-one joins and the ones who are interested demand extra time. As this contest has already gotten many people who im sure are just dying to see the results, delaying the contest seems like a terrible idea, atleast to me. But hey, now kix can enter too, woohoo :p.

Level 18
Jesus Heero. As much as I like you, I completely disagree with this decision. The contest was fine to end on May 20th. That was the deadline and still should be. Increasing it just so that slow, lazy people can make a spell and enter it without having to crunch for time how those who already have created spells had to is unfair. Please rethink this decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.