• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Legacy] Modders Idea Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
So this is again a lore and a spells request... okey, will do it right now.

Kaizer, the cunning tank driver - INT
Abilities:

Flame mode - No Target
On/Off spell. While on tank throws a line of constant fire towards it's facing. The line is X meters long and deals Y damage per second too all unit's which are inside it, units that leave the line will still take damage for Y seconds. Drains Z mana per second and turns off when mana reaches X.
Range: 700
Cooldown: - seconds
Notes: Scales range and damage duration. A security spell for when enemies get to close, but still has a nice range.

ER-B rocket - Point Target
Tank launches a ER-B rocket towards target point. Rockets falls at a random point which has a minimal distance off X with the original target and a max distance of Y. The point where rocket will fall is changed Z times before it lands. Deals X damage to any unit right where it falls and Y to all units in a medium range.
Range: 1700
Cooldown: 40 seconds
Notes: Scales main damage and secondary damage. Randomness will avoid enemies trying to evade it, but may also cause the attack to fail who it was intended to hit.

ER-D rockets - Area Target
Tank launches X rockets towards target area. Each rocket may act itself as a weaker version of the last casted spell. X% from original effects.
Range: 2000
Cooldown: 110 seconds
Notes: Ultimates are included. Scales the amout of rockets launched and reduced CD

Ultimate:
SS-A rocket - Point Target
Level 6 ultimate. Throws a rocket at insane speed towards target point. On collision rocket deals X damage and fragments into Y smaller rockets which fall over new poins near original, dealing Y damage.
Range: 2900
Cooldown: 210 seconds
Notes: Scales main and secondary damage

Ultimate:
SS-S rocket - Area Target
Level 9 ultimate. Throws a desintegrate rocket to target area, which deals huge damage and makes non-hero unit's in the area slowly desintegrate.
Range: 4000
Cooldown: 360 seconds
Notes: Desintegrating unit's start becoming invisible slowly until they become totally invisible, which is when they die. Scales main damage and desintegrating speed.

icons_12556_btn.jpg

Kaiser, Cunning tank driver - INT

Hero arena

Lore:
As a master engineer, Kaiser joined the dominators war in order to bring his machine's and himself from the bottom to the top. Born at an unknown point, Kaiser was raised by one of the most famous engineers of all time, and when he left his home he was ready to use his machine's for peace. He made so for a year, to return only to the ruins of what was his town. Desesperated to find back the souls of the ones he lost, he took all the metal from the ruins he could find and made a tank. He put all his fate into this new, first weapon he ever made. Now, he drives it towards the only objetive he has left: run down all the ones that oppose him and find who ever destroyed his town and do the same to him.
[tr]

Last edited:
Level 19
It's okey, so we can get things rollin'

Danos, The Forbidden Titan - INT
Abilities:

Discharge - No Target
Discharges the magical energies around the caster, excluding only the forbidden and ultimate's magic. Discharge's mana costs is X per each buff removed, Y per each spell canceled and Z% extra for each already thrown spell.
Range: 400
Cooldown: 100 seconds
Notes: Holy mana moogles this spell is expensive! reduces percentage mana cost gain and secondary mana cost gain.

Forbidden magic - No Target
Casts a random performed forbidden magic spell. Will be apllied on random point offsetted by a random distance from caster. May cast lightning, dark, and white spells. Lightning deals medium damage and has X% chance to stun, dark deals heavy damage and has Y% chance to be area targeted but reduce damage, and white smashes target with damage equal to their max life - max mana or max mana - current life. Deals a maximum damage of Z% of the maximal life.
Range: ?
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Notes: Radomness is awesum. Scales all damages, all percentages, except the last which is reduced instead

Mark of power - No Target
Hero creates a mark of power under himself to release anciet magic over time. When hero steps again on the mark of power, he will gain a bonus X% damage for each spell for Y seconds. The percentage is greater them more time the mark is left on the ground. Infinite mark may be placed, but hero CANNOT regain the mana he uses to cast each mark until he uses those marks.
Range: -
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Notes: Taking extra spell damage from different marks DOES stack. Scales percentage of damage.

Ultimate:
Forbidden box - Point Target
Level 6 ultimate. Creates a box over target point and forces nearest enemy hero to open it, only if the range is X. Opening the box will release the Titans complete forces, but only to be used in the range of the box. Increases size, adds extreme defense and increases spell damage until the area around the box is left or until box disapears. Box lasts Y seconds.
Range: 1000
Cooldown: 300 seconds
Notes: Scales box duration

Ultimate:
Beam of the ancient - Point Target
Level 9 ultimate. Tossed a giant beam towards target point. The beam facing changes as the hero's facing does, but the original target keeps the same. Deals inmense damage and damage over time. Lasts X seconds.
Range: 3000
Notes: Holy beams, people will just start doing circles around the point to get the maximal damage. Scales duration

icons_11111_btn.jpg

Danos, Forbidden Titan - INT

Hero arena

Lore:
Eventually unsealing you was never the idea. The guy that opened my box said the moment I killed him. Seems like he wanted to use or absorb my powers. He was in charge of some kind of army with weird chain structures. Aparently who ever could kill the leader would become the leader, chained by a magic contract the first leader made, breaking this contract could be a disaster even for me, as I could not unseal all my powers I was forced to join this nonsense battle. As the Titan I used to be, I find it worthless to fight for something I already faught enought times. The world.
[tr]

BTW if I would now how resource images are supposed to work, there wouldn't be an icecream image there, rather the image of medivh.

Level 8
BTW if I would now how resource images are supposed to work, there wouldn't be an icecream image there, rather the image of medivh.

Hahahah! Lol you made my day.

Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Map Theme: same
Map Kind: same
Number of Spells: same
Number of Normal Spells same
Number of Ultimates: same
Restrictions: This guy has elemental spells. He can be anything. Its up to you.

Hero Model/Skin/Request Response: Blood Mage
Atrribute: Intelligence
Little Info on Hero (Hero Name): (a name), The Elementalist
Little Lore: He was acutally living in Draenor. (Lol who would even want to live in Draenor?)
Map Kind: same
Restrictions: Umm, nothing.

Also, you are my hero.

Level 19

I do not know that theme :V just kidding.

Xethan, The Elementalist - INT
Abilities:

Solid element - Point Target
Throws a solid version of any of the elements. Deals high damage but is a slow missile. Aplies different effects depending on the element used. water slows or freezes target for a second, earth stuns, wind knockbacks and fire burns.
Notes: Scales the duration of the effect.

Liquid element - Area Target
Tosses a liquid version of an element to target area. Different elements have different effects. Water knockbacks and debuffes, wind silences, fire deals damage of time and earth slows as long as the effect lasts and as long as the units are in the area.
Notes: Scales damages and buffs durations.

Gas elements - No Target
Releases elements in form of gas which apply random effect around caster. Water silences, fire deals damage, earth slows and wind knockbacks.
Notes: Scales area effect and damage

Ultimate:
Elementalize - No Target
Level 6 ultimate. The elementalist transforms itself into his basics elements, which take solid, liquid or gas form depending on the last type of spell there was casted. Solid makes caster slow but adds X armor, attacks burn over time, extra mana regen and Y% chance to knockback enemies. Liquid adds X% dodge chance, allows to walk through units, gives innate inmolation and slows units around caster. Gas gives extra speed, disables attack, makes you inmmune to everything but spells and adds extra range, lasts X seconds.
Notes: if solid was casted, makes caster solid, if liquid liquid and so on. Refers to the 3 previous spells. Scales buffs power.

Ultimate:
Fifth element - Point Target
Level 9 ultimate. Mixes all elements to bring the fifth element towards target point. The fifth element absorbs the life an mana of units in a X range around him, and after an amount absorved, it implodes dealing the absorved amounts as damage that bypasses any kind of defense.
Range: 2000
Cooldown: 270 seconds
Notes: Scales the maximal amount of damage that can be stacked.

icons_1_btn.jpg

Xethan, The Elementalist - INT

Hero arena

Lore:
Xethan was one of the few mages to escape the purge of doom. In order to do so he hid in the only place the doom legion would never look, draenor. But there was another reason to go there. Draenor itself, as a dying world, had a huge amount of pure elements for him to practice his arts. After years he finally returned, with the power to bind elements under his gasp, and the will to break the might of everything that should oppose him.
[tr]

Level 8
Wow he can really be everything. Good ideas man. Lol also Im not gonna write the ones you already know. Also deleted old posts because didnt wanted to douple post.

Primary Attribute: Strength
Map Theme: Value
Map Kind: Value
Number of Spells: Value
Number of Normal Spells Value
Number of Ultimates: Value
Restrictions: He does not have any holy spells so don't mess with it. He has more dark-relic-ish abilities.

Edit: He is not evil though.

Edit 2: He is a tank and a damage dealer.

Hero Model/Skin/Request Response: Uther
Atrribute: Strength
Little Info on Hero (Hero Name): (a name), The Wise
Little Lore: He is one of those wise guys and he knows A LOT of things about Azeroth. Also he found some dark relics on the way.
Map Theme: Value
Map Kind: Value
Restrictions: Lol nothing.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey, I'm planning on creating a campaign, but I'm only just starting to write things down. I decided I'll request the hero in advance, since it will help me shaping other areas of the maps.

Map Theme: Fantasy
Map Kind: Campaign
Number of Spells: 5
Number of Normal Spells 4
Number of Ultimates: 1
Restrictions: Male, wields a sword and shield, typical sort of commander of an army. I would like the amount of magic he uses to be limited, but one or two of his spells could be holy-related magic. Otherwise, the spells should be physical or unit buffs.

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Sorry, I need to request another hero. Hope it isn't too much.

Primary Attribute: Intellect
Map Theme: Fantasy
Map Kind: Campaign
Number of Spells: 4
Number of Normal Spells 3
Restrictions: This hero is a Wood Elven witch. Her spells should mainly have things to do with voodoo, dark magic, and summoning beasts of the wild.

Last edited:
Map Theme: Warcraft 3
Map Kind: Base Defense : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/under-burning-sky-remake-248229/
Number of Spells: 2
Number of Normal Spells 1
Restrictions: Hero is Undead Arthas in ROC era, in truth I need spell ideas, I have 2 already and need additional 2 (as staten in above fields) to finalize the hero. This means the spell is based on darkness and such.

Level 19
O science. Please, kanadaj, DJ, come back to life. Anyone!

Antorias, the wise - STR
Abilities:

Hammer bash - No Target
Hero bashes towards his facing, dealing damage to any unit on it equal to X% of casters max health. If there's no unit caster will be healed by Y.
Cooldown: 80 seconds
Notes: High mana cost. Scales damage and heal amount

Relic act - No Target
Blows up all relic bonuses hero has to deal damage in area around himself, equal to X+Y% of maximal health for each relic counter blown up. Deals X damage to himself if no unit is killed.
Range: #
Cooldown: 120 seconds
Notes: Scales main damage and CD reduction

Normal relic cast - No Target
Puts a relic counter on caster. Adds X defense and Y bonus health for each relic counter, up to Z counters.
Cooldown: 100 seconds
Notes: Scales maximal counters. Half counters lost upon death.

Ultimate:
Black relic cast - No Target
Level 6 ultimate. Puts a black relic counter on caster. Each counter gives X bonus damage and Y% bonus damage to spells that do damage. Maximal Z counters.
Cooldown: 200 seconds
Notes: Scales maximal counters. Counters lost upon death.

Ultimate:
Knowledge vacuum - No Target
Level 9 ultimate. Hero uses his knowledge to make a blow vacuum around himself. For each relic counter he has, he deals X area damage around him and knockback enemies. After spell is over counters remain for Y seconds.
Notes: Scales damage.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Antorias the wise - STR

Hero arena

Lore:
Antorias is among the wisest living creature's there exist. Carring the knowledge of most azeroth is a very important, sacred task, and thus, Antorias uses this knowledge to fight for azeroth. He first got his knowledge when he found in some ancient ruins two legendary artifacts. One was supposed to be the relic of light, and the other the relic of darkness. But he was suprissed to discover that the relic of light no longer shone, instead it was olny gray, meaning only that light was turning dark too. He took the relics and went to one of the battlefields there was to re balance the difference between light and darkness.
[tr]

Last edited:
Level 19
Number of Heroes: 3
Number of Heroes with Strength Primary Attribute: 1
Number of Heroes with Intelligence Primary Attribute: 1
Number of Heroes with Agility Primary Attribute: 1
Map Theme: Warcraft, Medieval, Fantasy
Map Kind: Strategy/Altered Melee Lords at Arms
Number of Spells Per Hero: 5
Number of Normal Spells Per Hero 3
Number of Ultimates Per Hero: 1
Restrictions: The heroes are Orc Warchief (Strength-type, Thrall), Wood Elf Ranger(Intelligence, Ranger) and Wood Elf Demon Hunter(Agility-type, Demon Hunter). There 4th spell is a normal unit type spell which will be like a unique hero spell. Like for example Paladin ( Pure Blood) and Wizard ( Chilled Out).

Last edited:
Level 19
So I am going to avoid the most difficult request right now (sorry, university stuff) and start with the easy ones.

Arthas, Death knight - STR
Abilities:

Shadow rain - No Target
Calls down the souls inside of frostmourne to deal damage over all near units. Each soul attaches to an enemy and after X seconds deals Y damage. When spell ends, Arthas will get an attack bonus for each killed enemy, which lasts Z seconds.
Cooldown: 90 seconds
Notes: Scales all durations and damage.

Ultimate:
Glorious cold of the undead - No Target
Arthas releases the frosty memories of frostmourne around himself, creating a frozen zone. All enemy unit's that where inside when the spell is casted get frozen, unable to move for X seconds, they take Y damage upon unfreezing. The ice area slows enemy unit's by Z% while they are inside. Melts after X seconds.
Range: 900
Cooldown: 270 seconds
Notes: Name a bit large huh? the range is the area effect, it's a lot so it should be a really short frozen time.

I will take the others another day.

Level 19
Number of Heroes: 3
Number of Heroes with Strength Primary Attribute: 1
Number of Heroes with Intelligence Primary Attribute: 1
Number of Heroes with Agility Primary Attribute: 1
Map Theme: Warcraft, Medieval, Fantasy
Map Kind: Strategy/Altered Melee Lords at Arms
Number of Spells Per Hero: 5
Number of Normal Spells Per Hero 3
Number of Ultimates Per Hero: 1
Restrictions: The heroes are Orc Warchief (Strength-type, Thrall), Wood Elf Ranger(Intelligence, Ranger) and Wood Elf Demon Hunter(Agility-type, Demon Hunter). There 4th spell is a normal unit type spell which will be like a unique hero spell. Like for example Paladin ( Pure Blood) and Wizard ( Chilled Out).

Can you give me a rough idea of how your map plays out? This is to allow for a better idea

Level 19
As far as I could understand, strategy is the key on that map. So hero don't have to be unbalanced, rather so made that using them in the right way, you win. by the way jackal, you should press the image in my signature to see the changes I made to the first post (kinda) and the hero files, where one more hero file was added while you where in the time chamber.

Conan, the general - STR
Abilities:

Slam - No Target
Hero hits towards his facing, dealing X damage in a small area and stunning enemy units inside that area for Y seconds.
Cooldown: 45 seconds
Notes: Scales damage and stun

Counterstrike - No Target
Hero readies a counterstrike. Next incoming attack or missile spell will be blocked and hero will get X% movement speed for Y seconds. If no attack is blocked in Y seconds, this spell gives back mana cost and enters half CD.
Notes: Scales time to counterstrike and movement speed duration.

Train - No Target
Hero trains allied units around him. After Y seconds training is finished and units get X% to do critical damage on hit or Y% to evade attacks. This lasts until units die. Hero isn't affected.
Range: 350
Cooldown: 180 seconds
Notes: While training unit's have reduced damage and movement speed. Scales both chances and gives a small chance to get both effects.

Holy water - Area Target
Creates a holy cup containing holy water over target area, and replaces this spell with drop water. While water is being dropped, unit's in target area get healed by X% of their max health per second and gain Y attack speed. Hero can cancel this by casting the spell again. The cup contains enought water to be used for Z seconds in total.
Notes: Large mana cost. Yes you can keep more than one cup, but when you make holy water drop all cups will drop at the same time, and if you stop them the same. The amount of water each cup contains is a number over it. Scales amount of water (duration) and speed gain.

Ultimate:
Enforce - No Target
Hero releases a wave of holy energy, which deals X damage to enemies until it reaches a distance of Y. Them it goes back and heals allies by X. Hero get's Z bonus to everything after this effect for a few seconds.
Range: 500
Notes: Bonus to everything means, literally that. Health, mana, int, str, agi, armor, damage, move speed, attack speed.

I think that's it about that request.

Level 19
Can you give me a rough idea of how your map plays out? This is to allow for a better idea

There is only one hero per player and each player holds a different faction. You could take a look at my signature. Like Paillan said, strategy is the key to my map. You must help your forces to either conquer most of the cities and towns or destroy all enemies.

Level 19
As far as I could understand, strategy is the key on that map. So hero don't have to be unbalanced, rather so made that using them in the right way, you win. by the way jackal, you should press the image in my signature to see the changes I made to the first post (kinda) and the hero files, where one more hero file was added while you where in the time chamber.

Conan, the general - STR
Abilities:

Slam - No Target
Hero hits towards his facing, dealing X damage in a small area and stunning enemy units inside that area for Y seconds.
Notes: Scales damage and stun

Counterstrike - No Target
Hero readies a counterstrike. Next incoming attack or missile spell will be blocked and hero will get X% movement speed for Y seconds. If no attack is blocked in Y seconds, this spell gives back mana cost and enters half CD.
Notes: Scales time to counterstrike and movement speed duration.

Train - No Target
Hero trains allied units around him. After Y seconds training is finished and units get X% to do critical damage on hit or Y% to evade attacks. This lasts until units die. Hero isn't affected.
Range: 350
Cooldown: 180 seconds
Notes: While training unit's have reduced damage and movement speed. Scales both chances and gives a small chance to get both effects.

Holy water - Area Target
Creates a holy cup containing holy water over target area, and replaces this spell with drop water. While water is being dropped, unit's in target area get healed by X% of their max health per second and gain Y attack speed. Hero can cancel this by casting the spell again. The cup contains enought water to be used for Z seconds in total.
Notes: Large mana cost. Yes you can keep more than one cup, but when you make holy water drop all cups will drop at the same time, and if you stop them the same. The amount of water each cup contains is a number over it. Scales amount of water (duration) and speed gain.

Ultimate:
Enforce - No Target
Hero releases a wave of holy energy, which deals X damage to enemies until it reaches a distance of Y. Them it goes back and heals allies by X. Hero get's Z bonus to everything after this effect for a few seconds.
Notes: Bonus to everything means, literally that. Health, mana, int, str, agi, armor, damage, move speed, attack speed.

I think that's it about that request.

Fixed up some of the main post. I'll place the other hero files later on today.

You're the fucking man, Paillan (insert hearts n shit).

There is only one hero per player and each player holds a different faction. You could take a look at my signature. Like Paillan said, strategy is the key to my map. You must help your forces to either conquer most of the cities and towns or destroy all enemies.

So is it like Warcraft 3 destroying the town where you destroy the town's main structure or do you hold a control point?

Also, can I have an overview of the race playstyles? Your page doesn't seem to give much info other than the lore.

Level 19
So is it like Warcraft 3 destroying the town where you destroy the town's main structure or do you hold a control point?

Its kind of similar to W3 but you must hold a control point to earn resources.

Also, can I have an overview of the race playstyles? Your page doesn't seem to give much info other than the lore.

Orcs of the South mainly focuses on their numbers since they have a stronger hit points and attack damage and overpowering enemies with stats-enhancing spells.

Alliance focuses on armor and hitpoints since they are weaker than the orcs but assisted by powerful AoE siege weapons and supporting arcane magic or the power of the holy light.

Wood Elves considered to be on par with the Alliance but is much agile with bigger attack and movement speed. Most of the units are ranged units.

Frozen Horde and Black Legion is still not developed but Frozen Horde will focus relying with all of its units to be effective and the Black Legion is a chaotic race which focuses on fire power and black magic.

Level 19
Here is apcrabnightlive's request:

latest

Orc Warchief - STR
Abilities:

Spoils of War - Bonus Passive
For every few units killed or structures destroyed, the Orc Warchief gains a set amount of gold.
Range: 0
Cooldown: 1 minute
Notes: Does not scale. Number of units required and number of structures required are different. If the ability activates, there is a minute wait time before it actives again (can change to fit game better).

Sack - Unit Target
Orders all units within a 500 unit radius to attack the selected structure for a short duration. Double bounty is gained if the structure is destroyed.
Range: 600
Cooldown: Above Average - Average
Notes: Can only target a building.

drum.gif

War Drums - No Target
The Orc Warchief brings out his drums of war, disabling him from attacking and casting spells but giving all nearby units within a 400 unit radius bonus attack damage and movement speed.
Cooldown: Medium - Low
Notes: Scales duration. Attack speed and movement speed bonuses depend on the hero's STR stat.

Pounce - Area Target
The wolf of the Orc Warchief lunges into the target area, dealing damage to all units within a 200 unit radius and mini-stunning them.
Cooldown: Average
Notes: Scales damage and range. Mini-stun is a 0.01 second stun, which results in a cancellation of all spells to be casted in the next 0.01 second and all spells currently being channeled.

Ultimate:
Horde Steel - No Target
The Orc Warchief gears his nearby allies with armor, giving a bonus armor to all nearby units within a 350 unit radius. There is a short channel before the ability takes effect. If the Orc Warchief is attacked when the channeling, he is stunned for 3 seconds.
Cooldown: Long
Notes: Scales armor increase and reduces channel time per level. Armor increase should be reasonable.

Strategy:
Order your frontline units to charge into the battlefield. Cast War Drums then cast Pounce to the units charging. If you see an important structure (e.g. Barracks, Altar, Town Hall, etc. then cast Sack first).

Make sure you do not make Sack's duration too long as it may be OP when paired with the Rammer. War Drum and Horde Steel works very well with Bersekers, as long as the Warchief is kept in check during the channel. Horde Steel should be good enough to allow for adequate protection for the Berserkers but not enough to make them unable to die with the bonus.

If you see an enemy hero casting a channeling spell, use Pounce to mini-stun them, cancelling channeled spells.

Spoils of War really forces the Orcs to go out and fight rather than stay back and hide.

An offensive support type hero.

Last edited:
Level 19
Here something that I would like to share. Thank your for helping me with ideas.

Apothecary Hildagar - Intelligence
Suggested Model(s): Vial Heart
Description:
Hildagar was always underestimated even before he was still 'living'
but now he spends more time with alchemy and necromancy making him more powerful than ever.

Battle Stats:
Damage: 34-44
Armor: 0
Strength: 17 + 1.20 per level
Agility: 16 + 1.00 per level
Intelligence: 24 + 4.00 per level

Speed:
Attack Speed: Low
Movement Speed: Average

Experimental - Instant
Summons a 800 hitpoint Experimental for X seconds.
  • Mutant Experimental
  • Walker Experimental
  • Abomination Experimental

Depraved Vials - Unit Target
Casts a random vial on the targeted unit.
  • Healing Vial - Heals X hitpoints for X seconds.
  • Energy Vial - Restores X manapoints for X seconds.
  • Chemical Vial - Gives X% attack speed for X seconds.
  • Tainted Vial - Reduces attack damage by X% for X seconds.
  • Corrupted Vial - Reduces X hitpoints and manapoints.

Vitiate - Passive
Enemies within 350 units from the Apothecary will prevent any hero from regenerating mana for X seconds.
Any enemy heroes that casts a spell will be damaged based from the mana lost.

Forsaken Plague - Area Target
Creats a Forsaken Plague that damages an area by X and slows their attack speed by X% and movement speed X% within X seconds.
All units are affected by this even Undead units. If a unit dies it will turn into a Forsaken minion by X seconds.

Technical difficulties:
- Hildagar has a low armor and health and must be protected by other heroes.
- Hildagar has low strength, agility and slow attack speed.

Advantages/Specialties:
- Hildagar has a powerful ultimate.
- Hildagar's Experimentals are a threat to enemy heroes.
- Depraved Vials can be an advantage and disadvantage.

Last edited:
Level 19
Here's the Wood Elf Ranger:

latest

Wood Elf Ranger - AGI
Abilities:

Buckshot - Innate Passive
Enemies below 10% HP take 5% more damage from the Night Elf Ranger.
Cooldown: None
Notes: Does not scale or stack.

Meld - No Target
The Wood Elf Ranger temporarily becomes invisible for a short duration. Breaking the invisibility by attacking causes it to automatically be a critical hit.
Range: 0#
Cooldown: Average-Below Average
Notes: Scales duration and reduces cooldown. Basically Wind Walk.

Smokescreen - Area Target
Covers an area in smoke, which increases the damage taken by all units inside from ranged and magical attacks for a few seconds. If the Wood Elf Ranger stays in the area while in Meld, the ability temporarily goes into a halt.
Cooldown: Above Average-Average
Notes: Scales ranged and magical attack damage amplification. Perhaps use a negative valued Elune's Grace for this. Affects all units (even allied ones).

Bull's-eye - No Target
The next attack of the Wood Elf Ranger will not miss and would deal significantly more damage than usual.
Notes: Auto crit. Does not stack with passive. Has a 1 second channeling, making her susceptible to mini-stuns.

Ultimate:
Thorns - Area Target
Summons a field of thorns in the target area which ensnares all enemy units, causing the affected units to not be able to move for a short period.
Cooldown: Very Long
Notes: Scales duration. Enemy units can attack, rotate, defend, cast spells, etc. but cannot move.

Obviously an attack damage/DPS hero. Meant to be used to take out hard-to-kill enemies from a distance with assistance of other ranged units. Has a very low mana amount and rather long cooldowns for her playstyle, requiring her abilities to be used with precaution.

A good tactic here is to do something similar to early game Blademaster harass in Warcraft 3. Cast Meld then head to the enemies base, but only using the Ranger. Cast Bull's-eye then attack enemy builders/Peons to cripple the enemies growth. This combo may also be used to take down enemy heroes. However, her squishy HP may prevent her from doing so.

Scouting can easily be done by using Meld and Smokescreen to prolong the duration. However, the Ranger gets reduced sight and attack range from Smokescreen, requiring the player to do a cost-benefit analysis. Smokescreens are also very much obvious to enemies, so its preferred to scout at an area where you can see them but they can't see you (such as cliffs).

The hero requires a certain degree of familiarity/mastery of the game to use effectively, and is good paired with supportive units as well as tanks to divert attention away from her (so basic holy trinity stuff). Requires heavy micro-ing.

Some stat pros/cons:
Pros: Good attack damage, average attack speed, great movement speed
Cons: Low HP, low mana, low mana regen, low base crit chance, high CD

Last edited:
Level 15
First request of Sintriaxx, won't do the second :p :D

Doral, Legion's Hammer - Strength
Abilities:

Sweeping Bash - Point Target
Stuns every enemy for X seconds in an arc towards the target point, while also knocking them back by X units and dealing X damage.
Range: 175
Notes: Heavy CC, needs mana and cooldown gating

High Commander - No Target
For each ally in range, Doral gains X bonus max life and X attack damage.
Cooldown: -
Notes: Need small steps in scale, can easily get out of control. Try 1/.../2.

Raise Morale - No Target
Doral shouts, increasing the morale of his troops, healing them by X and giving them X attack damage for 10 seconds.
Notes: Why is this the only leadership icon?!

Divine Grace - Unit Target
Gaining the favour of the god(s), Doral calls upon their holy powers to shield the target ally or himself. The next time the ally takes damage, the damage is negated and the life is restored instead in addition to another X life, and the blessing jumps to the closest ally. Each unit can only receive the protection once for each cast of the ability. Each time the spell jumps, it's duration is renewed. Lasts for 5 seconds after the last jump.
Notes: Use a hashtable to store the list of units the spell has already affected on each cast.

Ultimate:
Call of the Crusade - No Target
Raises all fallen allies within X range for 30 seconds, while also increasing the attack speed, movement speed by X and max life by X of all allied units within range. In addition, for each unit less the enemy has within the affected area (including the resurrected allies), each enemy unit is dealt 1% max life damage.

Level 19
First request of Sintriaxx, won't do the second :p :D

Doral, Legion's Hammer - Strength
Abilities:

Sweeping Bash - Point Target
Stuns every enemy for X seconds in an arc towards the target point, while also knocking them back by X units and dealing X damage.
Range: 175
Notes: Heavy CC, needs mana and cooldown gating

High Commander - No Target
For each ally in range, Doral gains X bonus max life and X attack damage.
Cooldown: -
Notes: Need small steps in scale, can easily get out of control. Try 1/.../2.

Raise Morale - No Target
Doral shouts, increasing the morale of his troops, healing them by X and giving them X attack damage for 10 seconds.
Notes: Why is this the only leadership icon?!

Divine Grace - Unit Target
Gaining the favour of the god(s), Doral calls upon their holy powers to shield the target ally or himself. The next time the ally takes damage, the damage is negated and the life is restored instead in addition to another X life, and the blessing jumps to the closest ally. Each unit can only receive the protection once for each cast of the ability. Each time the spell jumps, it's duration is renewed. Lasts for 5 seconds after the last jump.
Notes: Use a hashtable to store the list of units the spell has already affected on each cast.

Ultimate:
Call of the Crusade - No Target
Raises all fallen allies within X range for 30 seconds, while also increasing the attack speed, movement speed by X and max life by X of all allied units within range. In addition, for each unit less the enemy has within the affected area (including the resurrected allies), each enemy unit is dealt 1% max life damage.

Hey I already did that one!

Level 19
Here is apcrabnightlive's request:

Wood Elf Demon Hunter - AGI
Abilities:

Spectral Sight - Bonus Passive
The Wood Elf gains reduced sight range but gains True Sight.
Cooldown: 1 minute
Notes: Does not scale.

Leech - Unit Target
The Demon Hunter places a leeching seal into the target unit, sapping a small portion of their mana and health every few seconds.
Cooldown: Above Average
Notes: Reduces interval per level up as well as CD. The health/mana sapped does not change per level.

Purge - Unit Target
Sets a fire straight to the soul of the enemy. Deals true damage and ignores invulnerability.
Cooldown: Below Average
Notes: Scales damage and reduces cost. Has a rather low cooldown but a high mana cost. A very great offensive spell from the Demon Hunter.

Unbody - Unit Target
Removes the enemy's physical body, leaving only its soul. It deals initial damage to the target unit turns into a soul, unable to attack and invisible. After a short duration, the unit reverts back into its physical form.
Notes: Basically Polymorph with invisibility. May target allied units.

Ultimate:
Imbued - Unit Target
The Demon Hunter harnesses the soul of a fallen demon and makes it corrupt the target allied unit. The unit becomes neutrally hostile after a short duration.
Cooldown: Very Long
Notes: Scales delay before turning to neutral hostile.

Strategy:
An offensive support hero with good scouting abilities, whose primary function is to suit the needs of the team. Can be used both for support and battles. Requires micro-management, perhaps equal or even more than the Ranger. I tried to draw inspiration from Warcraft lore.

His innate passive is perhaps one of the greatest tools in his arsenal, preventing early game harass with invisibility-based units as long as he stays in the right areas.

Leech is a very great sustain spell, allowing the Demon Hunter to stay in the battle longer and support his allied units offensively and spam more Purge.

Purge is an amazing direct damage spell, allowing the Demon Hunter to deal damage to primary threats. Although the damage is not that many, it bypasses any sort of armor and invulnerability and is only hampered by its high mana cost.

Unbody can be used both ways - offensively and defensively. Offensively, it can be used to take down key threats in a battle and hamper them. Since the Demon Hunter has True Sight, it allows him to isolate threats for the short time its invisible and cast Purge and further pick them down. However, one should be careful as the Demon Hunter cannot soak hits made by enemy units defending the Unbodied unit.

Defensively, it can be used to help allied units sneak into enemy bases or allow them to escape fights they cannot survive.

The ultimate only targets Blood Elf units except for heroes. The only downfall is becoming neutrally hostile (because not everyone can handle a soul of a demon being inside them). So, when this ability is in place, be sure to control your imbueded unit and send them straight to the enemies base when they are imbuded OR cast Purge.

For the ultimate transformation part, just basically make the transformed unit a more beefed up version of the unit (basically the same unit with better stats, shorter cooldowns, lesser mana cost, or something like that) OR make them have Avatar and cast it.

A great strategy for this hero would be to harass with Unbody and use Purge and use Imbued in large fights or use Unbody to an allied unit to harass enemy units by surprise (cast this on a strong enemy unit, make them invisible, rush to enemy base, soak damage, then have the army do a surprise attack), with Leech serving as a form of sustain.

I can't find a good mode/icon for this. I was thinking for it to simply be a human recoloring of the NE Demon Hunter.

Some stat pros/cons:
Pros: OK mana regen, good INT stat growth for an AGI hero, good HP for an AGI hero (but still low in average)
Cons: High mana costs (esp. Purge), rather high CD, low sight range and attack range, melee

EDIT:
May revise to remove possible imbalances.

Also, anymore requests?

Level 19
I made some sort-of pseudo code to help you there. Most of them are just regular Blizzard Spells in WC3 with added features (polymorph w/ invisibility for unbody, Avatar for Imbued, life drain + mana drain for leech but done periodically, Chaos damage spell for purge).

For Imbued, it buffs up the allied/enemy unit first then after a while it becomes neutral hostile.

Level 19
Here's your request, GywGod133:

Tagus, the Water Elemental - INT
Abilities:

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Crash - Point Target
Tagus readies himself for half a second then suddenly charges into the target point, knocking all units aside and dealing a final damage upon entry to the target point. Has recoil damage.
Range: Above Average
Cooldown: Medium
Notes: Scales damage per level. A reliable gap closer.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Rainfall - No Target
Calls upon a rainfall around Tagus for a short while which increases Tagus's spellpower and movement speed by a set amount for a short duration.
Range: None
Notes: Scales stat increase.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Torrent - No Target
Tagus releases a huge amount of water around him, dealing damage to all units within a radius of Tagus.
Range: None
Notes: Scales damage.

icons_11594_btn.jpg

Ultimate:
Outrage - No Target
Tagus continuously sends out shockwaves of water around him for 3 seconds, dealing a damage per shockwave. After 3 seconds, Tagus is stunned for 1 second.
Cooldown: Long/COLOR]
Notes: Scales shockwave damage.

A straight up carry whose abilities have a high risk/reward situation. Almost always requires a support. Will add description, icons, and guide later.

Last edited:
Level 18
Map Theme: Anime
Map Kind: Hero Arena/Tower Defense
Restrictions: A hybrid: Human/Soul Reaper; abilities that may boost or break (Those flaws, man!) the hero depending on circumstances

Last edited:
Level 19
Map Theme: Anime
Map Kind: Hero Arena/Tower Defense
Restrictions: A hybrid: Human/Soul Reaper; abilities that may boost or break (Those flaws, man!) the hero depending on circumstances

Roles/specifics? Can you give me some mechanics of your map for a better idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.