• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Nature's Call - Return of the Dragon

This is the original version of Darky's map. No changes were made and it is not playable with the new version of Warcraft.

IMPORTANT
For those playing on 1.29+ game versions please download BizzaroFukuro's fix in his post here: click
Contents

Nature's Call - Return of the Dragon (Campaign)

Reviews
17:13, 26th Mar 2013 Vengeancekael: Fixed version - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2261221-post64.html

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
mhhh there are not some custom campaings what i can play on Reforged ? i would like to play something with Dreadlords...or something like this campaing wich i can't play it
You can only play campaigns that are map by map and not in a campaign file like:
2 Player Campaign - Reforged
Warcraft III Remastered: First level
Beyond the Dark Portal (1p/2p)
2P Archon Bonus Campaign Founding of Durotar
Scourge Campaign - Co-op Mode

For normal campaigns you could use older non-Reforged versions:
Warcraft 3 Legacy Installer (1.21b - 1.27a) Warcraft III legacy installer (marcraft)
[Need Help] Back to 1.29 1.29.2 archive (tommi gustafsson)
Patch 1.30.4 Backup Game Files 1.30.4 archive (tommi gustafsson)
Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files 1.31.1 archive (masterblaster)

Level 5
mhhh there are not some custom campaings what i can play on Reforged ? i would like to play something with Dreadlords...or something like this campaing wich i can't play it :(
Hey man have you tried "Wanderers of sorceria" (that campaign it's not on the hive), just google it on the web browser, it seems the uploader reforged the campaign, i don't know though my computer died so I cant play it rn, let me know if it runs on reforged I want to try it

Level 10
Hey man have you tried "Wanderers of sorceria" (that campaign it's not on the hive), just google it on the web browser, it seems the uploader reforged the campaign, i don't know though my computer died so I cant play it rn, let me know if it runs on reforged I want to try it
I think RC_X only added support for Reforged for whenever (if?) it actually supports custom campaigns, i think he still works with ...1.26? 1.28? One of the two.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
As Whitewolf8 implied, unless Razorclaw_X made a map by map (save-load codes) version for Reforged, there's no way to play it since Reforged and not even Classic 1.32+ support custom campaigns.

Level 5
As Whitewolf8 implied, unless Razorclaw_X made a map by map (save-load codes) version for Reforged, there's no way to play it since Reforged and not even Classic 1.32+ support custom campaigns.
Blizzard didn't added the option for custom campaigns yet?, damn, but i guess you can play custom campaigns from the world editor right?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Haha man thanks for the quick response :) , I was just about to ask, I just finished Nature's call - The spiderqueen, and which version of Nature's Call - Return of the dragon properly works? This version? or the 1.24 - 1.28 version? I'm playing with a patch switcher if that is of any use.
Don't know. I played it long ago and had to switch between two versions because of a bug in one chapter:
Nature's Call - Return of the Dragon

You can try the fixed 1.30 version: Nature's Call - Return of the Dragon

Level 3
i will try tonight and if works i let you know...i had to download every book becz i see is a long one :)
the game sees the maps but when i create the game it closes by itself...
i have the latest version wtf ... Screenshot

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
man it worked i tried it recently
but when i go to sub maps inside campaigns i cant return, when i return i get sent to main lobby
any solution? even if it requires editing map just tell me what to do fast pls
This issue can happen if the campaign file has a long name. Try renaming it to something like NCROTD instead of Nature's Call Return of the Dragon.

Level 5
Thank you my bro can you tell me good Custom campaings follow new warcraft lore or wow lore but its not be arthas story on warcraft 3 😂 ❤️😁
I think some campaigns like this one didn't follow the Warcraft/WOW lore, but others are just related to Warcraft/WOW.

Level 6
This issue can happen if the campaign file has a long name. Try renaming it to something like NCROTD instead of Nature's Call Return of the Dragon.
* Didn't test it, but as kinda alternative for those who want to check the catacombs, but still have a bug with exit from there can tell that is a part solution exist for it. I've played the campaign with patch 1.27b.

1. Save right before the entrance.
2. Enter the catacomb, complete the quest there. Make another savegame near exit. Exit from catacomb.
3. You will be drop out to the main menu. Now load the first save. You will not have the items, that was available in the specific catacomb, same as the books, but the additional quest will be count as completed one.

Warcraft III Screenshot 2022.01.28 - 12.37.00.41.png

4. To proceed to map #3, at the end on map #2 you need to bring both heroes to the cave entrance. You will need to buy an airship for second hero or, probably, use the ability for teleport.

* Two secret marks on map #2, it seems, are broken - only one leads somewhere, one leads to nothing and third is broken. In the northeast you can find a damage increase.

* There was also a feeling that 2 melodies play separately on the maps. In game one + lobby.

5. Same trick might be applied on map #3, it seems, but beware to use it two times / after save & load - it will work only once, after bug will exist if you try to enter.

6. On map #3 additional trouble get into - goblin can use the spell to get the items only few times. Randomly after specific time of pressing it ability will dissapear, same as all items from the inventory, including quest one. I guess it's some sort of custom sack bug. So the only way to proceed further is not to use it. Luckily, by then, the characters are strong enough +/-.

7. If enemy mage will attack king spiders on map #3 and make a ship from him, he might stuck and you can't use him further.

8. If you will save and load on submaps you can the hero doubled.

Last edited:
Level 6
Stuck on the teleport secition of the map #3. Found only one crystal. Any idea what to do here? I've checked all the available teleports and no idea how to turn on other ounces...

Warcraft III Screenshot 2022.01.28 - 23.57.33.30.png

Level 6
Another problem. After dragon pick and the end of the map #3 can't get on the next one - game crash to the main menu. Any way to fix it?

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Another problem. After dragon pick and the end of the map #3 can't get on the next one - game crash to the main menu. Any way to fix it?
Might be useful to read the thread for a solution.
Maybe this will help:

Level 28
Which version of Warcraft have you tried on?
You can try the older version (without Fix) if you are using the non-recent version of WC3 as @deepstrasz suggested in the post above, plus as described on this post about two years ago (if you are using the Fix version):
WARNING: Old bugs are still present, so save frequently and save in different slots!!!

Level 6
Which version of Warcraft have you tried on?
1.27b. As for the campain I'm using the version that was available under "Download" button, which is marked as "Updated Mar 26, 2013". Not sure is it fixed / not.

As for the "Natures Call - Return of the Dragon (Fixed 16.05.2019).w3n" file. It's enough to change the old one with the same name to load the savegame I've?

Warcraft III Screenshot 2022.01.30 - 15.07.37.15.png

Update: seems not. How to load the savegame with it?

Last edited:
Level 6
Module -> Campaign Editor. Now I see the list, but when I'm trying to load any chapter I've the black screen. Perhaps it's require patch 1.30 in addition to? Same as, I guess, I will lost all the progress with items previously collected, which will require to start from the beginning anyway.

Warcraft III Screenshot 2022.01.30 - 18.43.04.60.png

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Same as, I guess, I will lost all the progress with items previously collected, which will require to start from the beginning anyway.
You will not lose the items since the campaign uses the game cache in Saves unless you deleted it.
Module -> Campaign Editor. Now I see the list, but when I'm trying to load any chapter I've the black screen. Perhaps it's require patch 1.30 in addition to?
Save the campaign on your version after you edit.

Level 6
I've already done it, but, as said before, has black screen while trying to load specific mission. First or third, no matter. As I've got I need to pick specific patch as well?

Level 6
Yes. Nothing happens. After I pick a mission. No, but if click the left button of the mouse I hear button sound, like in the menu.

Level 6
I can load it now, but no items exist + wide screen support in 1.30.1 go off in the menu, it seems, in compare to 1.27b or 1.28f. As I remember Blizzard later released fix for it, but not sure in which patch exactly. By some reason game don't see any of the old saves. I've made an a test new one, but can't find it anyware, but see it in the game... which is weird.

Well. I guess I'll switch to something else for now in case of bit tired from all of this random glitches in this campaign / no mood to start over.

THX for help anyway.

Last edited:
Level 6
Nevermind for the moment. I'll probably start over in case of I've missed two sub levels + in that case will be possible to rename the campaign to shorter name. Same as, perhaps, need to try 1.30.4 instead. In 1.30.4 menu has black borders, but in game I've fullscreen resolution.

Last edited:
Level 6
Managed to get to mission #4 without major glitches / find few useful items, that have missed before.

So the overall algoritm is:

1. Download this build https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attach...rn-of-the-dragon-fixed-16-05-2019-w3n.323194/, not one from "Download" button.
2. Whatever version you have used previosly, which is, it seems, might be 1.26a or 1.27b for most of the campaigns here and there, here you need to use 1.30.4. Patch you can get here 1.75 GB file on MEGA
3. Better make a separate folder, like E:\Games\Old\Warcraft III 1.30.4, i.e. each one for specific patch you are planning to use for specific campaign. There is switcher exist, but only for old versions of the patches.
4. If you have lags then create a shortcut for Warcraft III.exe with the parameter -nativefullscr.
5. Savegames are stored in C:\Users\...\Saved Games\Warcraft III\Profile1 in this patch. Not in C:\Users\...\Documents\Warcraft III or E:\Games\Old\Warcraft III 1.30.4, while campaigns are in Documents.

Level 6
Still, some solutions in this campaign remain rather frustrating. For example basically whole map #6 looks just an gap in overall sequence.

Warcraft III Screenshot 2022.02.27 - 23.56.55.59.png

One of the crystals, that you need to destroy, located near the border. If you go a centimeter wrong, then it constantly flips the hero to the other side of the map.

Destroying enemies in a search of randomly hidden items proceeds very slowly in case of HP down / slow restore of it and such, but if you are looking to grab for example +150 mana points, well, then you need to keep looking.

Level 12
Well, i just finished playing this campaign, and to my surprise i can say that this custom campaign is one of the worst ones i've played in my life :sad:, from the totally useless and boring heroes to annoying and dumb map design, quests and puzzles, this custom campaign is a huge let down from the first one!

The only good thing i can say abut this one, is that it has voice acting like the first one, and that's about it, the gameplay is super boring and dragged out, spells don't make sense, most of them are totally useless, same can be said about items, i am not sure why but in the whole campaign you barely get items, and when you find some, guess what, is most likely a useless one, like rings of protection . . . lots of rings of protection... for some reason :mwahaha: is like the map maker wants to make you angry on purpose, there are some unique items that you can find in the later missions, but those ones are also bad, having weak effects that don't really help much.

Most of the units once again are kinda bad, the only good units are the dragons, why would anyone bother making anything else other than dragons...the nerubian units are a joke.

The A.I is also brain dead, in all missions where you fight against the undead A.I they are not doing much, very rarely they send some units to attack your base and that's it.

It is such a pity really, i actually really wanted to find out what happenes with the story from the first campaign, but this second one. . . this failed continuation doesn't even do that, by the end of the campaign you just mass dragons and go and defeat all the undead and Ner'zul without any problems, is such a joke of a gameplay design, at the end the story also takes a strange turn, Ner'zul "somehow" manages to escape after i killed him already, and Metamorphus starts talking about revenge and going after him, but why? It seems the map maker forgot what the main quest of this campaign and story was... the whole point was to get back to Northrend to save the Spider Queen which was held by Ner'zul right? but nope, Map maker somehow forgot about her, no idea how, :ugly: since the whole story of this campaign is based on this one goal... it is such a mess! :thumbs_down:

Overall i had a really bad experience with this one, i wouldn't recommand this to anyone, just play the first campaign and thats it, don't bother with this one, it doesn't even continues the story, just adds more garbage without doing anything good with it, Heroes are weak as fuck, from start to finish, they never get any better, they start weak and remain weak, making the whole gamplay drugged out, super slow and boring!

My rating for this custom campaign is a D Tier with 35 points out of 100