1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

2 Player Campaign - Reforged

Submitted by TheSpoon
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
2 Player Campaign - Reforged

What is the campaign?
Its a hosted hive project in which you are able to play through Blizzard's campaign which a friend.
- On missions where these is only 1 hero, an extra hero is added with new abilities.
- On missions where you have a base, you now have 2!
- The difficulty is set to hard by default, and each player's gold income is halved.
- For those looking for an extra challenge, the insane difficulty is added which adds new bosses, encounters, spells, AI
Reforged: Whats Different?
- The insane difficulty will be looked at in detail to make improvements to balance. I would like to make a genuinely challenging difficulty with exciting boss fights and encounters. Perhaps something closer to what we were hoping when we heard about a "new campaign".
- The missions; the culling, fall of silvermoon and the siege of dalaran maps which have been largely revamped by blizzard and will be redone.
- The save/load codes are saved to file, like a lot of maps do these days, making it easier to transfer data between maps.
- Some of the spells for the side heroes will be re-evaluated to see if they can be made more interesting.
- You can stack potions/scrolls into a single inventory slot.
- Tomes of Str/Agi/Int will be tracked between levels and awards to both players.
- There are some more subtle changes such as renaming of factions and units.
- The blizzard campaign adds some improvements to sounds and unit animations during cinematics, but I largely won't be focusing on these.

How much is made so far?
See the attached files to see how far we are

How can I get involved with the project?
If you have enjoyed my work, please consider contributing to my patreon to help me see it to completion and to receive additional benefits.

For up to date changes and discussions check the forums and discord.

##============================================##

Note to mods: this is being uploaded separately to the old campaign, because I don't think this map will work for non-reforged players. And I wouldn't want to take away anything from them.
Contents

2P Reforged: Human 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 03 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 04 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 05 (Map)

1. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Based on the name you gave the resource, I am guessing you were planning on releasing each map separately. Perhaps, this time you could add them all in this one resource as a bundle, and just add the campaign tag to them?

Warcraft III - Archon Mode

The Archion-mode campaign is a good example of this.

Anyway, super excited to see the 2p campaigns get Reforged. Good luck Spoon.

Edit: Ok, I just saw some comments from you that for the reforged maps that don't differ much from the originals, you are just updating the systems of the old map, instead of using the reforged map as a basis. I wanted to ask just what exactly are your standards for maps not differing much. Since most of the maps were only changed in small ways (a few camera angles here and there), would that not mean that you are basically just taking your old maps and re-uploading them? (I could be completely ignorant on this issue, just want to check).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020 at 10:28 AM
  2. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    excellent idea, that shall be done!
    And it should be a million times easier to maintain.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So, you're taking the Reforged campaign maps and making them co-op or just updating your previous Classic campaign edit to Reforged?

4. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    bit of both! ideally reforge them all but i'll prioritise maps i haven't done and ones that are significantly different

5. Shellshock

Shellshock

Resources:
    Resources:
    What do you mean by added bosses?

6. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I hope to make a video demoing the new fights, but things like Kel'Thuzad and the Blademaster should cast some exciting spells when you fight them

7. Gogiman42

Gogiman42

Resources:
    Resources: