1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

2 Player Campaign - Reforged

Submitted by TheSpoon
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
What is the campaign?
Its a hosted hive project in which you are able to play through Blizzard's campaign which a friend.
- On missions where these is only 1 hero, an extra hero is added with new abilities.
- On missions where you have a base, you now have 2!
- The difficulty is set to hard by default, and each player's gold income is halved.
- For those looking for an extra challenge, the insane difficulty is added which adds new bosses, encounters, spells, AI
Reforged: Whats Different?
- The insane difficulty will be looked at in detail to make improvements to balance. I would like to make a genuinely challenging difficulty with exciting boss fights and encounters. Perhaps something closer to what we were hoping when we heard about a "new campaign".
- The missions; the culling, fall of silvermoon and the siege of dalaran maps which have been largely revamped by blizzard and will be redone.
- The save/load codes are saved to file, like a lot of maps do these days, making it easier to transfer data between maps.
- Some of the spells for the side heroes will be re-evaluated to see if they can be made more interesting.
- You can stack potions/scrolls into a single inventory slot.
- Tomes of Str/Agi/Int will be tracked between levels and awards to both players.
- There are some more subtle changes such as renaming of factions and units.
- The blizzard campaign adds some improvements to sounds and unit animations during cinematics, but I largely won't be focusing on these.

How much is made so far?
See the attached files to see how far we are

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
Contents

2P Reforged: Human 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 03 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 04 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 05 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 06 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 07 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 08 (Map)

2P Reforged: Human 09 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 01 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 02 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 03 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 04 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 05 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 06 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 07 (Map)

2P Reforged: Undead 08 (Map)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
Maps appear to be functional & don't break any rules. Approved. Amazing to see that you're still doing this, @TheSpoon. Keep up the good work!
  1. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Based on the name you gave the resource, I am guessing you were planning on releasing each map separately. Perhaps, this time you could add them all in this one resource as a bundle, and just add the campaign tag to them?

Warcraft III - Archon Mode

The Archion-mode campaign is a good example of this.

Anyway, super excited to see the 2p campaigns get Reforged. Good luck Spoon.

Edit: Ok, I just saw some comments from you that for the reforged maps that don't differ much from the originals, you are just updating the systems of the old map, instead of using the reforged map as a basis. I wanted to ask just what exactly are your standards for maps not differing much. Since most of the maps were only changed in small ways (a few camera angles here and there), would that not mean that you are basically just taking your old maps and re-uploading them? (I could be completely ignorant on this issue, just want to check).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  2. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    excellent idea, that shall be done!
    And it should be a million times easier to maintain.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So, you're taking the Reforged campaign maps and making them co-op or just updating your previous Classic campaign edit to Reforged?

4. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    bit of both! ideally reforge them all but i'll prioritise maps i haven't done and ones that are significantly different

5. Shellshock

Shellshock

Resources:
    Resources:
    What do you mean by added bosses?

6. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I hope to make a video demoing the new fights, but things like Kel'Thuzad and the Blademaster should cast some exciting spells when you fight them

7. Gogiman42

Gogiman42

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good job!

8. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Does anyone know what they did to change minimaps in general? Not just referring to these maps, it seems the colour scheme of all minimaps have changed.

Minimap

upload_2020-3-3_23-28-44.png

upload_2020-3-3_23-29-4.png

9. Yousef

Yousef

Resources:
    Resources:
    Because terrain tiles look different in reforged

10. Null

Null

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I can't play it. Where should it appear?

11. Lurker245

Lurker245

Resources:
    Resources:
    These are regular maps, so put them in your my documents/warcraft III/maps/download folder.

Actual custom campaigns as they used to be aren't a thing anymore, unfortunately. Thanks Blizz.

12. urachi

urachi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, now they want all the players to be online showing activity while playing the 2P campaigns. The thing is, i wonder how many crashes and bugs will the servers of Blizzard bring to the surfaces once the first playable maps are released.

Best would be to be able to switch to classic and reforged in those 2p Campaigns. I had a map created that worked for both version, you just don't see a few models of course xD But i think there is a way to make that stable.

Anyways, good luck Lord Master of 2P Enjoyment, Spoon!

13. TheZodiarch

TheZodiarch

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have a question about the whole 2 player campaign genre. I know other people have made coop campaigns beside TheSpoon, but I am curious if other creators of these type of coop campaigns are allowed to, f. ex. name their bundle "2P - Something Something" or "2 Player Campaign - Something Something"? Know it may be a bit of a dumb question, but had to know.

14. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    well I don't own any rights, so name things as you please haha

15. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Amazing, I'll try this out as soon as I have time together with some friends. So happy to see you back. Even your PFP looks Reforged and that's just blowing my mind right now.

16. Map Designer

Map Designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    im sure lots of streamers and youtubers would want to demo your campaign.
    maybe try Jayborino or WTii, or any others.
    Jayborino plays nearly all HW campaigns, but im not sure if has partner to play with.

Edit: i remember once I edited you 2P campaign to make it single player (play arthas vs captain scenario).

Do you plan on also making 1p mode, or you will keep it still a 2P only campaign? :)

17. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maps appear to be functional & don't break any rules.
    Approved.

Amazing to see that you're still doing this, @TheSpoon. Keep up the good work!

18. KingLichTR

KingLichTR

Resources:
    Resources:
    death to the reforged

19. Map Designer

Map Designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'd wish it works with 1.26, or max with 1.30 tbh.
    the best I can do now is wait for some youtuber to post the walkthrough :p
    Edit: or for the spoon to make for 1.26 xD