1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Music Contest #10 - Results are finally published! Drop by to check some retro songs and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join Terraining Contest #19 and witness the aftermath!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 3rd Melee Mapping Contest is ON! Join in on a ride of a 4v4 melee experience!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice

Ziggurat

Submitted by Rolo
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Little project I was working on. I hope you enjoy it.
Edit it if you want, as long as you credit me when you upload it.
Have fun with it!

4-12-2018:
Proper death and decay animation implemented.

9-12-2018:
Runes billboarded, UV wrapping improved on the base and some other places. The obelisks and brazier now have a more uniform texture in regard to the model as a whole. I also did some other minor changes.
Contents

Ziggurat (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Geoset animations are faulty. All parts of the model should disappear at the end of the death or decay animation. You should add a decay animation. The runes on the crystal should be billboarded. Please fix those things.
  1. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    that's a nice building :3

2. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Dang... I love the construction/architecture of this. Very nifty.

The wrapping, however, leaves somewhat to be desired; not quite sure what it is, but are those campaign/doodad textures? They've always struck me as more bland than normal structure textures (makes sense, since they're supposed to be part of/melting into the background), and don't mesh well on a regular structure.

That is, of course, unless you were making a doodad/destructible-type model. I always see things through the lens of "custom race buildings". xD

Good on ya!

3. Homor

Homor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is like some ancient biblical-era architecture. A very interesting departure from the universal medieval theme and feel of Warcraft. I love it!

4. trebla ratilla

trebla ratilla

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    interesting model :thumbs_up: Good job

5. Battleborn

Battleborn

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I like this idea you have.

6. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The texture is way too stretchy on the sides and front.

7. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Geoset animations are faulty. All parts of the model should disappear at the end of the death or decay animation.
    You should add a decay animation.
    The runes on the crystal should be billboarded.

Please fix those things.

8. loboproto

loboproto

Resources:
    Resources:
    hehe, I guess I can edit the UV so that it is otherwise, and so use it.

9. SonsOfSami

SonsOfSami

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice work, though the texture is stretched in the sides, and a few parts could have their wrapping improved
    also the texture of the obelisk and the thing that holds the crystal don't fit the texture of the main ziggurat, i suggest you texture the obelisk the same way you textured the standalone obelisk you uploaded a few hours ago
    if you can fix these problems, it would be a really amazing building

10. Rolo

Rolo

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's too bad about the texture since it wont get sharper than this. Maybe by adding more vertices, but that would require a bit of a overhaul and quite some time. I also thought about changing the texture of the obelisks to the one I uploaded, but it might make the model look a bit more bland since there would be less variation in colours and stuff. But I might change it in the future someday to make it more uniform with my other models.

11. JB_McKnight

JB_McKnight

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hey there, @Rolo. Although not yet perfect, that's an interesting design you got there.

Here's some suggestions I have that might be useful:
    > UV Wrapping: The texture looks weird on the base since the shape of the faces are trapezoid but it seems you mapped it to a square shape. The only other way i see this getting fixed is you alter the mesh a bit or alter the uv map.
    > Billboard: In Magos' Model Editor, open up the Node Manager Window and then right click on the Bone that you attached the rune geosets to (Ideally there should be one bone for each rune), then toggle the Billboarded option (there are other options like Billboarded Lock X, Lock Y, etc.).

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 2:16 PM
  12. Rolo

Rolo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your suggestions. The runes are now billboarded and the uv wrapping on the base is fixed (which was an oversight on my part).

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018 at 7:15 PM