• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ancient Ziggurat

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ancient Ziggurat, a structure that was used by an ancient race of Undead.

Credits: A Void, Blood Raven, Blizzard Entertainment.

14.jpg

Changes:
1 - Reduced File-Size, Changed Glow Texture, Fixed Brightness.
2 - Increased Quality of Texture, Fixed Beam Wrap.

Keywords:
Ancient, Undead, Ziggurat, Ancient Ziggurat, Beta, Alpha, Beta Undead, Alpha Undead, 1999, Legends, Warcraft 3, The Legends, Nerubian, Cult, Acolyte.
Contents

Ancient Ziggurat (Model)

Reviews
21:27, 25th Nov 2014 MiniMage: Filesize is large for basically a plateau with a beam of light. The texture ripped from a screenshot. There's not any working argument to grant an exception to the rule as the model itself lacks usefulness in a modding...

M

21:27, 25th Nov 2014
MiniMage: Filesize is large for basically a plateau with a beam of light. The texture ripped from a screenshot. There's not any working argument to grant an exception to the rule as the model itself lacks usefulness in a modding context besides for usage in your own mod.

So yeah, rejected.

it looks.. quite blurry to me.. could you try wrapping the model to something that's looking sharper?

and I'm also sure that the beam and the glow can be made out of ingame texture..

The texture was ripped from the screen-shot. All I can do is try making it more sharpened.

Edit: It looks better in-game.

Wait, ripped from a screenshot? I'm pretty sure that is against skin submission rules.
Thus also against the rules of using that with a warcraft model.

The texture was ripped from Blizzard, that's why I gave credits to Blizzard.
War3 Alpha 1999 ECTS, 02 Image.

Edit; Updated Model.

PS: Minimage, this model also has ripped/ not-hand made textures. But it's usefulness overwrote the criteria. I hope you understand.

Exceptions:
Sometimes, a texture's usefulness may outweigh the fact that the skin is a recolor/copy-paste work. In this case,
moderators will note that the texture doesn't fully adhere to the rules, but is approved due to it's usefulness/demand.

Last edited:

Edit; Updated Model.

PS: Minimage, this model also has ripped/ not-hand made textures. But it's usefulness overwrote the criteria. I hope you understand.

Exceptions:
Sometimes, a texture's usefulness may outweigh the fact that the skin is a recolor/copy-paste work. In this case,
moderators will note that the texture doesn't fully adhere to the rules, but is approved due to it's usefulness/demand.

odd comparing.. that's a mighty-big castle oO your model is a flat-ish beacon-like thing..

I say you should rework it with ingame textures, as a challenge. if you make it great with ingame textures, i'll give it a 5/5 moderation.

i dare ya :p

odd comparing.. that's a mighty-big castle oO your model is a flat-ish beacon-like thing..

I say you should rework it with ingame textures, as a challenge. if you make it great with ingame textures, i'll give it a 5/5 moderation.

i dare ya :p

I accept it. But I will upload that one as a _portrait file. :)

PS: Castle or not, I was comparing the flaws of moderation. It would be unfair if the castle with ripped textures get approved while this one with (Blizzard) ripped textures gets rejected. :/

I accept it. But I will upload that one as a _portrait file. :)

PS: Castle or not, I was comparing the flaws of moderation. It would be unfair if the castle with ripped textures get approved while this one with (Blizzard) ripped textures gets rejected. :/

no you will upload that one as a main file.. it's really better to be a main file..

and again, odd comparing, there's so much that has been done to that castle, texture is only a 1/3 of it.. i think oO

Level 26

Edit; Updated Model.

Exceptions:

The thing is that your model is not very useful. In fact, your model completely relies on this texture while the castle, being rather detailed, could easily work with ingame textures.
It does not need the texture, it just looks better with it. As for the uses of your model, I guess it works for your map, but on a broader scale? What else could one use this for?

The castle however, could have many uses.

The thing is that your model is not very useful. In fact, your model completely relies on this texture while the castle, being rather detailed, could easily work with ingame textures.
It does not need the texture, it just looks better with it. As for the uses of your model, I guess it works for your map, but on a broader scale? What else could one use this for?

The castle however, could have many uses.

I'm glad that the model rules do not depend on usefulness. Castle, I think I've seen millions of them. I'm sure that people can't get enough of them.