• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zero Tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
This has to stop though. Instead of restoring the harm you've done, you're actually making it worse by banning more capable mods for their social actions. I thought this whole thing served as a big spanking for the moderators that showed somewhat anti-social behaviour. But apparently, it's not. What the flying, family friendly fuck are you doing?
Capable moderators. That's what they were and let's face it they were unique. You need Dondustin, that iconmod, Joe and all of the others. Unless you're planning on moderating all of the sections by yourself. Again, what are you doing? Have you considered how permanent your thoughtless actions are? You can ask the mods to come back at some point (which I highly advise you to do) but they would be insulted.
INSULTED.
That's right, and with a good reason.
Face it, there are no good modelers left who are willing to test every model on the site.
Or at least not enough to purge all of those models while still having a life.

This site is all about productivity. How can there be productivity like this? This doesn't make any sense at all.
Don't be too rash in your actions TDW, that's all I'm saying.

Level 25
Not because you question their authority, because of the manner you do so.

The only real way to question anyone's authority is speaking directly to them and laying down facts and opinions.
If not for this way, then how?

You're way too hostile to be a mod.
I supose this may come out as me being biased but that was not a hostile reaction and you are my friend alone here in thinking that BlackDeath was ever a bad moderator.

Also being quite late i am off to sleep, i will continue to follow this thread and hopefully still be here to comment on the development of the situation.

You're way too hostile to be a mod.
Would you mind elaborating where I have been hostile?

I am a human being, there was much stored up already. If that is obvious sometimes, you may blame me.

I was a mod, but I am no robot. I served the community, I did my best to get the best out of each and every icon artist we currently have.
That was my motivation, and it will remain that way.

Level 9
This has to stop though. Instead of restoring the harm you've done, you're actually making it worse by banning more capable mods for their social actions. I thought this whole thing served as a big spanking for the moderators that showed somewhat anti-social behaviour. But apparently, it's not. What the flying, family friendly fuck are you doing?
Capable moderators. That's what they were and let's face it they were unique. You need Dondustin, that iconmod, Joe and all of the others. Unless you're planning on moderating all of the sections by yourself. Again, what are you doing? Have you considered how permanent your thoughtless actions are? You can ask the mods to come back at some point (which I highly advise you to do) but they would be insulted.
INSULTED.
That's right, and with a good reason.
Face it, there are no good modelers left who are willing to test every model on the site.
Or at least not enough to purge all of those models while still having a life.

This site is all about productivity. How can there be productivity like this? This doesn't make any sense at all.
Don't be too rash in your actions TDW, that's all I'm saying.

I'm only doing what I am supposed too, we will be done restructuring the staff soon and making a new announcement introducing all the new staff members.

Level 30
I'm only doing what I am supposed too, we will be done restructuring the staff soon and making a new announcement introducing all the new staff members.

Reconstructing with what exactly?
We once were a near professional site for resources.
We had the best resources and the best only. We had high standards.
You're not going to tell me some nitwit is going to take over modeling, just because the former, very capable moderator said a few bad words millions of years ago?

Be reasonable. Reason with Ralle. Just don't fuck this place up. I spent my childhood here, man. Don't let it go to shit. Stall the downfall a bit so we can caress the memories, man. Really.

Yes I realize how sentimental this sounds. I had a good time here and seeing it go down like this... can't help but feeling bad about it.

I doubt this could work, could it, Cummunity Mod?

Maybe Riot knows it though, as he showed some true insight.

don't get banned M0rbid.. you still need to tweak that newest texture of mine.. not to sound like a slave-driver, but i really cannot fix it, i have no pixeling skills :| i pretty much need you (if i haven't mixed people up..)

and about this thread, i have no comment about it.. and you Dwiz.. let's see how you'll tend to the things here.. i don't really have that high opinion of you. but then again, i'm not that normal guy either :b

Level 23
don't get banned M0rbid.. you still need to tweak that newest texture of mine.. not to sound like a slave-driver, but i really cannot fix it, i have no pixeling skills :| i pretty much need you (if i haven't mixed people up..)

Me and TDW are all cool, I actually suggested him to use this shorter nick yesterday.

(sry, that I put my name first)

I might join his RP site, but I guess that's to far off topic.

Level 10
As a relatively new member and this not directly affecting me in anyway, I don't completely understand why things are the way they are here. But, I do understand somethings. There are some members abusing power, while there were others that weren't doing that at all, some just said what they felt about the situation and were punished for it, others however, created entire threads making it out to be as if the Hive is a fantasy land ruled by a tyrannical king. I for one, agree with both sides, though some of the wrong people were placed in power others that were right for it, were removed for merely saying what they felt about the situation. I as a person who provides resources for this site have wanted to be a moderator but, to tell you the truth, I'd hate to be one for this site now. I mean you let it go into complete chaos and did nothing about it, you put people in power who I am sure; were notorious for the things that they just got punished for, and now when the actual good staff members state what they feel about the scenario they are punished for that. I am sorry but, if you keep going in the direction you are, The Hive will fall apart. A word of advice to those who are defending themselves, this is the last post I will make on this site, I'm leaving it. If I were you, I'd do the same. Save yourselves the grief there are other sites out there.

Level 40
Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

Me and TDW are all cool, I actually suggested him to use this shorter nick yesterday.

(sry, that I put my name first)

I might join his RP site, but I guess that's to far off topic.
I did a few RPs on Dwiz's previous sites and they were nice.. minus this or that.
As a relatively new member and this not directly affecting me in anyway, I don't completely understand why things are the way they are here. But, I do understand somethings. There are some members abusing power, while there were others that weren't doing that at all, some just said what they felt about the situation and were punished for it, others however, created entire threads making it out to be as if the Hive is a fantasy land ruled by a tyrannical king. I for one, agree with both sides, though some of the wrong people were placed in power others that were right for it, were removed for merely saying what they felt about the situation. I as a person who provides resources for this site have wanted to be a moderator but, to tell you the truth, I'd hate to be one for this site now. I mean you let it go into complete chaos and did nothing about it, you put people in power who I am sure; were notorious for the things that they just got punished for, and now when the actual good staff members state what they feel about the scenario they are punished for that. I am sorry but, if you keep going in the direction you are, The Hive will fall apart. A word of advice to those who are defending themselves, this is the last post I will make on this site, I'm leaving it. If I were you, I'd do the same. Save yourselves the grief there are other sites out there.

everyone is free to leave, but you miss the big picture by a long shot.. this thing had to be done, hive was a stagnant pool with people just jerking off instead wanting to like.. collaborate on cool models like one guy i used to, or still know, depending on his activity atm :b
perhaps i do act like a slave driver sometimes, but some were even worse

and about moderator position.. i was never given a chance to try :p but would still like to.. i've been moderating a group on a deviant art site,, re-arranging the art into right folders, resolving stuff, removing offending art or members.. and it works as a peaceful little community... but heck, what do i know, i'm known like an annoying member.. anyway, this was pretty offtopic so i close my post now :p

ndh

ndh

Level 8
Ndh, stop pandering to the opinions of the moderators whom you don't even know, you're just trying to acquire a trust with them in the same manner TDW did.

This comment was not needed, just because i have the same attitude towards something does not mean i am "kissing up to the boss". By making this statement you have proved to me that you are one of the people who enjoy the drama and love to quote anything and everyone to get your point across or to continue the drama. And what's wrong with having a sense of trust with Ralle and the moderators? As far as i can tell that is a good thing.

And before you quote me to complain/troll again, think about how ignorant it makes you look to others.

Level 22
This comment was not needed, just because i have the same attitude towards something does not mean i am "kissing up to the boss". By making this statement you have proved to me that you are one of the people who enjoy the drama and love to quote anything and everyone to get your point across or to continue the drama. And what's wrong with having a sense of trust with Ralle and the moderators? As far as i can tell that is a good thing.

And before you quote me to complain/troll again, think about how ignorant it makes you look to others.

I don't see how acknowledgement makes me ignorant, quite the contrary actually.

all right. so. it's pretty ok that anarchian and sham has been accused of whatever they've been accused with. i was kind of expecting to find my name there somewhere as well. i guess i can see where you are possibly coming from.

but DonDustin?
DonDustin. a troll.
"DonDustin was a troll in power." take a deep breath and repeat that to yourself. that is a phrase that in my entire time on hive that i never thought i would ever see. in form.

now.

reported in the past
can you elaborate that a little. i asked you to elaborate what exact reports i had. you never replied. but surely. so here is my question.

what are the details behind reports concerning DonDustin?

Level 9
all right. so. it's pretty ok that anarchian and sham has been accused of whatever they've been accused with. i was kind of expecting to find my name there somewhere as well. i guess i can see where you are possibly coming from.

but DonDustin?
DonDustin. a troll.
"DonDustin was a troll in power." take a deep breath and repeat that to yourself. that is a phrase that in my entire time on hive that i never thought i would ever see. in form.

now.

can you elaborate that a little. i asked you to elaborate what exact reports i had. you never replied. but surely. so here is my question.

what are the details behind reports concerning DonDustin?

You are not DonDustin, Ralle has released the information he has wanted and anything else has been privately discussed with the users in question.

ok then.

answer me this

"I am contacting you today because over the time of your career on The Hive Workshop, you have been reported, for being rude/power abusing/not handling situations when you are supposed to and instead fueling the fire. This is partially my fault for always being busy but I am back now, and I expect you to behave in accordance with the rules, one more report and you will be demoted without warning but I do hope it won’t come to that because I believe in you."

that pm. i received as well.

am i to presume that every single mod, active or inactive, "bad" or "good" received it? it is a simple YES/NO question. dont need to give me excuse. just YES or NO. very simple

i have like one more question but lets take this slow and calmly, one by one

Level 9
ok then.

answer me this

"I am contacting you today because over the time of your career on The Hive Workshop, you have been reported, for being rude/power abusing/not handling situations when you are supposed to and instead fueling the fire. This is partially my fault for always being busy but I am back now, and I expect you to behave in accordance with the rules, one more report and you will be demoted without warning but I do hope it won’t come to that because I believe in you."

that pm. i received as well.

am i to presume that every single mod, active or inactive, "bad" or "good" received it? it is a simple YES/NO question. dont need to give me excuse. just YES or NO. very simple

I'm sorry but what Ralle has released is what people are going to get.

Who is the dark wizard?

Hello!
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/latest-updates-news-101/moving-forward-218976/

Damn it.
This thread is getting too long for me to read.
I already finished reading the first two pages.
I give up.

Have we discussed anything new yet? Or are we still asking the same old questions?

This is getting old.
Let's just move on.

DSG was demoted. So what? He's still a member of this site and he's still able to contribute to it.
It's not the silly "Moderator" tag under your avatar that makes you a contributer to this community, it's what you do. And Dr Super Good has done a lot for this site.

DonDustin was also demoted. Why should this be important?
The only difference between a moderator and a user on this site is that the moderator has to actually make what the user's opinions official concerning a certain resource (well, the veterans' opinions anyway).
That's just about it. Only half the moderators actually get chat powers.

It shouldn't be the 'moderator' tag that motivates someone to actually want to do something for the site and the community.

As for shamanyouranus, well, I guess this is something for him to be ashamed of, I mean, he was just promoted nearly a month ago :|

Level 25
This is getting out of hand. You wish to stop trolling? This is about the same as USA declaring war on terrorism. You simply can't do anything. See if you can find any website with more than 3 people on it, where trolling isn't happening. I assure, you can't. I'm not saying trolling isn't bad, but attempting to prevent it is meaningless (takakenji is a perfect example of this. He has just returned from his ban, and already he is trolling). People also tend to have fun with it, and if it gets out of hand (if any individual is suffering from it), simply have a moderator step in.

Now, about the big fuss with The Dark Wizard. The problem is that people don't know him. He is not part of the community. How do you expect someone to be a community moderator, when he isn't even a part of the community he is going to moderate. I understand that a few do actually people know him, but it is obvious that the majority does not. And having him serve as your secret spy certainly isn't helping, and only prevents him from ever joining the community. He is like the Stasi during the seperation of Germany, mistrusted by all.

@ndh, I like you and all, but I really think you should take into consideration how much knowledge you have on this subject. Sure you've read the previous discussions and whatnot, but seeing as you joined Hive April this year, you have a fundamental lack of knowledge on the background of said threads. I'm not saying this should prevent you from sharing your opinions, I'm just advising you to think twice of how much you actually know about what you're posting.

EDIT: I almost forgot the most important thing. If you really want to prevent people from being butthurt, throw a huge "13+ to enter"/"site may contain harsh language"/whatever thingy before going to the site. Most, if not all of the core members are over 13, and foul language is slowly integrating into our society anyways. I'll say what so many others have said: Hive isn't a family friendly site. You said you didn't mind a smaller community. Then why let the members who are actually contributing to the site suffer, instead of the "children", whom you are obviously trying to protect with these new rules, who don't get shit done anyways (yes, I realize I am generalising here, but I honestly believe that these are, more or less, the two poles of Hive).

Last edited:
Level 17
It does seem rather silly to promote someone to Community Moderator when nobody knows anything about him at all. How can someone become a Community Moderator if they don't know the people?

Level 9
It does seem rather silly to promote someone to Community Moderator when nobody knows anything about him at all, that's not to say he would be bad at it - in fact what I am stating is that if you want a good Community Moderator get one from the Community and not one of your friends whom we don't know.

That's all I've got to say on this.

But there is so much to discuss in this thread, yet you just single the point about me?

Level 29
what a post!, I only read a few coz Im too lazy to read that :p...

Anyway the key for NOT to get banned is very simple, RESPECT PEOPLE and do not post innapropriate
stuffs like sex, posting a resource that's not yours, advertising to get money, offer money etc...

IDK why people have a hard time to know how to do that, afterall this is a WC3 gaming
community and I'm only here for fun coz I like WC3, if I have friends coz of this then thank you!...

EDIT:
if you are offended to a user then report to the admin with evidence, simple eh?

Level 17
But there is so much to discuss in this thread, yet you just single the point about me?

Because I can see everything else clearly and I'm completely neutral towards all of it. The only thing I don't like is promoting someone to Community Moderator when he himself isn't known and doesn't know the community.

The news here involves you. Everything else, like the bans and demotions, were a long time coming, for the most part.

I, for one, have been waiting patiently to see Bedlam removed from the staff. Trolls do nothing good for sites like this.

Level 23
It's kind of astonishing that now that this many established users left or were left all those users come out of the bushes that never made it into the community and never archieved anything remarkable here because they never got things together.
I think this is a great archievement of the new changes and we should be grateful for this because it will CERTAINLY increase the Hive's quality.

Also, due to natural selection of those users who do not scrutinise the new path, it will be way easier to create a new friendly community, because all those others certainly cause damage.
I can see this clearly being portraied in this thread.

Red

Red

Level 26
There's a lot I could say, but because I don't even understand any of this nonsense, let alone support it, I don't see much point taking the time to pen out some big spiel - I'll just keep this short. It'll probably be deleted anyway.

To any lurkers or less-active community members that are just here to enjoy quality resources: My heart goes out to any of you reading this, because you're the ones who are affected most by this.

With that being said, all of my Icons, Skins, Models, and all 150+ .bmp Pooo comics have been deleted, and will not return. I wish you guys the best, but I'm not the type to stick around when me and my friends are regarded as little more than elitist trash.

Take it away, Roy!

Level 20
I am probably wrong but isn't requirement for moderator a bit higher then his level of fame? If Ralle promoted TDW he maybe just maybe he actually had a perfectly valid reason? Tats being said best is just wait and see how it turns out and then judge.

As for recent changes well I was out of loop but I am sure that changes were needed. For me at least Hive seemed little stagnated anyway, and very very dramatic for a simple site. This is all just personal view and not at all necessarily correct, its just an opinion.

Level 25
It is good that you do this, those elitist users should have been removed long ago :)

Yes i can clearly see how this fine member of our community with 0 contributions so far, yet blaming those who contributed so much that i cannot grasp the future of hive without these members.

If you are the next generation of what this community is going to be, i will gladly leave.

I have witnessed moderator purges before... but never so extreme.

To all those saying HIVE is stagnating of late, you do know this might as well end THW as we know it? Stagnation and stability is sometimes better than such drastic changes.

Level 22
I am a little surprised to see members who have done a lot like Pyritie and Rui banned, these names it's weird to see them like that. DSG can still help but he doesn't have to do so anymore as without being a mod, there is no requirement to contribute, so yes the GEHZ goes down and so does sc2. If I were him, not helping anyone anymore would be the least I could do for the 'gratefulness' of helping others and contributing to the community.

But even if so, what Ralle has done so far with some members not from the staff plus disabling chat and thus not allowing people who can insult you on chat to do so, have been acting in my favor. All people I was sure had to be banned are banned, so I am with you Ralle, to some extent, I cannot be against you since lots of things you did were in my favor and I thank specific people in the Staff.

Level 17
It's a little coincidental that all of these old users who have been inactive for long periods of time are suddenly returning during this dark time.

Hm, I wonder.

Level 25
It's a little coincidental that all of these old users who have been inactive for long periods of time are suddenly returning during this dark time.

Hm, I wonder.

Desparate times call for desparate measures?

Anyhow one thing is for sure, THW isn't going to recover from this damage in a long time. We lost a huge number of good people who i never saw acting out like it was mentioned here.

The real infection of this community is still here, and they aren't the mentioned personas.

Level 23
I think it's about time serious measures were taken about some things. Even though it may seem harsh, I agree with Ralle.

Still, it's sad that people are deleting their resources to protest. I think they should have more respect for their own creations.

Level 25
What is this 'real infection'?

The members of our community who wish not discuss this pressing matter or other for that instance, not even a word, the ones who cover behind in fear or feel not the need to share their opinion.
Either you care so little about the community that you won't help it improve or you are too scared for yourself and again won't help the community.

The members who suck up to moderators when they need them and act out when they don't.
The real trolls who hide behind their word plays, provoke others and do not contribute at all.

Being a part of a community means being there when you need it and when it needs you, not only the first part.
Let's be honest the only reason these people got punished is because they were under the spotlight, other people who do deserve more punishment are getting looked over because of this.

Still, it's sad that people are deleting their resources to protest. I think they should have more respect for their own creations.

After contributing so much and then getting this treatment, i would have acted the very same.

Level 18
So you are going to violate our rights and severly punish us with unfairly cruel punishments just because your right hand decayed and you had to cut it? Your idea is to kill half of the already dying popylation inorder to survive ? Seriously Ralle? I mean its good that you finaly decided to keep an eye on your rouge admins but why is it our fault we got courrupted by their lawbreaking!?

Level 12
I am mostly neutral towards this situation, but like so many others, I also removed everything I deemed to be valuable to me.

I will be around, most likely in the chat, but for the time being, I am also leaving/packing, because I no longer have more than what, 3-4 people who I'd actually NEED.

My signature pretty much says how I feel about the hive atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.