1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Your Political Profile

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Fussiler1, May 28, 2011.

1. Sky Green

Sky Green

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am... not sure what I am can someone tell me?
    My result

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  2. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm pretty sure that political compass is based off Irish or UK politics based off some of the questions it asks in it, which aren't really big issues in the US.

3. Moon Mover

Moon Mover

Resources:
    Resources:
    So mark "Agree" instead of "Strongly Agree."
    Then it worked!
    Yer a filthy commie'.

4. The Reborn Devil

The Reborn Devil

Resources:
    Resources:
    At what cost? The child's life is now ruined. Sure, he doesn't commit crime, but is he happy?

Communism is awesome. If you look at the results from the other posts you'll see most of us are commies.

5. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pretty much everyone in my family, on both my father's side and my mother's side, and my immediate family included, was spanked for doing something really wrong except for me.

Out of my entire family, I'm probably the only one who has social issues because the way I act isn't usually "appropriate"

I think we're all generalizing this way too fucking much. Spanking a kid does not always end with him being traumatized. Nor does it always end with them learning their lesson.

If you want to spank your kid, then go ahead. The government doesn't need to know about it.

6. Skycraft

Skycraft

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. The Reborn Devil

The Reborn Devil

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's a very special view you got there. Spanking children is a criminal offence in most civilized countries. Is it okay to kill people too, as long as the government doesn't know about it?

Very many are traumatized by being spanked as young and few of those who are spanked behave like regular people after being repeatedly spanked for almost everything they do. In the end, many fear to do things which are completely fine to do because they fear that they will be punished.

You don't want people to be afraid of the law, you want them to understand and respect the law.

8. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fear is one of the proper ways to rule, as Machiavelli once wrote. I'm not saying you should spank your child for everything. I'm saying there should be a balance between teaching and spanking.

Believe it or not, spanking CAN only occur in situations where it would replace other severe punishment.

Also, I wouldn't consider spanking a cold blood murder. I would compare it more to capital punishment, which is legal in many countries abroad.

9. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Machiavelli wasn't proper, he was practical.

His arguments were in no way trying to appeal to ethics, they worked and that's all the support he needed for them.

So as it is with spanking, it's been shown to work in a lot of cases - but does that exactly make it right? Then we have to go even further, what exactly is right, and if it works do we have room to condemn it?

Personally I find spanking a bit barbaric in nature, but I'm not going to condemn people who feel it's the best way to raise their children, even if they're quick to condemn me for not agreeing.

10. Varine

Varine

Resources:
    Resources:
    And no one is traumatized by being spanked. If they are, god forbid they ever get into a fight. They'll probably never come out of their room! What we're effectively doing with our new shitty punishments (like ten minutes in time out for telling your mom you hate her, WTF is that about?) is making a bunch of brat kids who grow up with no concept of the real world, a huge elitism thing, and have almost no work ethic because in school they didn't fail, they just were delayed in their success for whatever is happening now. Everyone gets trophies for participating!

My parents having hit me a few times when I was out of control doesn't make me afraid of the law. Admittedly I view our legal system as an ongoing joke and have no respect for most police, and would love to see it collapse now (or destroyed by a revolution... can't be too long, the way it's going), however that's because the law is for the most part totally idiotic. I spent a week in jail a bit ago (and in turn about got kicked out of school for it) for failure to pay a couple hundred dollars in fines I forgot about (paid most of it, but then I moved and had better things to worry about). My neighbors now ex-boyfriend beat the shit out of her not long ago, but somehow there was insufficient evidence so he got out after a couple days. I would gladly kill people like him, and would have no problem if someone else did it and didn't tell the government. Although I thinking killing people and spanking your kid when he needs it are not quite the same caliber....

11. DonDustin

DonDustin

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  12. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's very easy to make this generalization. I just did, and if they can't control themselves, they need to learn to do so.

13. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Just because you say something doesn't make it correct

14. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I could say the same exact thing to you.

15. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    At least I qualify my statements, instead of making broad generalizations.

16. Varine

Varine

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just because what you say to qualify it means something to you, it doesn't to everyone. There isn't an inherit requirement to justify what you believe beyond the fact that it's what you believe.

17. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If you don't justify your side of the argument, you're not arguing.

Also note that "qualify" in a persuasive sense means to point out that what you're saying isn't universal, that there are occasions where it doesn't work, thus making it more realistic (and thus more convincing).

18. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did justify my side of the discussion, and I say discussion, because I don't consider this an argument.

19. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's cute, but an argument is generally a discussion carried out by 2 sides that oppose eachother.

Usually takes place over some rule or resolution or abstract idea.

20. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    An argument involves petty insults to try and prove your point, and both people raging at eachother to some extent, which I am not.