• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

YOU can decide the future of KoTNR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
A couple of months ago I started a project I called KotNR, short for Knights of the New Republic. It is basically an epic campaign RPG set in the Star Wars universe, where you chose a character, and is cast into a galaxy of action and adventure.
The campaign will consist of around 10 huge maps, cinematics not included. Depending on your actions as you progress, you will gain light side influence, and dark side influence, and there will be a unique ending for each side.

As you may have noted from the title, this campaign is set a lot later in time than the fantastic KoToR games by Bioware, to be precise, in the time of the clonewars, between episode 2 and 3.
All playable characters (exept one) will be new, freshly from my imagination, but you will meet many familiar characters as NPCs, both friendly and not so friendly...

So, now I want your opinion, what characters would you like to meet? what races would you like to play as? and what planets do you want to visit?

List of already included planets:
Tatooine
Coruscant
Kuat
Kalee
Possibly Naboo

List of already included selectable races for main character:
Human
Ithorian
Kaminoan
Trandoshan
Quarren

Level 12
I'd like to meet: Bobo Fett and Han solo
(Had to check Spelling on Fett o_O)

I would like to be the race Chewbacca is and that guy that goes "ANI! ANI!!!!"

Level 4
To icecream pirate, you are lucky, all of those you list is already included, exept, boba fett, but i will consider putting in him to.
To formula1, You mean wookies and gungans? There exists some gungan models by Olofmoleman, and I might find some way to include wookies to.
Thanks for your time. But there is room for more, anybody else that want to come with their wishes?

P.S If someone have not heard of those planets or races i have listed above, pay a visit to wookiepedia

Level 22
darth vader wasnt in the clone wars... well, anakin was.
what you need, is an epic space battle. so go to the Kuat drive yards, and commandeer the latest fighter/capital ship the republic has to offer, and blast the crap out of sepratist scum.

but uh...the new republic is actually... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay after the galactic civil war.

Level 4
Yes ghost765 I know that, don't try lesson me about star wars ;D
But Knights of the Middle-age republic does not sound good.
There will be included a couple of epic battle maps in the campaign, one in space, and one on land.
I do not want to reveal any large parts of the story line, but I can say this to aeroblyctos, I understand you want to meet vader, and you will sort of, in a vision of the future.
To kewlthis, yes I will try making good spells, many will be triggered.

Level 4
well, have you seen many other clone troopers for wc3 lying around the web?
I think the marine animations fits just fine, but I am not so sure about the battle droids with marine animations...
I have worked my ass of the whole day to finish the first chapter and removing bugs.
I will probably release the teaser right after the weekend if everything is going as planned.

Update: The teaser will be be delayed for a little time.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hi Shadow3, not many people have ever heard of Cerea, I even had to check it out myself (for those who have not heard of it, Ki-Adi-Mundi is cerean)
It does in fact look like a good place to include in the campaign, perhaps as the spot for the epic land battle i have planned.

The teaser I promised is going along well, the delay is because of a mayor unexpected bug and because it took longer time than I expected to find some of the sound effects.

Level 6
I'd love to help, but there's not much I can offer.
And that Cerea planet was just a lucky hit, I went to wookipedia and it was the article of the day, and so I clicked it.

Sorry to burst it :p

Level 15
If you're planning on adding returning characters (which is kind of impossible, considering the fact that most of them died after a few thousand years, save Revan) you better read up the story off wikipedia.

The reason you may want to learn the story, by the way, is so you don't screw it up somehow and be like "And Revan DESTROYED THE REPUBLIC!" If he destroyed the Republic, how the hell do we have The Sith Lords or even your campaign? The republic exists in the Sith Lords, as I recall. Not saying you WILL screw up the story, but it's a good idea to brush up some.

Level 4
Hi everybody, sorry for the long wait. But I have been really busy.
To I)ednerzhul: You mean adding characters from the KoTOR age? Of course not!
I try to make the story of the campaign so belivable as possible, there is inevitable that there will be some wrong facts here and there. But I want to reduce those to a minimum.

By the way, there will be one character from the age of the old republic in the campaign.
But since he is not a living being, I consider it belivable enough.

The teaser is around 98 percent finished, the problem is the cursed playtesting, wich takes several hours of repetative play.
I must get myself a tester...

Status
Not open for further replies.