• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

KoTNR Star Wars RPG developement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
A couple of months ago I started a project I called KotNR, short for Knights of the New Republic. It is basically an epic campaign RPG set in the Star Wars universe, where you chose a character, and is cast into a galaxy of action and adventure.
The campaign will consist of around 10 huge maps, cinematics not included. Depending on your actions as you progress, you will gain light side influence, and dark side influence, and there will be a unique ending for each side.

As you may have noted from the title, this campaign is set a lot later in time than the fantastic KoToR games by Bioware, to be precise, in the time of the clonewars, between episode 2 and 3.
All playable characters (exept one) will be new, freshly from my imagination, but you will meet many familiar characters as NPCs, both friendly and not so friendly...

So, now I want your opinion, what characters would you like to meet? what races would you like to play as? and what planets do you want to visit?

List of already included planets:
Tatooine
Coruscant
Kuat
Kalee
Possibly Naboo

List of already included selectable races for main character:
Human
Ithorian
Kaminoan
Trandoshan
Quarren
Gungan

As I write this, the teaser is out and I have begun working on the next chapter in the campaign, and I will do my best to keep you updated.

Feel free to come with ideas, sugestions or criticism.

Last edited:
Level 13
Well i tested it and it really seemed like it was made fast. I felt like all the conversations were so pointless and deffinetly not deep. I dont like something like "wana save me and be friends" -ok stuff.

The start of game was also kinda boring. I would add more attack and move speed to hero + the first guards should be as easy as kill as the ones when you get weapons.

Also it would be cool if you could do somekind of spells at start already. Like jump stomp or something (which would be extremely more weaker than when you master the jump stomp/jedi powers.)

If you wish to make this like KoTNR, there should also be choises for evil and good side. At the start you should be able to decide if you wana take those "allies" with you or wana kill them. I really wasnt impressed on their reasoning to save them, so i really wanted to smack them.

So it really needs lots and lots more work to be a good campaign. Also add the models at selecting race thingy. I god no idea what the fuck is zypher zapher race or tantokanoshti or whatever it was.

Level 4
Okay Kewlthis, Some of your suggestions is already planned, and I see myself some more improvements that could be made.

1. Converations not deep enough.
I am quite aware of this, but there was simply not enough time to make them much deeper, The plan was that there would pop up a "buttonbox" with a lot of converation choices from wich you could select your actions or what you would say. But I was unable to get it working properly, so they was cut or replaced with those poor text promps. Rest asured that this will be taken care of for the final release.

2. Hard enemies before you get weapons. Beginner spells
A little question, if you were to fight a big brutish green pig with a HUGE axe unarmed, how well would you fare? This will however be balanced slighly when I add some of the starting speels, very weak, but good enough to give you an edge.

3. Choice to kill companions
Remind me to never side with you...
Yes as I noted above this will be possible by using those "buttonboxes"
If you decide to spare them, and then realise they are just plain anoying, you can also get rid of them later on in the campaign. This will however only work on some characters.

I have already decided to add some basic info of each of the races in the quest log, and perhaps add a "return to start position" field on each of the islands.

Thanks for taking time to give constructive criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.