• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Campaign] Xar'aysia: collapse of Kanarac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
I disagree. Mana cost, cooldown and so on should be on top.

The description tells the player what kind of spell it is. If player does not know how the spell works the stats often are misleading or confusing. e.g. if healing is split equally between 5 units the stat "Healing - 1000" would be vey misleading. Sure the player can read it afterwards but having it first is better in most cases.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I don't really care enough to debate about which is best, but most games use such info at the top for whatever reason. here's a few popular game examples.

0c67a105564e01b0bd47b82dee31a51d.png

6X4vIUE.png

7x2wF.png

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Well, I like the stats below, but who knows? There's no rule for that. :as:

Now then, what do you all think? Should there be all non-ultimate spells ? Are ultimates really needed?

Thanks to AradMNK for the idea.
But actually I was looking for ideas to Non-Ultimate abilities.

Also, Should I remove the background from spells and items on top?
It makes the tooltip much longer and I've to write a lot more lore lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Personally I like having an ultimate ability. Because that enables you to create synergy between spells properly.

Let's say we have an ability that slow a target for x%. We call it ability #1
Then we have a second ability that deals X damage, but deals twice as much damage if the target is slowed by ability #1

This makes ability #2 useless early since you need at least one point in ability #1 first. However if you have an ultimate then you can be 100% sure that all the other abilities got at least one point.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I see ^^,

Thoughts on item and spell backgrounds? Should they be removed from tooltips?

Level 17
History of Items ----> Yes
History of Spells ----> No

"Flames of Underground"
Mana cost: 75
Initial Damage: 100 x Ability level
Explosion Damage: 20 x Ability level
Range of Explosion: 500

Description:

Vacois Calls the dark fires of Hell, and puts that as a Curse Inside the Victim. The target receives Initial Damage. If the Target dies after 30 seconds, it will explode and Deal Dark damage to nearby Units whether they are friendly or Neutral or even Enemy.

|cFFFFCC00"Flames of Underground"|n|r|cFFCB5634Mana cost:|r|cFFFFFFFF |r|cFFFE8A0E75|n|r|cFFCB5634Initial Damage:|r|cFFFFFFFF |r|cFFFE8A0E100 x Ability level|n|r|cFFCB5634Explosion Damage:|r|cFFFE8A0E 20 x Ability level|n|r|cFFCB5634Range of Explosion:|r|cFFFFFFFF |r|cFFFE8A0E500|n|r|cFFCB5634Description:|n|r|cFFFE8A0EVacois Calls the dark fires of Hell, and puts that as a Curse Inside the Victim. The target receives Initial Damage. If the Target dies after 30 seconds, it will explode and Deal Dark damage to nearby Units whether they are friendly or Neutral or even Enemy.|r

"The Burning Hammer"
Mana cost: N/A
Damage: 30 x Abilty level
Extra Damage: 5 x Ability level
Description:
Valcois's Hammer is inflicted with fire that gives Valcois Extra damage. Also, on Attacks, Vacois has a 20% chance to Make an Explosion that deals minor but effective damage to nearby enemies.

|cFFFFCC00"The Burning Hammer"|n|r|cFFCB5634Mana cost: |r|cFFFE8A0EN/A|n|r|cFFCB5634Damage:|r|cFFFE8A0E 30 x Abilty level|n|r|cFFCB5634Extra Damage:|r|cFFFE8A0E 5 x Ability level|n|r|cFFCB5634Range of Explosion:|r|cFFFE8A0E 500|n|r|cFFCB5634Description:|n|r|cFFFE8A0EValcois's Hammer is inflicted with fire that gives Valcois Extra damage. Also, on Attacks, Vacois has a 20% chance to Make an Explosion that deals minor but effective damage to nearby enemies.|r

"Fire Sorroundings"
Mana cost: 40
Armor: 1.5 x Abilty level
Damage Reflected: 5%
Lasts: (Ability level x 10) + 30 Seconds
Description:
Valcois may cast a Shield around a Friendly unit, giving it Extra armor. Also, the Units under the Effect, Will reflect Melee damage to their Source.

|cFFFFCC00"Fire Sorroundings"|n|r|cFFCB5634Mana cost: |r|cFFFE8A0E40|n|r|cFFCB5634Armor:|r|cFFFE8A0E 1.5 x Abilty level|n|r|cFFCB5634Damage Reflected:|r|cFFFE8A0E 5%|n|r|cFFCB5634Lasts:|r|cFFFE8A0E (Ability level x 10) + 30 Seconds|n|r|cFFCB5634Description:|n|r|cFFFE8A0EValcois may cast a Shield around a Friendly unit, giving it Extra armor. Also, the Units under the Effect, Will reflect Melee damage to their Source.|r

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
History of Items ----> Yes
History of Spells ----> No

"Flames of Underground"

Description:

Vacois Calls the dark fires of Hell, and puts that as a Curse Inside the Victim. The target receives Initial Damage. If the Target dies after 30 seconds, it will explode and Deal Dark damage to nearby Units whether they are friendly or Neutral or even Enemy.

|cFFFFCC00"Flames of Underground"|n|r|cFFCB5634Mana cost:|r|cFFFFFFFF |r|cFFFE8A0E75|n|r|cFFCB5634Initial Damage:|r|cFFFFFFFF |r|cFFFE8A0E100 x Ability level|n|r|cFFCB5634Explosion Damage:|r|cFFFE8A0E 20 x Ability level|n|r|cFFCB5634Range of Explosion:|r|cFFFFFFFF |r|cFFFE8A0E500|n|r|cFFCB5634Description:|n|r|cFFFE8A0EVacois Calls the dark fires of Hell, and puts that as a Curse Inside the Victim. The target receives Initial Damage. If the Target dies after 30 seconds, it will explode and Deal Dark damage to nearby Units whether they are friendly or Neutral or even Enemy.|r

"The Burning Hammer"
Mana cost: N/A
Damage: 30 x Abilty level
Extra Damage: 5 x Ability level
Description:
Valcois's Hammer is inflicted with fire that gives Valcois Extra damage. Also, on Attacks, Vacois has a 20% chance to Make an Explosion that deals minor but effective damage to nearby enemies.

|cFFFFCC00"The Burning Hammer"|n|r|cFFCB5634Mana cost: |r|cFFFE8A0EN/A|n|r|cFFCB5634Damage:|r|cFFFE8A0E 30 x Abilty level|n|r|cFFCB5634Extra Damage:|r|cFFFE8A0E 5 x Ability level|n|r|cFFCB5634Range of Explosion:|r|cFFFE8A0E 500|n|r|cFFCB5634Description:|n|r|cFFFE8A0EValcois's Hammer is inflicted with fire that gives Valcois Extra damage. Also, on Attacks, Vacois has a 20% chance to Make an Explosion that deals minor but effective damage to nearby enemies.|r

"Fire Sorroundings"
Mana cost: 40
Armor: 1.5 x Abilty level
Damage Reflected: 5%
Lasts: (Ability level x 10) + 30 Seconds
Description:
Valcois may cast a Shield around a Friendly unit, giving it Extra armor. Also, the Units under the Effect, Will reflect Melee damage to their Source.

|cFFFFCC00"Fire Sorroundings"|n|r|cFFCB5634Mana cost: |r|cFFFE8A0E40|n|r|cFFCB5634Armor:|r|cFFFE8A0E 1.5 x Abilty level|n|r|cFFCB5634Damage Reflected:|r|cFFFE8A0E 5%|n|r|cFFCB5634Lasts:|r|cFFFE8A0E (Ability level x 10) + 30 Seconds|n|r|cFFCB5634Description:|n|r|cFFFE8A0EValcois may cast a Shield around a Friendly unit, giving it Extra armor. Also, the Units under the Effect, Will reflect Melee damage to their Source.|r

I think it's a good idea that items have lore and history, spells on the other hand... no it would make them messy. The environment and storytelling can tell about them, if needed.

About those descriptions. I am not sure if all those stats lines will fit to the in game UI, have you checked it out?

Also, if they do, I'd recommend making them around same length.

For example you have

What bothers my eyes is that "Mana cost: 75" is a lot shorter than the others, making it harder to read on the other hand make the longer ones as short as possible. I'd recommend using this format:
Mana point cost: 75
Initial Damage: 100xAbility level
Explosion Damage: 20xAbility level
Explosion Range: 500

(Removing spaces is optional).

Also the other descriptions have something like this on stats:
Healing: (depending on the units in the range)100xAbility level.

This won't fit into the warcraft UI, it will force it to go to 2 rows I think. So I'd recommend putting these ( ) to the description, it will make the stats a lot easier to read. In stats, only use "Healing Amount: 1031031203910"

Level 13
Hey Demon Slayer20, I played you're map last week though I forgot to leave my comments and suggestions. I'm not really good at comments and suggestions but I'll state what I think about in your map. First is thing I notice is that some of the main characters there (especially the main hero) You've used a very detailed model, same as for the Orc boss. Looking at them doesn't fit wit the other units, but that was just me though. Second part is, you should improved the terrain a bit. Third, I don't know if this is very necessarily but I guess it is. A very nice synergy and unique set of skill will make the main hero fun to play.

I hope it helps you XD

Level 17
I think it's a good idea that items have lore and history, spells on the other hand... no it would make them messy. The environment and storytelling can tell about them, if needed.

About those descriptions. I am not sure if all those stats lines will fit to the in game UI, have you checked it out?

Also, if they do, I'd recommend making them around same length.

For example you have

What bothers my eyes is that "Mana cost: 75" is a lot shorter than the others, making it harder to read on the other hand make the longer ones as short as possible. I'd recommend using this format:
Mana point cost: 75
Initial Damage: 100xAbility level
Explosion Damage: 20xAbility level
Explosion Range: 500

(Removing spaces is optional).

Also the other descriptions have something like this on stats:
Healing: (depending on the units in the range)100xAbility level.

This won't fit into the warcraft UI, it will force it to go to 2 rows I think. So I'd recommend putting these ( ) to the description, it will make the stats a lot easier to read. In stats, only use "Healing Amount: 1031031203910"

I'm sure Demon_Slayer20 Would have figured that out already, right? If I didn't put spaces others would have put such comment as yours and say: "Why didn't you put space?"

Maybe Like This:

Is this better now?

Healing Amount: 1031031203910

W00t?

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
I'm sure Demon_Slayer20 Would have figured that out already, right? If I didn't put spaces others would have put such comment as yours and say: "Why didn't you put space?"

Maybe Like This:

Is this better now?

W00t?

Yes that also helps.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I didn't read any comments above this due to exams, so I'll reply to everyone later, but for now I have something to announce.

KANARAC'S NOTICE IN PUBLIC INTEREST
On 17th July 2015, A voting poll will be added to this thread that will contain descriptions for spells and ultimates.
To be more specific, I have ideas for a fire ultimate spell and a fire non - ultimate spell.

You have to vote for your preferred spell in the campaign.
I'll code the spell that gets the highest number of votes.
Every member of hive will have 2 vote: one for an ultimate and the other for a non ultimate.
The players can contribute to the selection of 2 of the campaigns spells by voting on the poll on 17th.

Until then, feel free to add more ideas to this thread, so I can add them to the poll :as:
(Needless to say, this will earn you a spot in the game's credits section)

Then there's Eternal Flames as spell :D

Eternal Flames said:
Ignite enemies in a huge radius from a central spot with hellish flames, dealing x damage per second and burn them for y second dealing z damage. In addition, the spell increases any damage taken by f, cancels healing by m amount/% and degenerate their mana by n per second. to it's victims as long as they're burnt.

And again, this one should be quite familiar for some people.

EDIT :
Heavenly Circle of Fire said:
Creates a ray of light focused at the center, after a w second delay, the ray explodes dealing s damage. Any unholy being hit by this spell also loss c vision, x health in pure damage, and slowed by k%

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Guys, Guys, Guys !!
I'm done with my tests!
After 8 days, I am working on this once again.
Huge thanks to the following members for contributing to the idea factory for Kanaraci campaign:

1. Arad MNK
2. Daffa the Mage
3. Chaosy
4. Remixer

Now here are the spells list you need to vote on :

ULTIMATE SPELL POLL [FIRE]
Starting with the ultimate, the first spell :

icons_595_btn.jpg

Spirit Of Fire

Valcois has the essence of fire running through his veins. Whenever his health dips below 30%, his inner vitality kicks in. Health regeneration increases by 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 % of max hp each second, and he burns all enemies near him for 10/15/20/25/30 damage per second until his health reaches 75 %.
Manacost: N/A
Cooldown: 40
Type :Passive
Target: No target
AoE : 325

2 :
icons_7791_btn.jpg

Blazing Chaos

Valcois sacrifices 20% of his current health to spawn a massive maelstrom. The maelstrom deals pure damage to all units near Valcois and stuns them for 1.25 seconds if they are under the dillema buff. If any affected unit is under Burn, then it will take 15 damage per second for 5 seconds.

Manacost: 90
Cooldown: 60
Type: Active
Target: No target
AoE: 425
Hotkey : R

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Note that the list is incomplete, and I will keep updating it. :as:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

No that is CoD advance warfare reference. And I will change the name to Blazing Chaos anyway. :)

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

HELP.
I am facing a critical problem with this campaign.
I don't know what happened, but my the CH1 map doesn't load at all.
When I click the button, the screen goes all blank ! :(

All I did was a few minor changes and some tweaks to the combat system. D:
Any help is greatly appreciated, and I'll name a character/item after the user who helps me solve this ;-;

Level 17
What Daffa said is 100% true, the second line also.

Specially, Map previews, wrong Spell tooltips (They are buggy if you place wrong references), JASS Spell (dunno why, personal experience), Loading screens (Some are buggy) or even an update on you PC? Did you use any optimizer? Answer ALL my questions for your own sake :D
I Experienced them all, and Also I solved them All (?).

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

@AradMNk, The answer all those are no.
Yes, I imported a loading screen. I don't think it's because of that, as the loading screen was blank while loading before the problem occurred. :(

EDIT: Oh yeah, there was a new tooltip and a real value set to -1, let me check...

Level 17
What I mean from tooltip is This: (a Problem solved by Wietlol in WEHZ not long ago)
You have used the normal Arcane Vault as default building to sell your items.
That Arcane Vault sells an item called "Orb of Fire".
The "Text - Tooltip - Extended (utub)" of that Orb of Fire contains "<AIfb,DataA1>"
which refers to 'DataA1' of the object 'AIfb'.
Object 'AIfb' is the ability "Item Attack Fire Bonus".
So this will directly load the data from that item and place that value inside that tooltip.

However... here is your problem.
When creating custom data, your editor does not look if the rawcode of your new object is already used.
What happened is that you probably created another object using the same rawcode and it tries to load 'DataA1' from that object.
Now that that other object doesnt have an 'DataA1', it crashes the game as soon as your Arcane Vault is placed on the map.

I couldnt find the second object that had that rawcode, but the easiest solution is to find your "Orb of Fire" item in the Miscellaneous folder and replace "<AIfb,DataA1>" with "5" (which is the default value which you also use there).

ID Conflicts are a Pain in a*s.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

It's nothing similar to that, so it must be the real value.
I'll check out and get backt to you guys tomorrow.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

THE CRASH HAS BEEN PAAATCHED!

YAYAYYAYAY!!!! The problem is fixed!!!
Lesson learned: Always use version control.

So what happened was I renamed a variable for the Pyro Blast Ability.
But at the end of the cast trigger, there was a custom script that had the old variable name.
JNGP didn't spot any error, So I decided to open it with the WE.

Then WE detected the error and boom!! Problem solved.

About time I post the updates.
(Green = done and red = todo, yellow = semi done)

Kanaraci campaign's current state:

1. Create a multiboard with 4 rows and 10 columns that keeps track of almost everything.
2. Create a Critical Stat.
3. Create a Bash Stat.

4. Create an Evasion Stat.
5. Create a Magic Damage Stat.

6. Terrain.
7. Fix the flame-bird missile issue.
8. Fix the interact issue.

9. Improve Boss AI.
10. Balance the gameplay.
11. More quests.
12. Alchemy system.

13. Fishing system.
14. More custom items.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

A small update to let everyone know this game isn't dying anytime soon:as:
I just have less time to commit these days (thanks to school).
Keep posting if you have any ideas / criticism / suggestions / thoughts etc.

Credits and a characters list with the latest terrain screens (with WoW tiles) coming soon !

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Until you have great doodads, WoW Tiles isn't needed.

Can u link me some doodads? I have only found 3 so far.

Anyways, I hope this NEVER, EVER, FOREVER Dies!
It never will. :D

Here's a screenshot update :

242951-albums8263-picture100106.png

242951-albums8263-picture99547.png

242951-albums8263-picture99518.png

How do you feel about the new terrain?

EDIT : THESE ARE OUTDATED DUE TO THE NEW MULTIBOARD SYSTEM AND BOSS SCREENS.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

demon_slayer20 said:
Can u link me some doodads ? I have only found 3 so far.
Hm, Hive hasn't many doodads for barrens, sadly.

Try searching on xgm.guru, ChaosRealm, wc3c.net, wcunderground.com and wc3rus.
Trust me, if you search these sites, your hardware is full after downloading a lot of stuff, as they have awesome models for all purposes.
You just need to take a lot of time...

Maybe try xgm.guru first, I recall they have barrens models.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

@Ardenian, thanks I will search on xgm.ru now. :as:

@Remixer, I did read that post but forgot to reply. Excuse my forgetfulness. However, I couldn't make that Tree transformation to flower / Bush trick work.

Thanks for those great ideas, BTW. :)

@Everyone,
Chapter one will now have 3 boss fights. The third is currently undisclosed and will continue to be so until the first alpha release.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I want you guys' opinion on something.
Remember the stat point system in my campaign?
I was wondering if I should remove it and replace the lumber with honor.
Honor is a WIP system in the campaign anyway, but to check your honor you need to open the multiboard now, which feels like clunky UX.

All the stats now will be upgraded by level up and items(Critical, Bash, Block, Str, Agi, Int, Magic damage, Magic resistance etc.)

So do you think I should continue with this change or let the things be the way they are?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, if Honour isn't something you need to check often, then I would not make it the lumber display. I guess you spend more stat points than Honour, so I would prefer that lumber is for stats and the Honour is displayed in the multi board.

Another solution would be to create different multiboards you can switch between, like in Naruto Castle Defense or Gaia's ORPG. Then they wouldn't be big and you could simply let them being displayed.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

No, I mean entirely remove the stat system.
The custom stats now will be gained by lvl up and items.
What do you think ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, it would prevent a customization of the player.

I would say, depends on the items. If you create basic custom stats for the hero that are improved depending on certain factors, then items could emphasize certain custom stats, like high-critical items or evasion items and such.

It would make the whole thing more simple, maybe not a bad idea for a campaign.
Yes, I think it is a good idea to make the custom stats depending on lvl up and items.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Does anyone know whether the evasion spell of the demon hunter or the hardened skin of the mountain giant in wc3 stack ?

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Triggering the evasions as remixer says will surely work but that will take a lot of time to work on especially with this campaign....

I already have a CSS and damage modification system but how do I use them fo block attacks ???

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Well... I will have to ask someone for help with evasion as I think I need to know jass to use CSS or DDS in order to block attacks unless I discover that hardened skin or evasion stacks....

But I will never give up on the evasion stat. Nev

Level 17
Yup !!

Try Learning JASS, (As I am Currently doing for My own Full-screen Inventory) And After 5 Years, you don't even know what is JASS.

Anyways, Learning JASS breaks a lot of limits. It's an Asphalt Highway with thousands of Turns, as GUI is A cobble but Straight Path.

Too much Philosophy Used on the Sentence !!
For two weeks all Schools closed.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I can write JASS, but man... this scripting language isn't easy on me with it's semantics.
I must pray for evasion or hardened skin to stack,or JASS is the only way forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.