• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worms Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Omfg i am out for 2 days and this thread suddenly bursts, i'm so freaking unlucky, anyways thanks for the offer panther but we already are a hosted project on war 3 creations. About teh statue idea amazing dude but a little hard to make in the deadline you said, i'm happy hawk has come back and has given a new burst of life this project, now i see the reason i call him my leader ;).About the spells i can't help you hawk since that's not jass, it's vjass and i REALLY think we should make our own spells, and if we overstep the deadline and we can't make them, we use those.

Level 10
Guys, first of all I can try working on the vJass part of these spells cause I think that if you cant even mod them Luthion it will be much harder making these ones at least. Anyway we will check it later. Velmie ok about the loading screen. Now I want to inform that I lack the time to work on the map and I will try my best but I dont have the time I want currently but I promise to finish my part whenever I can.

Level 7
Not just the variables, WEU made the map bugged and i had too use a 20 line jass trigger to replace a 1 line GUI trigger because of it, please DONT use WEU more.

Level 10
Ok, dont use WEU but anyways we dont need extra tiles for now. We may need some more tiles later on but we will find out then. We will probably need an enchanted editor for some extra things so find a good one for the whole team to use. Velm find one that suits you and link it here plz!

Level 10
Sorry guys for being inactive but unfortunately my computer was screwed lately. I had to reinstall Windows and I lost tons of files. Yeah, I know, I am just useless here sometimes but it is just one delay. I, hopefully, will start off again tomorrow with everything I made before this and this time I will get a backup in my USB flash drive to make sure there is no problem. Let's hope that we can make it till Sunday. Then holidays for me!

Level 10
GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hello again and I am really sorry for not informing about my holidays but.... my computer was screwed again before I went on holiday. I will be working on the project very soon again but I will need some time to make things right. Sorry for the delay. It is absolutely my fault. So we start from where we left off and hope to finish it quickly. Anyone who is going on holiday could just drop me a PM or a post here. Sorry again team! I will start right away tomorrow morning and do my best to have my parts finished in no time! :S :S :S :thumbs up:

EDIT!!! : Well I am back and I run all things simultaneously. I need smeone to run over the spells and scripts after I have them finished. I allready made two more Wrath Spells and I am ready to move on a little further with the rest three. I am also putting things in my house back to order so be patient. I will try to have all the things I must make ready by Sunday, so that we can have the map ready for the last parts of triggering, items making and then Alpha Test. The question is: ARE WE GOING TO HAVE THIS PROJECT FINISHED TILL THE END OF SUMMER??? I hope yes! :p

EDIT 2: If everything is ok I will have the Wrath Spells done by tonight and probably I will add a few items today or tomorrow. I need a list of the standard worm weapons I havent added in the previous version that was uploaded, please Velm or someone do this. Luth if you arent here I wish you a good holiday. I am doing my best to finish my part in the map. Also tell me what else I have to do or has to be done in general guys cause I am really rusty (long time no see!)!!!

EDIT 3 (and still going): OK I am working but that means also changes so many of the Wrath spells have been changed a little or a lot to make it easier and lighter for the system to perform and also to have less triggers for them.

EDIT 4: One more wrath spell done and one more to go. Then items. If I get to work the wohle day tomorrow my part will be finished!!!! (At least I can cover some things quickly)

EDIT 5 (not last one probably): All wrath spells finished. Now I will make a couple of items (no more than 5 I fear) and then take out the candlefires! Haha! Ok I can look again on the birght side. The problem is that I have lost vital data from my computer and I could use a post with the all the resources links or someone to import the resources after I resend the map. Really tough, I know, but my computer wont start working smoothly in no time and as time goes by I need to work as well. I also have to take care of my house and things, meet my friends etc. so my time will be screwed up and I will have a lot of pressure, BUT the project is the first on my list!

EDIT 6: One item added but I havent got more time. Ok overall progress of today:
5 new spells - all wrath spells ok
1 new item - first level 5 item (lifesteal item)

I am planning to make two whole shops' items tomorrow so that we have level 5 items shop, level 10 items shop and recipers to level 15 etc.
Also I will be starting the ultimates for the map to proceed to the finals. I need the loading screen and what will be used there. I will be making a slideshow tonight if I get 10 minutes to send it as a small trailer. If someone could make it into a video it would be good!

Last edited:
Level 10
Ok, Velm enjoy the rest of your days on holiday and when you are back you will start working again. I will have finised some things hopefully till then so we will be able to work on the rest of things. Enjoy your holiday man and get your batteries filled 1000%!!!

Level 15
You didn't answer my question:
"I need to give you the list of the standard weapons?
Oh I'm on holiday too. I'm coming back the day after tomorow."
And a holiday on the seasde is the most borring thing I can think of.
BTW giros pita is great!

Level 10
Hey hey hey holiday near sea IS boring but it is refreshing at least. Giros Pita is my favorite food you know. I absolutely love it!
About the question - you have to give me the list of the rest weapons we havent added vause it has been weeks since I last "wormed" and if you could, send me the models that fit the skills if we have custom ones. I will be uploading the slideshow for the trailer so that someone could make it into youtube format!

Follow the instructions to view the slideshow and tell me what you think of it. Anyone who can make it into a format supported by youtube and uploaded will receive a cookie :p (I mean +rep obviously)!

Attachments

• Trailer Slideshow.rar
    7.8 MB · Views: 137
Level 10
Ok link it here when it is uploaded. I have barely done some items cause I had a lot of things to do lately but I promise to move on a little today. The fact is that the project is active again and the trailer says Autumn 2008 which means much more time for us to work! :p

Level 7
Cool project, though i was expecting it to be more like worms, yah know turn by turn shooter, with alterable terrain. Right now to me it's kinda like an AoS with worm models.

Ooo but the army thing is cool.

Level 7
Hello, i'm back from my holidays and umm i see this is not dead yet, i can help with anything but tomorrow since it's 1 am here and i'm going to sleep see ya, good luck ^^!

Status
Not open for further replies.