• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worms Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i'm a bummer, because my computer is loading 15 mins to start, beacuse i cant open any internet pages from this computer, exept a few, like the hive, google, and because i cant work while popups come out and tell me i'm infected, i'm sorry, there is nothink i can do about it, exept to reinstall my OS, what i will do today, as i cant seem to delete the viruses.

Level 7
Bugs fixed, reuploading

UI.png

Some colors are wrong and bottom middle is really scratchy, everything else is a masterpiece =)

Level 10
I am back here guys... Sorry for being offline for that long, but I am overloaded. I cant work much more on the map. I will import the UI if I find some time today and then I will upload the map for you to continue working. I will be back on the project in a bout a month or so cause of exams but I will be online whenever possible. Hope we will progress enough to have it ready for summer holidays!

Here's the map. Work on it and upload frequently! I will check it and comment whenever I can!!! Good luck team!

Attachments

• WORMS WITH CUSTOM UI.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Level 7
Hawk what do you want us to do?YOu are just saying "work on the map" we dont know what to do! anyways im gonna import the new models and upload the map.

Attachments

• WORMS leaks fixed, models imported.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
Level 10
Ok, you are right Luth... Ok today is Sunday, I will have some time online... I want you to make some skills for the armory for each of the weapons to resemble the ones in the normal game, make the victory conditions like in every AoS, make the worm satue model, improve the terrain of the team bases, fix any problems with triggers etc. and make more items with skills. Dont make ultimate skills, I will do this when I am finsihed with my exams or after I end with some hard parts and I will be taking exams on maths, that I wont study at all. I will get one day to make the ultimate skills and tell you what triggereing may be needed!

Level 7
I don't even know what the armory is since you always said you wee making the skills for it but never said what it was, anyways I'll make the victory conditions and upload.
Uploaded

Attachments

• WORMS leaks fixed, models imported.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
Level 7
Great Statue!!!! adding models, will upload map in a second
Uploaded

Attachments

• WORMS statue and ui updated.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
Level 5
nice looking map, how far is it from being finished.
btw great models lord t rex
what model have you got left to make

Level 9
The UI is fixed and the statue is made.

Wow, DarkHunter... That is actually very dissapointing.. =/

The reason? I used 2 min. with the worm statue model and got its filesize down to 49kb. that's 3/10 of the current filesize! And i'm not even done with decreasing the filesize.. =/

Sorry if i sound harsh but it's for your own best =/

Level 7
mmm upload it and we'll see if it keeps the quality, if it does then well use it with darkhunter's permission of course , and not everyone is like you, so please tell us what you did to reduce filesize so we can apply it in further jobs, thank you.

I tryed to reduce the size. It worked a lot better then i expected. I uploaded the new version of the statue. About the UI, i might remake it when summer vacation cames, i know i could of done better... I just don't have the time right now.

The barracks file size is reduced a bit.

Attachments

• WormStatue3.mdx
    42.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Worms Barracks.mdx
    30.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Level 9
I tryed to reduce the size. It worked a lot better then i expected. I uploaded the new version of the statue. About the UI, i might remake it when summer vacation cames, i know i could of done better... I just don't have the time right now.

The barracks file size is reduced a bit.

good for a second i thought i had to learn you. I'll maybe take a look at the new statue and see if you forgot to remove something.. Tomorow.

Level 7
Umm idk what to do man, does that mean i must make the skills from now on? Then ok i have some time now gonna get to it but i am AWFULL but i really mean AWFULL at balancing!What you want me to do?
Hawk can you make a list of the armory skills? so i can seee wich i have to put in the spellbook, also how do you want the spellbook to be? Name, tooltip etc.

Level 10
Ok team, I only have 2,5 weeks with exams and I am full of new ideas for the map... Now I haven't got any time and all the time I have I spend it with some friends... The testing team is getting bigger thank you all for the support... The map wont take too much till it is ready... I will just make a review form here for the team that will be testing so that when the Alpha Version is finished you can make a review right away!!!

Review form (Fill all fields as described below)
Name:
Co-testers:
Date of test(s):
Player number in each of the games played:
Hero(es) Used:
Problem(s) found:
General review:
Suggestions:
Replay:
Please wirte down the date and time of each game you played if possible
Player number is the color number (e.g. red is 1, blue is 2 etc.) - Just wirte the color you had if you dont know the number (this field is necessary though it isnt too important)
Heroes used is what Heroes you used in each game(include style if possible)
Write down porblems you encountered with as many details as possible...
General review on the map and your experience (not more than 20 lines)
Suggestions are always appreciated and mostly by a testing team :p
If you have a replay and you are able to upload it in some viewable format (replay format for warcraft, video format or video on some site etc.) just give us a link to watch it.

Level 7
Hawk if you could just say your new ideas and what we have to do please?If you have any ideas tell me to implement in the map.

Level 15
What happened? No new posts? Oh come on, I have a bet with Mince this thread will reach 100 pages!
And no Mince is not my secondary profile, I'm teaching the guy to work in WE.
~BUMP~

Level 7
Lol
i have nothing to do. result=i do nothing -.-
i doubt 100 pages, you probably lost your bet xD

Status
Not open for further replies.