• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worms Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Today i can make some triggers and fix bugs/leaks i find so if anyone could send me the up-to-date map i could do something!

Level 10
Hey Luthion I will upload in about 1 and half hour is it ok? If you have the time to make me the style system after the Hero dies to readd style to the respawned Hero and also make me the bunkers system ok? I will first do some things! Dont make any changes in Object Editor as far as this concerns my part in it and if you need to make any skills and abilities you are free, but dont change the ones I made, cause I made these after many calculations ok?

The icons will work now I suppose, gonna check this, the model is perfect and more useful than before. Good job team!

100 posts and we reach 1 thousand!

EDIT: The DISBTNs work, thx for all the help Velm and sorry for the trouble but it was much more important than anything. The model looks great but the only porblem I have now is that the wisps spin at different times between worms, which is a little funny, but not a real problem. I mean they are not synchronised, but there is no way to fix this and it is not bad at all. They are just enough to help you know whose worms are the ones you see. Luthion, is it ok with the map? I need to add some more things cause I havent done much today and I need to fix the icons now.

Also T-Rex can you make a banana bomb? I only need this probably!
Velm I need icons of dynamite (BTN, DISBTN). When will they be ready?

Level 10
Ok, Velm I asked for dynamite icons. Will it take long for you to make? And Lord-T-Rex can you make me a banana bomb?

EDIT: The worm model is..... errr.... uhmmm... more than I imagined. It is a lot better version of the old one and the filesize hasnt grown at all. I love it and it will look very good when there are about 10 players in the middle lane pushing each other!

93 more now!

EDIT 2: I also need icons and model of Gas Canister. Damn too many requests eh? I need these like hell!

Level 7
Well it's a big map so it has many requests, upload the map soon and don't forget to protect the zip file!And make the skills with the bonus you want in the bunkers, since the object editor is your part as you say :)
Edit: Anyone here knows stick? YOu know the little stick black figures known worldwide that like to kill each other with massive destruction weapons?

Level 10
Yes, I wont make the effects I want just make me the triggers and you will make the towers give deviotion aura buff with 15 extra armor to the guys inside ok? I have one buff and things called armor, just copy and remake it with 15 armor bonus. I will make some things and then upload. Then offline to go to an internet cafe with my friends for DotA
!

I will upload in a sec! I havent done too many things the last days but I have many more things running so I cant work a lot. I will upload. Luthion you must make:
Style after the hero respawns
Bunkers
Trees respawning when destroyed after 50 seconds!!!

That's all!

Here it is!

Attachments

• Worms started making the armory and some more things.rar
    1 MB · Views: 34
Level 7
I'm back gonna start on the systems now
Edit:Removed all leaks in Style system, now gonna make the tasks you told me to.
edit2: its gonna take some hours, i have been working for 30 minutes and my computer has already crashed twice.
edit3: Removed some more leaks, style after respawn made, be back in like half an hour!
Edit4: i'm back and itll take much more time since i will have to make a diasbled spellbook! and i don't know how to.Unless you want the icon to appear in the abilities of the hero.which is a little stupid.
Done uploading in a sec.
I was bored again so:
SomeUnits.png

Attachments

• Worms started making the armory and some more things.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Level 7
To make a passive ability that doesn't show up the icon or take up slots you must put it inside a disabled spellbook, download the map and you'll see what i mean.

Level 7
No i did it already, i just said it would take some time but it's done!It's just that without a disbled spellbook an icon would appear as a skill in the unit! and that is not pretty and it's not good, since that may occur some serious bugs from there!

Level 10
Ok, so you did it then, right?

Btw I need an icon for Petrol Bomb, I have model that is used!

So to summarise:
I need icons for Dynamite, Gas Canister, Petrol Bomb, Viking Axe.
And models for Gas Canister and Banana Bomb.

When will they be ready guys? I am not in a hurry, but it seems like the armory will grow big enough to hold these as well!

Level 7
I wasn't able to do the trees revival system, because i think it's impossible since there's no Destructible Killed event that checks all destructibles.

Level 10
Sorry, Luthion. I probably need some things to be made in the object editor first. I know this sounds selfish but we havent got any choice till the armory is done. I will let you do the Ultimate skills when I am finished, I mean I will make them in the objecteditor but they will be triggered. Ok? It will take me about 2-3 dyas more. Till then you can find some good spells to import in Jass from the spells section...

Level 15
Sorry my comp was off. I'll send you the icons in about 10 to 20 mins(if something doesnt go wrong).
I found way better icons, It might take a while till I convert them.
Here they are:View attachment 27944
Gotta go ofline, cya tomorow.

Last edited:
Level 10
They look much much much much better but there is one missing - the sheep (if I am not blind there's not one):p!!! It is not that important but we could use one...
Also I am expecting the models from T-Rex. And not very high quality.

P.S. Not all icons will be used but most of them will!

Level 7
No work for me? ok then back to boredom, gonna Try doing something usefull like learning jass a little more or VB.

Level 10
Ok, I havent got any time to work on the map this week. Our progress will not move upwards this week, but I am expecting some things from you and I will make some items whenever I get to have time. I will post whenever I am able to. (Also on 8th May I will be totally offline - school trip)! Ok guys lets hope the models will be made till Friday and evetything will be ok so we only need the Ultimate skills, some minor bug fixes, loading screen and to finish the armory.

Level 7
He said This:
Our progress will not move upwards this week
SO i guess that's a "no work for you" phrase, so go ahead and finish the campaign, im' here to help if ya need!

Level 15
That campaign will certanly take more than a week. I think I will have a job for you. I just need to get to that mission. I've uploaded a cinematic if youre interested?

Level 10
Ok, guys you can work on the campaign. I will take some time making things in the map and if I need some help I will ask you. I am too pressured these days and when the exams come I will be more pressured and more offline. So I must finish my work as soon as I can...

Level 10
The UI is progressing, but it seems I am not. I have only done 3-4 new items by now and I doubt I will have time to make all the things we need. I will try but I have too little time lately and also tomorrow I will be totally offline cause I will be on school trip. Though we can go to internet cafe in the afternoon and I may get online for about 5 mins just to check and post. Dont expect much but let's hope everything will be ok...

Level 7
Umm depends where you put it, if it's in the end of the post it's probably a note, but something off-topic

Level 9
Though already stated, P.S means or could meen Post Scriptum or something like that, latin for... well I dont know, post is after and scriptum I belive is related to writing ah well. Oh and sry if I sound selfish but for the UI would you by any chance have read my tutorial over at wc3campaigns. It's for importing UI's but I just thought... ah who cares.

Level 7
Umm thread seems good but has many errors and some more grave, i can fix them if you give me the posts code.You can send it trough Skype

Status
Not open for further replies.