• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worms Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
The models are great. I added them in the map. Nice UI DarkHunter.
EDIT: I forgot to tell you. Make a smoke model too. But with darker borders.

The fire effect is great! The others are easy to make, but not for everybody. Anyway, if the team name will be Riders of the Apocalypse, then see the image i uploaded.

cooltext86962967.gif

Level 10
List Of Things To Do Before Alpha - Read All!!!

Guys I just downloaded the map. I am gonna make some improvements and possibly make the Hero armory spellbook (y'know grenades and all the stuff). I will make some more items if I have time. I have made a list of things we need to do before Alpha. Here it is:

LIST OF THINGS TO DO
1. Add the tank to the spawning system.
2. Make the bunkers work.
3. Add the custom unit Icons Velm made.
4. Add the weaponry Icons Velm made.
5. Make the ultimate skills.
6. Make sudden Death effect.
7. Make the rest items fro levels 5,10,15.
8. Make victory conditions.
9. Add loading screen.
10. Make the Hero Armory.

If you guys find more tell me!

Look Here
cooltext86987544.gif

Attachments

• cooltext86987894.jpg
    cooltext86987894.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 2,764
  • cooltext86988010.gif
    cooltext86988010.gif
    91.9 KB · Views: 2,600
  • cooltext86988030.gif
    cooltext86988030.gif
    75.8 KB · Views: 2,660
Last edited:
Level 10
Ok, but what can we use it for? Guys I am sorry to say but I havent progressed at all today and I wont cause I have to go visit my grandparents later in the afternoon and right now I need to study. Till now I was to my best friend's place so I cant progress at all, but I promise all the job will be done in time. Hunter I need the UI till I upload as well as the models we will use as Frozen Throne nad World Tree, the monuments.

Level 10
Good idea, can you make a Worm Statue? Like the Mountain King Statue but with a worm. And make it's hands show up somehow. You can use the Worm model Lord-T-Rex made to help you make the worm outline. And not too many details just make it big enough to take about as much as a pyramid would take!

I will work on the map cause we are not going to my grandparents today probably tomorrow or some other day. So expect some changes made.

NOTE: Can anyone give me a BBcode faction to Hide Reveal some things in the first page? I would appreciate this a lot.

Level 10
kk now check the first post. It is easily overviewable and people can see te progress easily. Not just roll and roll till they find the last screenshots. I will start working now. And I will update first post on what we have made!

I already did some things like making the spawning system create tanks and add some custom icons. I will make one more unit the shotgun worm but later on.

830th post lol where will this thread end? And who will read the whole thread? OMG!

One more thing in the to-do-list is making the animation of spellcasting look like something normal not punch as it now is - I will probably add to it the slam effect or so...

How much time will the UI take?

Last edited:
Level 15
We'll go over 1k I can guarantee you that. I found some nice fonts:View attachment 27633
DarkHunter did 2/3 of UI it should be done fast. I didnt knew that you havent added the icons to the map.
I dont think that you will be happpy with maps size when we add everything. If it is desperate, use the black32 for all DISBTNs.

Last edited:
Level 10
Ok I wasnt expecting it under 1MB, but under 3MB. I hope it gets about 2,5-3MB in the end. If more we will have problems. Now the most important thing is advertising it so that people learn of it. Like DotA does, we must become important in the world of warcraft3 custom maps. It doesnt matter how good or bad a map is as far as people know of it and its problems. DotA has thousands of bugs and thousands of people play it. What's the difference if our map is well advertised and all things are tested so we have 0-20 bugs in total?

no, before compleating the map, all bugs shoud be deleted... MS windows has a few bugs, which make me crazy, but still a lot of pople use it.
About the UI-its 2/5 made, and i had to fix a few problems whit it, that is why i'm starting 3/5 now.

EDIT: 3/5 ready. Its the UI cover, when you select a unit that has no inventory, this will appear instead of an inventory.

Attachments

• HumanUITile03-TeamColor.png
    HumanUITile03-TeamColor.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 79
Level 10
Another prophet of disaster... who says the ship is lost...

I wont say a thing more. I know that it wont reach dota but it is worth a try to put all the most popular genres in one map, mix them and this is it - a worms map with footmen, dota and herocraft in it. Plus it is something completely new and the terrain totally rocks as well as the gameplay will.

And I want to point out that we are not making a DotA Worms map but a Worms map with all the needed systems to make it unique.

The UI is perfect. Good job! Move one as fast as you can, it is lovelier than before and this adds a lot of color to the game in my opinion.

Level 9
Another prophet of disaster... who says the ship is lost...

Prophet of Disaster? I'm not saying that this map sucks, infact, i look forward to see the end result. I just told you so you won't fell bad if there's not going to be worldwide championships in this game.

Also, no map will ever reach 10% of Dota, believe me. Half of the games hosted are DotA and there's championships in DotA etc.

Level 10
The map cant support them anyway so this doesnt make any sense. I doubt that the map can suppot about 500 worms all round there, that's why we are Alpha Testing. And also I think that the most popular maps are overloaded somehow and all newbiesare kicked from games so there are people who say I am pro I am n00b etc. but a map with enough popularity to be played from some people on Bnet like this attracts n00bs that wanna play and are kicked and pros that want some change so it may attract many players and it will just make some n00bs get pros and some pros get n00bs, right? The more challenging it gets this way the more people will play it and the map will become more well-known. And posting videos on YouTube can give us a ton of comments and many ideas and suggestions but it can also lead to the project's corruption cause some people may convince others that it sucks. I think that we cant judge the map till it gets to Beta at least!

RolePlaynGamer: wc3 wow may reach 150% of dota if it is compleated in online play

EDIT: The worm statue model, i need the premmision of Lord-T-REx to modify his model. I think that for a statue its too detailed, i may try to make my own worm, but i douth it will be good. In both cases i will need to make a new texture, as there are no textures in warcraft which will fit the statue

Level 9
I'll will repeat myself: Don't have to high expatations. I'm not saying this map sucks. Actually, I look forward to see the end result.

And yea, but don't have to high expactations of your maps.

If you have to high expatations of your christmas presents, and you get none, then you would be sad, wouldn't you? But if you didn't have any expatations of your presents, you won't be sad.

Level 10
Ok, move one. Hunter ask T-Rex and about the skin it will be grey or silver I think no need to make it colored. Check the models list Velm uploaded some pages ago and see how the Mountain King statue look like. We want something like this.

Level 7
dudes ive been gone 1 day and a half and 3 more pages were filled with posts o_O anyways check the war3 creations post, someone has said he wants to be tester!

Level 10
Ok, Luthion got it! Gonna check it! Tell him/her to tell us here in THW and if he/she can sign up would be better. We need to have the whole team in one site. Ok?
I will continue my work after I do some work for school (gonna take me 30mins r less)! I need the UI and probably we will need some triggers to make the Hero Armory spells probably.

Level 15
Guys dont request anything from me in next 2 days. I'm on holiday. I'm on the other comp.
DarkHunter, I dont think that worms 3d logo is suitable for the non-item units.
Make something original.

Status
Not open for further replies.