• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Warcraft (WoW) plot on the Warcraft III engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Are there any other campaigns transferring the plot to the game available? This thread was made to clarify this issue. In addition to those presented on the site I've found:

[Completed with the patch 1.27b] 1. Shadows of Hatred (Burning Crusade, DLC #1) - Shadows of Hatred v1.4
[Completed with combination of 1.26a+1.27b from mission 10] 2. Rise of the Blood Elves (Burning Crusade, DLC #1). - Rise of the Blood Elves v3.0
[Completed with 1.27b] 3. Curse of the Forsaken (Wrath of the Lich King, DLC #2) - Curse of the Forsaken v3.0.1

4. Tides of War ("Pandaria before the throne of thunder", as one guy said; Mists of Pandaria, DLC #4) - Tides of War 2.0. There a sequel also was planned, but never was finished.
* 5. Even Death may die (beta version available only; Battle for Azeroth, DLC #7) - [Campaign] - Even Death may die.
?. Same author have planned to do an Legion related one, DLC #6, but it's never gone further that the idea and concept as I can say.

In total now we have campaigns that +/- somehow cover "3,5" of the 8 DLCs available.

Last edited:
Level 7
I make some multiplayer melee maps where the races are re-skined to match the clasic WoW era.

I am also in the process of rebalancing the Tavern so the heroes sold match clasic WoW era as well.

This is like a side project I do for fun when I get nostalgic for WC3.

Sadly, I don't do campaigns, however, I left this comment thinking it may be of interest to you as well.

Last edited:
Level 34
Last edited:
Level 6
6. Legacy of Lordaeron covers Classic, The Burning Crudade (DLC #1), Wrath of the Lich King (DLC #2) and Cataclysm (DLC #3, new) from forsaken side.
7. Dawn of the Twilight Hammer covers Cataclysm (DLC #3) as well, but from the horde side.
but I still have a copy on my PC
@stein123, can you share a copy from your archive?

8. Chasing the Dawn covers Classic, The Burning Crudade (DLC #1), Wrath of the Lich King (DLC #2). It seems it might be count an a sort of opposite to the Curse of the Forsaken, I guess, i.e. similar to Shadows of Hatred Vs Rise of the Blood Elves.
9. Battle for Azeroth: War of Thorns Remastered covers Battle for Azeroth (DLC #7, new).
10. Ashbringer - Argent Book covers Classic.

Which leads to now 5 / 8 DLC are covered in one way or another. Warlords of Draenor (#5), Legion (#6), Shadowlands (#8) left.
wich covers the ashbringer comic
There are some campaigns exist that covers some books as well, but currently this topic mostly related to "regular" WoW plot. For those, who are interested in such one as well here is short list:

A. The Last Guardian. The story takes place during Warcraft I, revolves around Medivh and first war.
B. Day of the Dragon. Take a place between Warcraft II and III. Rescue of the dragon queen against the backdrop of various other events.
C. Lord of the Clans. Story of the youth Trall.

Warcraft I on engine of III - Warcraft : Humans, Warcraft : Orcs
II on engine of III - WCII - Tides of Darkness - Humans, orc campaign not available yet.

Meanhwile. Would be also interesting to figure out in which specific sequence it's the best to complete mentioned campaigns.

Rise of the Blood Elves (DLC #1) / Shadows of Hatred (DLC #1) -> Curse of the Forsaken (DLC #2) / Chasing the Dawn (Classic -> DLC #2) -> Legacy of Lordaeron (Classic -> DLC #3) / Dawn of the Twilight Hammer (Classic -> DLC #3) -> Tides of War (DLC #4) -> ... -> Battle for Azeroth: War of Thorns Remastered (DLC #7).

How such one looks like from a side few?

Last edited:
Level 6
Current full list of related campaigns. Only finished campaigns are included. 5/8 covered.

1. The Burning Crusade. 16.01.07.

[1.26a + 1.27b from mission 10] 1.1. Rise of the Blood Elves v3.0
[1.27b] 1.2. Shadows of Hatred v2.3.0 (Patch 1.30)

2. The Wrath of the Lich King. 13.11.08.

[1.27b] 2.1. Curse of the Forsaken v3.0.1
2.2.1. Fallen Hope - CtD (map, prequel)
[1.31.1] 2.2.2. Chasing the Dawn

3. Cataclysm. 7.12.10.

[1.31.1] 3.1. Legacy of Lordaeron v2.7
[1.27b] 3.2. Dawn of the Twilight Hammer (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W16hpirs02KV8KYjIsaYmbhxH5-NMrPQ/view?usp=sharing)

4. Mists of Pandaria. 25.09.12.

[1.27b] 4.1. Tides of War 2.0

5. Warlord of Draenor. 13.11.14.

6. Legion. 30.08.16.

7. Battle for Azeroth. 14.08.18.

[1.27b] 7.1. Battle for Azeroth: War of Thorns Remastered

8. Shadowlands. 27.10.20.

Last edited:
Level 6
@stein123: "Dawn of the Twilight Hammer, my favorite campaign".
Me, making notes how to pass & playing second, third and fourth missions on hard difficulty with extra weak orcs heroes / usual units vs 3 tough elfs, then 2 trolls and then 3 alliance with maxed out units:

DotTH_2_1.pngDotTH_2_2.pngDotTH_2_3.pngDotTH_2_4.pngDotTH_2_5.pngDotTH_2_6.png

Verdict - catapults and towers are ultimate weaponry. Reminds a bit a mission for blood elfs in original WC3 where on hard the only was to pass the mission was stick to tower rush.

DotTH_3_3.pngDotTH_3_4.pngDotTH_3_5.pngDotTH_3_6.pngDotTH_3_7.pngDotTH_3_8.pngDotTH_3_9.png

Act 3 and 4 has similiar structure to the Act 2. The direct approach is not an option. So. Classic tower rush for the Horde!

DotTH_4_1.pngDotTH_4_2.pngDotTH_4_3.pngDotTH_4_4.pngDotTH_4_5.pngDotTH_4_11.pngDotTH_4_13.png

Brown based took 3 attack to deal with. First buildings & workers, then hero & ground units, then finish last standing farm - 6 air units got on the beach defences.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.