1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Fallen Hope - CtD

Submitted by Elf_Lord
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

Do you hear me?

The year is 25 of the Lotharian Calendar, four years before the Crimson Dawn and the fall of New Avalon. High General Brigitte Abbendis leads the Scarlet Crusade's charge across the Plaguelands, leaving her daughter Lynnia as a ward of Lord Valdelmar, Duke of Tyr's Hand. But corruption lurks within as well as without, and on a bitter autumn evening, Scarlet Commander Marjhan and the High Wizard Arellas are called upon to join the High Abbot Landgren in a mission most secret and most dire...

Fallen Hero is a standalone Chasing the Dawn RPG-style mission that can be played solo or with a fellow Crusader, featuring the talents of many regular Chasing the Dawn cast members, as well as new characters. Brave the ancient crypts of Tyr's Hand, battle heroes of legend and dark champions alike, and claim victory for the Crusade!

Current Version: 1.01b

[​IMG]
Commander Marjhan

[​IMG]
High Abbot Landgren

[​IMG]
Arellas Fireleaf

[​IMG]
Valea Twinblades

[​IMG]
Baldric Valdelmar

[​IMG]
Dread-Father Diesalven

[​IMG]
Lynnia Abbendis

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Proper credits are at the end of the game. However, for the sake of completeness, here is a list of all contributors.
Bob Feeser
Jakob Walsh
Kayla Leko
Caroline Darwin
Sasha Aronson
HolyAcorn
Tiffany Witcher
Bill Shullenberger
PaladinsAreLoud
Seer
Ner'zhull
Ofel
Serana Dawnsinger
takacukasa
Mr.Goblin
Murlocologist
PeeKay
Daenar7
shockwave
Pins
CRAZYRUSSIAN
CreatorD3292
NFWar
JollyD
The D3ath
Edge45
l3ackDeath
CloudWolf
Elf
~Nightmare
nightelfbuilder
PrinceYaser
Sin'dorei300
GhostThruster
Scias
Hadeis
67chrome
Heinvers
Peacegetter
HerrDave
Mythic
Ujimasa Hojo
HappyTauren
A.R.
Tarrasque
Dmitry Rommel
Stefan.K
armel
kangyun
Sellenisko
acolyteofdoom
Direfury
Mephestrial
Kitabatake
WhiteDeath
Asssssvi
PROXY
Dionesiist
Skipper
General Frank
-Grendel
Himperion

Follow our project!
https://discord.gg/nuh8egv
Chasing the Dawn
Previews
Contents

Fallen Hope - CtD (Map)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
Map appears to be functional & doesn't break any rules. Approved.
  1. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Reserved.

For those of you playing on a pre-Reforged patch (I don't blame you), download from here: Fallen Hope Release Version | HIVE

Sadly, having edited the map on the Reforged editor once, the current version is no longer compatible with non-Reforged patches.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  2. Shellshock

Shellshock

Resources:
    Resources:
    A 19 player campaign wow.

3. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    will need to pick between the campaign and co-op tag, they are rather exclusive in the type of map they belong to, a campaign gets dropped in the campaign folder and would be your normal multi map playthrough to go through its story, if this is a singular map then the co-op tag would suit it, even if you plan on having many sequal maps to it

unless its in a single bundle and works in the custom campaign section of wc3, the campaign tag is incorrectly used here

4. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's two-player. I don't know why the Hive's system insists on labeling it as nineteen. I've found no way to set it manually. It can be played single player or co-op.

I consider it a part of my Chasing the Dawn campaign, which is why I gave it the tag. If a moderator has a problem with this designation, I'll remove said tag.

5. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    well thats an actual campaign you can tell just by the file type, this is just a standalone map, it may be associated, but its not a campaign

moderator will already have an issue with it since it violates map submission rules #10

the campaign tag to this specific file is not relevant, i dont see any issues with any of the other tags

6. New Player

New Player

Resources:
    Resources:
    Umm is the sequel of the chasing dawn or not?

7. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is a standalone prequel map to Chasing the Dawn. It features some of the same characters and helps set up some of the plotline of Part II. Part II itself is still in development, though where it goes from here remains to be seen, as I have some serious qualms about the new EULA. I'll hopefully be able to announce what I'm doing about Part II one way or another in the next week or so!

I disagree with your assessment, DrakPanda, and will await word from an actual moderator before making edits, as previously stated. However, thank you for your concern.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, the campaign tag is for .w3n files, rarely for edited RoC or TfT campaign maps.
    It is however used for co-op campaigns that use load-save codes since .w3n cannot be played in multiplayer.

9. AliW

AliW

Resources:
    Resources:
    Man if Blizzard starts killing content with this level of quality because of their Reforged shenanigans, hiveworkshop is basically done.

10. New Player

New Player

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there spoilers among in the prequel for chapter 2?

11. Elf_Lord

Elf_Lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It doesn't spoil anything, no. It does, however, set up a plot point and a character that play a big part in Abbendis's arc in Part II.

Releasing an update today, v.1.01b, correcting mostly bugs regarding the final boss fight. I've also become aware just generally about model and environment issues caused by the Reforged patch. It is highly recommended to play this on Classic graphics, but there are issues involving SFX and lighting that are still broken in Classic (for instance, the spell animation of the Gravetender).

12. Krolan

Krolan

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm downloading it now, but let me say this, I love me an RPG-Map, but adding the "Campaign" tag to it I find misleading. To my understanding the RPG-Mapsters of Warcraft 3 are pursuing a way different style then the Campaign-Crafters. Both have their own distinct elements, with RPG-Mapsters having a slight edge, because technically one could make multiple RPG-Maps and string them together into a Campaign (Rexxar-Style), but this here is clearly not that case.

So, please Call it (co-op) RPG for now, not campaign ^^'

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did you save this with 1.32?

14. The_Messenger

The_Messenger

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've given the map a try and I have to say that I've enjoyed it. It can be played by a single person, it will require some skill since you'll be controlling 2-3 heroes at once and the boss fights are medium-hard as difficulty. It is a story closely related, if not inspired, from the sad and tragic fate of the Abbendis line that has known only tragedies throughout the history of Warcraft.
    High General Abbendis went partly mad after fighting the Undead for so long and died to the Undead while saving Brigitte. Brigitte Abbendis was manipulated and eventually found her death in Icecrown. Lynnia died possibly to the Undead during the Scourging of Lordaeron, or at the hands of Balnazzar (it is rumored that she's part of the "Risen", Scarlet Crusaders brought back to life by Balnazzar and are much more dangerous and powerful than the Scourge).

My advice to people that want to play the map on their own will have to end the whole thing in one sitting with no saves and be extra careful since Landrgen's W doesn't block Unholy(Chaos) type damage and can't heal himself using his E unless he uses his R and the Spirit of Retribution heals him steadily. Keep in mind that Marjhan's W makes her immune to magic, but it will also remove buffs on her such as Landrgen's Blessings or his W skill to block damage.

Here is a list of issues that I've found:
    - Saving works, but loading a save once you get defeated during the mission will cause the game to freeze and crash.
    - Quitting the game during the mission will cause the game to freeze and crash.
    - If you manage to load a save Arellas' Q skill won't work.
    - If you manage to load a save some triggers won't work (such as getting teleported by the lich when you approach Lynnia Abbendis for the first time).
    - You can also engage Lynnia Abbendis with all 3 heroes without having to fight the lich. Keep your distance and attack her using your ranged heroes, you'll keep Arellas alive this way (he gets teleported to the middle of the main map, and will answer your orders to move with the exception of the optional maps ((Jaina, Arthas and Bolvar))
    - Do NOT kill Lynnia Abendis before you end Arthas' scenario map. It will lock down the game and you won't be able to finish it.
    - Unleash! is too strong (in my opinion), you can easily kill a bunch of enemies with Marjhan's W or Q skill(s) and deal a LOT of damage to Abbendis once you return to the main map. This way you can effectively lock yourself unknowingly from ending the map.
    - Orthmar Garithos wasn't buried anywhere, has no tomb and isn't recognized as a memorable figure of the Alliance, nor of Lordaeron; he is hated by a lot of humans of the Alliance. His body was eaten by Ghouls after he was betrayed by Sylvanass once the battle for the Capital of Lordaeron was over.

As a side note I've played the map on patch 1.31.1.12173 so I am unsure if the issues I've encountered are the same for other people.

Overall I managed to enjoy the map to the fullest (after my 4th try). I've had some problems, not bug nor map design related, but my own play style and lack of full attention. The atmosphere is what truly sells the story's experience. It is something that I would return to just for the atmosphere, the sensation of exploring a dark, Undead haunted crypt and good boss fights. Even if I can't vote I am grading this map with a solid 5/5, even if the experience was brief (I needed 1 hour to end it) it is a very well built map, decent VA's, great atmosphere that draws you in and a good story.

15. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map appears to be functional & doesn't break any rules.
    Approved.