• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] World of Warcraft: Heroes Return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
got them considered to be added on next version after alpha release, but I can't include tauren and pandaren though, and chaosy is right, hunter ain't really a fitting role for a magic seeker like blood elf race. lol

progress so far:
- done terrain for 1st dungeon.
- changing terrain layout on eastern island area.
- complete developing creeps.
- done some items for alpha release.
- doing some triggering atm.

if it isn't tonight, I think tomorrow I'm able to release the alpha version for a test.

Level 14
thanks! and the project ain't releaseable yet unfortunatelly eventhough I'm working on this like crazy. :/
progress so far:
- done abilities for the boss on 1st dungeon and doing the battle atm
- 2 new creeps (raptor and stone golem)
WoW-HR-NewCreeps_zpsdebe90a8.jpg

- revamping elite creeps
- revamping some visual stuffs
- finalize the pick system

@justicebringer alright, replied your pm. ^^

Level 14
oh...so that fairy tail project is yours o_o
yep. :)

anyway, progress: this is current looks for Azjol-Nerub dungeon (not final). might made another tile later to change the current one if I had another idea.

WoWHR-Dungeon001-AndreaRiona_zpse2b3f226.jpg

And this is the dungeon entrance (the helm was taken off from a nerubian creeps and made it into doodad decoration).

WoWHR-DungeonEntrance-AndreaRiona_zps3c6246b2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 14
yep, I only use 7 variation of tiles at the moment out of 16, would made more variation later in future release.

edit: this is the revised ver of Azjol-Nerub final area. (plus size comparison between unit and anub'arak as the boss)

WoWHR-DungeonBOSSRevised-AndreaRiona_zps806f2aef.jpg

anyway, does anyone know or is it possible to made some kind of invisible pathing block-like around the boss (like in WoW)? so the hero not really get pretty near (and unseenable) when they hitting huge sized boss.

WoWHR-HugeBoss_zps6ad12b5d.jpg

Last edited:
Level 14
I'm not sure but you releasing it today or tomorrow, looking good very good. :)
thank you, as soon as I can. hehe

cant you just change the pathing size?
the field in the objecte editor is: Pathing Collision Size 64 = one block in the editor.

I would try 64 * 3 or 64 * 4 judging from the picture.
lol it's work. made it 384 and no more too near when hitting a huge boss, I never though of this. thanks! :D

Level 16
Nice work! Seems like the best wow conversion project. Wow has some really bumpy terrains, you could try some more height variations on the terrain, the only real height difference I saw so far is in the video (actually never mind, the terrain is perfect, taked a better look) but overall looks awesome. Check out my old wow maps I was trying to make terrains as high\low as possible Toby's Maps, although the links are broken you can still see some screenshots. Also like the tiles.

Good luck and keep progressing!

Level 14
I had a new year party last night actually so I can't release it midnite. lol

@toby thank you very much for the compliments, they looks beautiful. loved the whole terrain layout done on your ironforge mountain one! I also used to using a over-high raise as well for making a mountain back then like in WoW but in game it doesn't looks as good as in world editor (esp when using 3rd person cam) so I started to using a rock doodad (that share the same texture with the rock tile I use) for making a mountain instead of using over-high raise.

Level 14
hmm not yet, there's somehow always a problem/something doesn't fit that I found after checking in game each time I want to release it.

today progress:
- made a reskin for a human male villager and slight edit on human female villager.
- fix some tooltips (missing, wrong grammar, etc).
- fix some issue on camera system.
- dungeon boss battle rescript.
- change some enemies abilities.

here's 3 ingame preview screenshot I take while testing it in game: (kindly login if you can't see it since I uploaded it on my hive account album)

142469-albums6993-picture77745.jpg

142469-albums6993-picture77746.jpg

142469-albums6993-picture77747.jpg

Level 14
Alright, just finish dialogue for each NPC whenever player click them as well as found credits I've looked up for. Just need some reskin for models, improving some tooltips and set drop items for each creeps and alpha release for testing purpose is finally ready tonight! I guess I care too much for visual looks didn't I? haha

Level 14
Alright as I promise, alpha version for testing purpose is up and I hope you guys enjoy this early release. Any feedback and bugs report would be pretty much appreciated.

- 2 Island, 1 Dungeon with their own architectual style and enchanting looks (not final)
- 4 Available Class (3 Playable and 1 Secret Playable)
- Developed Creeps (Has their own status and Abilities)
- 4 Elite and 2 Boss
- Interactive NPC (has their own dialogue when clicked, not final)
- Creeps drop rate has 2 times the chance than the normal one
- Camera System
- Some Classes additional abilities are temporary (planned to include up to 6)
- Saving System not available yet
- Quests not available yet (on hold)
- No equipment set yet (on hold)
- Minimap is temporary until whole area is done to reveal

Download

Status
Not open for further replies.