• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] World of Warcraft: Heroes Return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Okay, played the map and it's quite good though as you have said, it is still missing the key elements in it such item/quests/stories and etc.. which makes it quite boring at some points. The terrain is quite good though I would suggest you to have some sort of tile variation in it. It is just full of grasses and rock paths... it could have some sort of a different tile within the grass and also some different kind of tile within the rock paths of the forest. Also, add some more doodads at the forest instead of just grasses and Trees. Add some rocks and more environmental doodads. The items available at the game right now is quite few but is useful actually. Suggestions here is you add some more and hopefully, also the equipment sets would be added on the next release. Including the stories/quests and some more key elements.

Most of the descriptions and tooltips in maps are long and well-done though but is lacking the important informations in it such as the spellsets of each heroes. They display what it does but does not display the exact of it. Example is the 1st spell of the Warrior, it displays everything but it does not display how much damage it does which is very important for the player to know. The item such as that raises damage, it does not display the exact amount or percentage of damage it gives and how much the effect lasts on the user. What I suggest is for you to be much more clearer and specific when writing descriptions knowing that most players prefer a clear and specific descriptions as possible.

The bosses are quite hard for me. They frequently use their spells and should be lessen I think and the life regeneration also is too much fast same goes for the mana regenration. I would suggest some balances and lowering some of stats and those I suggested.

Some bugs I found, when using Mana Potion of any kinds, it still displays "Health Recovered" and should be "Mana Recovered".

I have only played up to the boss and in Single Player at the Forest and I quitted there due to how boring it gets. No offense but this is just how I feel though I think it would be much more fun maybe by each updates.

Overall, it is quite fun but would be much more fun when it already has its key elements in it. If I would rate this, maybe between 2/5 or 3/5.

Good luck and reps for the work there but first I shall spread!

Level 14
thank you very much for the long feedbacks! +rep
well I only develop it around 2 weeks and release it for a testing purpose so I believe much stuff haven't implemented. haha
and yes actually I didn't include the damage formula on the abilities on purpose actually, and elite boss/elite weren't suppose to be battled solo (especially while you had around same level as the boss/elite) and so that's why I made it multiplayer orpg. what specific area name and boss/elite have you reached if I may know?

the quest system was still bugged somehow (worked fine on single player but when played multiplayer every player that play the map got the quest) so I skipped that and release the early release since some people seems want to try the map already.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Map Review
Map Reviewer: Chaosy
Map Name: WoW - Heroes return
Map Author: andreariona
Gameplay
The gameplay so far is very simple, kill creeps move further away from the start location. And then enter a dungeon if you find one of those. I didnt find any quests which is kinda sad considering it's an RPG.
3/5

Story
there was no story in this map
0/5

terrain
The terrain have a somewhat simple look but yet it looks very smooth and clean. However I feel like something is missing overall.
4/5

Visuals
You use colour codes very nicely. The models are of good quality too, I know WoW rips but judging is judging. The creeps in the map also had custom ablilities with some neat special effects.
4.5/5

Bugs Found
-deep wounds tooltip is bugged it wont show how much more damage it will deal (or rather how many % higher the proc change is)
5/5

Things I want improved/changed
-the warrior's extra abilities should have invidual icons and the passive ones should use the pasive version of the icon.
-allow me to use free camera, the I highly dislike the locked one.
-only the killer gets gold for slaying bosses (atleast the message says so) shouldnt everyone who attack the boss get gold?
-show level range with floating text above dungeon entrance
-bosses doesnt drop items wtf? :(
-get some kinda of home portal so you can get items without running 300 miles
-one of the town npc's hinted that a person was missing. However I got no idea where the location she was talking about. Some hints there maybe.

Rating
3 + 4 + 4.5 + 5] / 5 = 4/5

[tr]

Level 30
thank you very much for the long feedbacks! +rep
well I only develop it around 2 weeks and release it for a testing purpose so I believe much stuff haven't implemented. haha
and yes actually I didn't include the damage formula on the abilities on purpose actually, and elite boss/elite weren't suppose to be battled solo (especially while you had around same level as the boss/elite) and so that's why I made it multiplayer orpg. what area and boss/elite have you reached if I may know?

the quest system was still bugged somehow (worked fine on single player but when played multiplayer every player that play the map got the quest) so I skipped that and release the early release since some people seems want to try the map already.

Actually this is very funny because I only got to beat the flying dragon-like boss at the forest by tirelessly leveling up throughout the area and avoiding contact with it first until I got the enough amount of money to buy lots of Potions for healing both my life and mana and also level to be able to fight one on one with it.

Level 14
@chaosy: thank you very much! the system somehow unable to made me give you a rep somehow. suggestions accepted and even a boss have a drop chance. haha (will give 90% drop chance from 1 of equip set later) and actually every player got the honor and gold but not as much as the one who did last hit on the boss. the missing person is on a forest where there's web around and spiders called darkfang forest, for a quest purpose which haven't implemented yet due to multiplayer bug.

@hell_master: well that's pretty early, I understand then. thanks for try out the early release.

Level 22
Map Review
Map Reviewer: Chaosy
Map Name: WoW - Heroes return
Map Author: andreariona
Gameplay
The gameplay so far is very simple, kill creeps move further away from the start location. And then enter a dungeon if you find one of those. I didnt find any quests which is kinda sad considering it's an RPG.
3/5

Story
there was no story in this map
0/5

terrain
The terrain have a somewhat simple look but yet it looks very smooth and clean. However I feel like something is missing overall.
4/5

Visuals
You use colour codes very nicely. The models are of good quality too, I know WoW rips but judging is judging. The creeps in the map also had custom ablilities with some neat special effects.
4.5/5

Bugs Found
-deep wounds tooltip is bugged it wont show how much more damage it will deal (or rather how many % higher the proc change is)
5/5

Things I want improved/changed
-the warrior's extra abilities should have invidual icons and the passive ones should use the pasive version of the icon.
-allow me to use free camera, the I highly dislike the locked one.
-only the killer gets gold for slaying bosses (atleast the message says so) shouldnt everyone who attack the boss get gold?
-show level range with floating text above dungeon entrance
-bosses doesnt drop items wtf? :(
-get some kinda of home portal so you can get items without running 300 miles
-one of the town npc's hinted that a person was missing. However I got no idea where the location she was talking about. Some hints there maybe.

Rating
3 + 4 + 4.5 + 5] / 5 = 4/5

[tr]

is this an unofficial hive's map review? xD
kidding

Level 14
LOL. hmm I intend to made healing class as full support (buff and heal and so does on his additional abilities on the future)
so any suggestion for healing class perhaps?

alright, I wasn't give the direction so people find it out themselves since the place name is already said.

Level 30
LOL. hmm I intend to made healing class as full support (buff and heal and so does on his additional abilities on the future)
so any suggestion for healing class perhaps?

alright, I wasn't give the direction so people find it out themselves since the place name is already said.

andrea, some suggestions for the Human Warrior Class:
-add some AOE spells for it to be able to kill also some large amount of enemies
-add some little healing spells for it to be more of a survivor for a tank.

Level 24
hmmm I guess I'll consider night elf druid as the next new class then, I'll go open WoWhead for the reference.

I would suggest using horde characters to create a balance between the two factions so I would suggest that you go with troll or tauren druid.

Level 11
Well, I didn't find any bug, I couldn't pass the first boss that says "The Scourge will devour all.", and how can i get this secret code ?, I played the game 4 times (leaving and starting the game again), is there something wrong ?

Level 14
I would suggest using horde characters to create a balance between the two factions so I would suggest that you go with troll or tauren druid.
hmmm I choose night elf since I think they are more fitting race for druid, for hode side I was planned to choose orc warrior and troll hunter.

Well, I didn't find any bug, I couldn't pass the first boss that says "The Scourge will devour all.", and how can i get this secret code ?, I played the game 4 times (leaving and starting the game again), is there something wrong ?
ah, actually the secret code is dropped from creeps on azjol nerub dungeon. not get as a notification by defeating boss.

speaking of progress I currently made equipset and asked chaosy to fix the bugs on multiplayer quest issue.

Level 14
yes, there'll be a save feature in future release, this is only a test version for testing ingame purpose (multiplayer especially since the difficulty is designed not for a single player). as for current testing feature list you can check the changelog on first page.

Hmmmm...Alliance have Warrior, Death Knight (It is a Human and the LK is already defeated (not really)) and Priest, Horde only have Mage. Maybe Druid can be Tauren. Or Tauren can be Paladin because no other race could be paladins. Why is there a Death Knight anyways?

Well.. I personally include LK since for me, Arthas is my favorite character but too bad WoW killed him, so I guess, why not include it as a secret character. I plan to change warrior class into orc and change human warrior into paladin (as the actual model) so Horde side ain't looks like a leftover and mostly from Alliance.

Current Update: Done 50 tooltiped equipset (16 green, 22 blue and 12 purple), moving into quest now.

Level 3
Played the Alpha release, I would like to comment but the others already mentioned all of them. Haha. Looking forward for tomorrow's release. :)

Level 14
If the next version is for test, then no problem to me.
yes only a test indeed, current released alpha version progress is like.. not even 30%.

Played the Alpha release, I would like to comment but the others already mentioned all of them. Haha. Looking forward for tomorrow's release. :)
thanks! guess I'll add some kind of debug mode since this is just a test instead of made player hardly leveling up and using 1 hit kill cheat. (which made abilities on creeps no point and not challenging at all)

a question: would you guys prefer a cam-lock cam or free cam on orpg?

Level 30
Press Ctrl + A to unlock the Camera. Anyways, I prefer a free cam for it gives you a wider view of everything while in locked, you are restricted on what you can see. You could just make it a secondary option like if the player types -cam 2 then lock the cam and -cam 1 then return to the original free camera view.

Level 6
yes I am not stupid. And thats not my argument

tell me how to fit 4 abilities + http://www.wowhead.com/talent#d| 6 talents that you choose. The only option would be spell books which are bad. (spell books wouldnt even be enough)

Oh you misunderstand and i am sorry i did not stated my suggestion correctly..

I mean the talents are the hero abilities... and the talent i am saying is the list of hero abilities we can choose from.. and not an additional abilities aside from the 4 abilities..

Level 14
talent system is great, but I would need a stable coder for this project to help me on it. since made that kind of system for multiplayer is more complicated than only for single player.

I was thought to split each specific class differently for each of their specialization like Warrior for example: He'll specifically had Arms, Fury and Protection type differently. So each class is no longer hybrid like in this current version.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
you can actually make the talent system somewhat simple.

*le basic idea*
every hero got 4 basic abilities which he level up as usual
every X levels he can choose between 3 new abilities (there are added via trigger and you can only skill up one of them, before they are remove from the hero)

you do not want to create a full screen talent system. Trust me on that one. One mistake and you will desync. (rather annoying if you cant even test it online :p)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.