1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World of Magic RPG 1.24

Submitted by skamigo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
After months of work I finally finished the beta version of World of Magic Single Player RPG.

Story:
You are a young mage who wants to prove himself to the world and have to do various of quests in the world to advance to a higher stage.

Systems:
-Wands/staffs/rods:
You will always have one of these in your inventory, these will give you bonus damage to the magic you cast, but can also give various of special effects.

-Magic:
the usage of magic is your main and practically only way of damaging the enemy units. Magic is not an ability your hero has, but comes forth in items, with maximum 100 charges, everytime you use your staff/wand/rod it will use the magic in slot 2 of your hero's inventory. There is destructive, healing and effect magic, destructive magic is fire, blizzard, thunder, or later also fira, firaga, holy, quake, flare, etc. Healing magic is cure, cura, curaga and regen. Effect magic is blind, slow, protect, shell, stop and infection.
NEW FEATURE: Pressing the Up or Down arrow moves the items in your inventory Up or Down. This improves gameplay if you play with autocast, and even without.

-Drawing:
Drawing is what u need to do to obtain magic. This is a hero ability you use on enemy units. Each unit has a different magic you can draw from it, some units have the same magic, bosses mostly have better magic to draw from. You can draw 9 magic maximum each time you draw. Agility has an effect on the amount you draw.

-Healing/reviving:
You can carry an unlimited amount of potions, and these are shown on your leaderboard. Everytime you pick up a potion the number on your leaderboard will increase, and when you use a potion with the hero ability 'use potion', the number will decrease. There are also phoenix downs, aslong as you have more then 0, when you die you will be revived at the starting town. You can buy these in any town.

-Inventory:
The hero ability 'go to inventory' transports you to a closed area where all the items in the map you have collected will be available, like staffs, armor, potions u haven't picked up and magic.

-Armor:
You can imbue armor with magic you found. You need a 100 of the magic u want to imbue to do this. U can keep imbueing the same armor, but the effects will not stack, it will only have the effect of the last magic u imbued it with. Stronger magic=stronger armor.

-Summoning:
At a certain time in the game you will find summons (Ifrit, Shiva and Ramuh). When you cast the magic they are affiliated with there's a chance you summon them(shown on leaderboard). Later on you can find more summons, especially with the summoner class(see net).

-Classes:
At a certain time in the game you will be able to choose your class, these will have there own specialties and abilities. There are 4 classes you can choose from:
*Necromancer: this class is all about the raise dead spell. This is the only hero that can get the summon Ra'Qul, which is a skeleton summon.
*Priest: gives bonusses to healing spells and later on massive bonus to the holy spell. Priest also has an income that can be increased by doing quests.
*Summoner: has increased chance of summoning, can also find more summons and has some active summoning spells.
*Elementalist: this hero is all about destructive spells, for pure damage take this guy.

Classes also give bonusses when you do quests in the village they're from (you can take the portal in each town to transport to your village.

changelog
UPDATE:
Fixed Phoenix down leaderboard bug
Fixed ability icon location thx to callahan and that blue blob guy ^^
Mother wolf slightly weaker
Added cred for models which I forgot the first time.
Fixed some other small bugs

UPDATE 2:
Added Magic boxes in inventory.
Added Tips and Help as an optional quest.

FIX:
Removed magic boxes because can't solve bug.

UPDATE 3:
Terrain improved thanks to chilla_killa
Tips and help split up into 2 quests
Fountains arn't walkable anymore

Version 1.21
Fixed Slug Bug
Fixed Odin tip
Fixed terrain bug in dungeon where doodads block the path
Added some tile variation

Update:
Added minimap picture

Version 1.22
Fixed dummy units at borders of map
Fixed Bahamut's attack
Fixed village items bug
Fixed dark fog (the dark fog is still there, but now it goes off when u leave the area, and it's not as dark anymore)
Summoners wolves level 3 don't have perm invis anymore
Slug Summon fixed
Added tomes in Castle Shop

Version 1.23
Fixed some minor Bugs
Small Terrain changes
Added new spell: Essence (drawn from swamp minion)
New item: Essence Robe

Version 1.23b
Added possibility to end cinimatics for the ifrit, shiva and ramuh

Version 1.24
Added possibility to move items up and down by pressing the Up or Down Arrow key
Fixed visual bug with curaga, now the effects are see-able when u have full hp

Keywords:
Single rpg, magic, fantasy, RPG
Contents

World of Magic RPG 1.24 (Map)

Reviews
22:28, 16th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. 22:28, 16th Dec 2009
    ap0calypse: Approved

2. krisserz

krisserz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Add category.

3. chilla_killa

chilla_killa

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I downloaded your RPG and took a litle look on it.
    It looked very good. Nice quests, very good atack system with magic attack. Nice custom spells. I liked the terrain, but I think it needs a bit more tile variation, but it was very good.
    I didn't play it all ... I died at the big wolf and was gameover, but it was fun. The story is very creative and the triggers looked bugfree, but I just overflew them.
    All in all I would rate this RPG 4,2/5 Voting for Approval

4. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is such a thing neccesary, it said if it doesn't really belong to any category I could just use tags, and I did. I hope you didn't downgrade the map cause of such a minor thing, or was that someone else <.<

and thx chilla for your report, the map is practically bugfree, tested it many times, and I think I forgot the importance of potion using, they're only 10 gold each, so buy enough.

I will update the map to change small things, but this is practically finished.

5. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Category is important. In an avaliation, you lose points for not using one.

6. Amigurumi

Amigurumi

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I liked it :D
    The idea with the wand and the spells is very original. But it could be made better.
    add an ability to your hero, so you can work with hotkeys, and so you can faster click it, and it's better with the potion hotkeys.
    Terrain was... not very good. it lacks tile variation and environmental things.
    normal npcs were easy and it's hard to lose all your spells.
    But the bosses were very hard. I died at Shiva, I had no chance.
    But with a lot of work, it could become a great map. Maybe make it multiplayer?

oh and one bug: I died (first time) but the extra lives doesn't reached zero (on the multiboard). When I died the second time, I lost...

7. Vincent

Vincent

Resources:
    Resources:
    Seems like an interesting map, concept is great but you have to improve the terrain. keep improving!

8. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yes I forgot to fix that phoenix down bug, I just forgot to show the changed amount on leaderboard, will be fixed when updated. Yea people seem to have much troubles with the bosses (as for shiva, u best use ifrit when u fight her, same for ramuh, but u have to use shiva then).

I know terrain is my greatest weakness, but I've always found the gameplay and usage of original item systems more important, later on spells will have a larger aoe, so the terrain will have to be wider and less compact.

About the multiplayer thing, I don't know save/load, and it's too much work to change all the triggers to do so either.

9. L2love

L2love

Resources:
    Resources:
    there system u can do save/load with lol i think even blizzard has 1

10. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The icon of abilities are messed up they changed all the time.
    Also you could make autocast ability better by basing it on a toggleable able (a dummy defend is the best)

11. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The icons of the abilities change? That's the first time I heard someone say that, can u specify, or just give an example, it might just be you.

12. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The Go inventory icon , turn off turn on autocast and potion icon changed upon loading a saved game.Several button may be stacking on the same emplacement
    Did you assign a different emplacement to your buttons?

13. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh now I understand, u meant that they change place, well yea I don't have assigned emplacement for any of them, nor do I know how to, can you help me and tell me how I do this? I'm guessing it's in the object editor.

14. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You must edit it in the object editor it's in Art - Button Position.
    There's X and Y coordinate.There must be tutorial about it.

15. Amigurumi

Amigurumi

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    just imagine a coordinate system: ( O = Button )

^
    |
    y
    O O O O
    O O O O
    O O O O x ->

so 2/1 (X/Y) would be:

^
    |
    y
    O O O O
    O O X O
    O O O O x ->

(0-3 X / 0-2 Y)

hope this helps

16. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thx I'll be sure to update it

17. Amigurumi

Amigurumi

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    that blue blob guy?
    this is the almighty bl0b of destruction! fear him, or he will destroy your map :p

updaatzzee!

18. baigaisnazis

baigaisnazis

Resources:
    Resources:
    HAHA LOL I CANT PLAY THID RPG WHNE I TRY START GAME ITS SAY NEED BE OTHER TEAMS TO START PLAY LOL? u suck

19. YeeShadow

YeeShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, amazing map, but it needs a lot of work, specially in the terrain, and I don't see the point of the inventory, try to make it a little more... I don't know, good looking, it is just an empty space.

There are a lot of problems here, specially with the inventory thing, you can use it to escape, I still can't see the point to have an inventory.

Add information, this really needs information, first, the lives you have, you add a multiboard for potions, mana potions (And by the way, the spell says mana potions and the items are called magic potions, I know technically the same... but... I don't know) and one mysterious icon there... I got killed, and I revived, I didn't notice that I have no lives, so I got killed again and... well, it was a game over... you should add something to tell the people, this are lives, this thing is that...

Overall is an incredible map, that still needs a lot of work, well, is a beta, try to make a better looking terrain and be more friendly-user, you maked the map, and you understand it, but many people won't...