1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World of Magic RPG 1.24

Submitted by skamigo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
After months of work I finally finished the beta version of World of Magic Single Player RPG.

Story:
You are a young mage who wants to prove himself to the world and have to do various of quests in the world to advance to a higher stage.

Systems:
-Wands/staffs/rods:
You will always have one of these in your inventory, these will give you bonus damage to the magic you cast, but can also give various of special effects.

-Magic:
the usage of magic is your main and practically only way of damaging the enemy units. Magic is not an ability your hero has, but comes forth in items, with maximum 100 charges, everytime you use your staff/wand/rod it will use the magic in slot 2 of your hero's inventory. There is destructive, healing and effect magic, destructive magic is fire, blizzard, thunder, or later also fira, firaga, holy, quake, flare, etc. Healing magic is cure, cura, curaga and regen. Effect magic is blind, slow, protect, shell, stop and infection.
NEW FEATURE: Pressing the Up or Down arrow moves the items in your inventory Up or Down. This improves gameplay if you play with autocast, and even without.

-Drawing:
Drawing is what u need to do to obtain magic. This is a hero ability you use on enemy units. Each unit has a different magic you can draw from it, some units have the same magic, bosses mostly have better magic to draw from. You can draw 9 magic maximum each time you draw. Agility has an effect on the amount you draw.

-Healing/reviving:
You can carry an unlimited amount of potions, and these are shown on your leaderboard. Everytime you pick up a potion the number on your leaderboard will increase, and when you use a potion with the hero ability 'use potion', the number will decrease. There are also phoenix downs, aslong as you have more then 0, when you die you will be revived at the starting town. You can buy these in any town.

-Inventory:
The hero ability 'go to inventory' transports you to a closed area where all the items in the map you have collected will be available, like staffs, armor, potions u haven't picked up and magic.

-Armor:
You can imbue armor with magic you found. You need a 100 of the magic u want to imbue to do this. U can keep imbueing the same armor, but the effects will not stack, it will only have the effect of the last magic u imbued it with. Stronger magic=stronger armor.

-Summoning:
At a certain time in the game you will find summons (Ifrit, Shiva and Ramuh). When you cast the magic they are affiliated with there's a chance you summon them(shown on leaderboard). Later on you can find more summons, especially with the summoner class(see net).

-Classes:
At a certain time in the game you will be able to choose your class, these will have there own specialties and abilities. There are 4 classes you can choose from:
*Necromancer: this class is all about the raise dead spell. This is the only hero that can get the summon Ra'Qul, which is a skeleton summon.
*Priest: gives bonusses to healing spells and later on massive bonus to the holy spell. Priest also has an income that can be increased by doing quests.
*Summoner: has increased chance of summoning, can also find more summons and has some active summoning spells.
*Elementalist: this hero is all about destructive spells, for pure damage take this guy.

Classes also give bonusses when you do quests in the village they're from (you can take the portal in each town to transport to your village.

changelog
UPDATE:
Fixed Phoenix down leaderboard bug
Fixed ability icon location thx to callahan and that blue blob guy ^^
Mother wolf slightly weaker
Added cred for models which I forgot the first time.
Fixed some other small bugs

UPDATE 2:
Added Magic boxes in inventory.
Added Tips and Help as an optional quest.

FIX:
Removed magic boxes because can't solve bug.

UPDATE 3:
Terrain improved thanks to chilla_killa
Tips and help split up into 2 quests
Fountains arn't walkable anymore

Version 1.21
Fixed Slug Bug
Fixed Odin tip
Fixed terrain bug in dungeon where doodads block the path
Added some tile variation

Update:
Added minimap picture

Version 1.22
Fixed dummy units at borders of map
Fixed Bahamut's attack
Fixed village items bug
Fixed dark fog (the dark fog is still there, but now it goes off when u leave the area, and it's not as dark anymore)
Summoners wolves level 3 don't have perm invis anymore
Slug Summon fixed
Added tomes in Castle Shop

Version 1.23
Fixed some minor Bugs
Small Terrain changes
Added new spell: Essence (drawn from swamp minion)
New item: Essence Robe

Version 1.23b
Added possibility to end cinimatics for the ifrit, shiva and ramuh

Version 1.24
Added possibility to move items up and down by pressing the Up or Down Arrow key
Fixed visual bug with curaga, now the effects are see-able when u have full hp

Keywords:
Single rpg, magic, fantasy, RPG
Contents

World of Magic RPG 1.24 (Map)

Reviews
22:28, 16th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    probably not, it would take a very long time to rewrite all the triggers, and to do the save load coding, I have no idea. But maybe if someone else has the time for it...

2. hunters1

hunters1

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol i love this game and i got no life (not for real.....) but i love this map im already rewriting triggers i rewrote the casting triggers and the robe one im doing around 1 trigger per day and it will take about 10 days to finish it but im not really good at triggering so im just changing the caster variable into a variable with 9 in it (max 9 players) but its only for me and my bro we love this game lol im not really going to publish it like this unless i get autorization for now its only private games and im sure if a new v is out i have to rewrite most of the triggers again :cry: but i love this map lol (magic addicted :spell_breaker:) casters are only classes i like to play and this is insanly well done lol i give :thumbs_up:

EDITED: k i have found a way to make this quicker, i can modifie the first variables u put and make it into text form then put it in a texting program and use auto correct to replace the single variables into multiplayer ones still dont know if triggers will work correctly but using this trick doesnt change how it originaly was

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  3. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lol, k, if you can't make it multiplayer, let me know and send me it, we could release it as a co-op creation. Even tho there's a lot of quests triggers that have to be changed, I'm not even sure if you can turn on cinimatic mode for only one player, even tho that can be changed.

Also, if you like to map so much, you should give me some good rating, really could use it :p

4. YeeShadow

YeeShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    I highly suggest to erase all the triggers if you want to make it multiplayer.
    I checked the triggers and it's a complete mess, it could be much more simplier.

5. hunters1

hunters1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeeshadow im horrid at map making i couldnt rewrite his triggers from scratch and i am having difficulties to put the spell to be the players spells because they are in a diffrent trigger but i could make it so each seperate spell triggers be included in spell cast so i can make it multiplayer and (once again i suck at triggering i just know the basics and enough to mod this to multi) i dont know if my form will be bug free so if other ppl can do it i greatly apreciate it but ill still be working till a multi version is released b4 i finish

EDIT: this is just for u guys to laugh and to show how useless i am lol when i used microsoft word to replace (using notepad cuz it takes less time to start it up and quicker) i for got 1 ] and i got 7k errors lol just noticed it today (was doing this trick for 3 days now lol) and i really feel stupid :( once again saying this just for ur amusements

BTW if i a variable in a trigger is set to always change does it mean it will change for every single person who will use variable even if its same time? plz answer quick i got time to work on triggers right now

and just for the info of everyone my triggers will be near impossible to edit because they will be in text format i know how to modifie text format (cuz im using it now and i understand by comparing non text with text) but i only know the things i compare and cuz i dont have a normal version of my text format and it cant be converted back (to my knowledge) u will have to release new versions from single player and i will always have to remod it :(

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  6. YeeShadow

YeeShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, it will change for every person unless you set it to local variable.

7. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    local variable? What's that?

If I'd use variables for players, I just give em arrays 1-12 (if there are 12) and then set variable= VAR(Number of Player)

Well it would more be like

Set INT=Number of (triggering)player (or owner of units, or whatever)
    Set Var(INT)=Value (if this value also has something to do with the specific player also use INT)

8. hunters1

hunters1

Resources:
    Resources:
    ty :gg: that makes my job much easyer knowing that it will change for every single person but what i dont get is taht if he did it like that from the begining for all triggers it would of been sorta multiplayer too lol
    the way i did the triggers is Caster(player number of owner of casting unit) so each player will always get a diff caster and i think reduces confusion and errors for triggers

9. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

yes that's what I meant with my explenation, the use or arrays(the number after a variable) is best used for changing to multiplayer, but I think u'll have much more troubles with quests, and story events (like there's a part in the story where trees dissapear, in the first forest even, so you'd prolly make a region where u need to be of a certain level, or rather have a 'bolean(Player number)=true' condition. I remember you have to have became sage for that.

10. hunters1

hunters1

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol im just modding it to be multiplayer lol isnt that suposed to be ur job if i succeed in making it muliplayer XD but i think that this game is mostly a game suposed to be played in private games with friends and i dont think adding save and load is a great idea for a game like this and anyways too much work :hohum: so i wont put save and load and not forcing u to put if when (i mean if) i complete it

11. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't think you'll succeed into making it fully multiplayer tho, even tho, if you're making it for friend only, so you'll follow the same storyline, I guess that has some chance, it prevents you from making a lot of mistakes. actually I'd advise you to make the triggers so that player one is following the story, and the other player(s) are just following him, but they get the same exp from the quests.

Also, if u didn't notice, classcodes are as following:

1=necromancer
    2=priest
    3=summoner
    4=elementalist

you'll see the in the village quests that some classes get bonusses for certain quests, it will have an IF classcode[1]= true THEN give caster 1000 exp or something else.

EDIT: if I ever made a multiplayer version with save load, I'd have to delete the whole story and all the quests and rewrite them, change all the units damage and hp and remove the go to inventory ability.

12. hunters1

hunters1

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol that sounds heavy on you but like i said i originaly started modding it to play with my bro and some of my friends (private game) so i dont intent to fully make it multiplayer

and btw y are spell named after FF materias?

13. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    materias? That must be FF7, no these spells can be found in other FF too, but yes a lot of names (like the upgrades fira/blizzara/thundara firaga/blizzaga/thundaga) are from FF. Also the summons Ifrit Shiva and Ramuh are final fantasy elements.

And rate my map :cute:

14. hunters1

hunters1

Resources:
    Resources:
    well ive completed the modding the important things in the map ima private message u my msn so u can add me and ill send it to u and we can test it toghether but red is the one who has to take the quests cuz for now that doesnt seem very important as to whom has to take the quests lol u just want to complete them and from what other ppl said ur map would b around a 7/10 because the map is awsome and all but when u kill they respawn on the corpse and it becomes anoying after a whyle and creeps dont move around so u can easely avoid them later (when they respawn on theyr corpses where u want them to) i dont know if its part of the map but ima try to make creeps move around cuz its more hard and a lil more realistic XD (no comments on the word realistic i used for a wc3 game ive hear really smart ass answers for that 1 word and it pissed me off)

15. YeeShadow

YeeShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    You remove the leaks?? If this map is going to be multiplayer the leaks must be removed or it will to start to lag in no time.

The variables you create are global, those changes you made to those variables will affect the entire triggers.
    The local variables only affect the actual trigger. You must use Custom Script, Jass or vJass to define them.

16. hunters1

hunters1

Resources:
    Resources:
    i did post somewhere here that i am not pro at triggering im only good enough to make it "playable" for multiplayer not 100% multi so i am unable to do all that and im sure im too lazy to even start doing that even if i was able too....:hohum:

17. YeeShadow

YeeShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    When you finish put it in the pastebin, I'll be glad to help.

18. chilla_killa

chilla_killa

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    The Terrain is finished.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  19. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Got it, and mage some changes I had to make too, also added u to loading screen and creds. Also you shoulda said that map u gave link is for viewing only, cos it still has the magic box and all those test units in it ^^

Thx for the terrain improvement, it looks neat

20. BishopOfDoom

BishopOfDoom

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Keep up the good work Skam. I love Thundera Effect <3