• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.24 Gui

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Yeah. Blizzard added hash tables. Im not 100% sure what they do. But its something with they save stuff. Like heroes and such. They're also good for making players have multiple dialogs open at the same time. I think i saw a tutorial about that here on hive, under GUI trigger stuff :p

Level 14
—————-———————————————————-
Warcraft III Patch 1.24
—————- ———————————————————-

WORLD EDITOR CHANGES (PC)

- Added new JASS hash table functions to replace the lost functionality from
fixing unsafe type casting.
- Hash Table - Save Item Handle
- Hash Table - Save Unit Handle
- …
- Hash Table - Load Item Handle
- Hash Table - Load Unit Handle
- …
- Hash Table - Get Handle ID

FIXES

- Fixed an exploit related to unsafe type casting that allowed users to
execute arbitrary code in maps.
- Fixed the JASS unsafe type casting exploit (”return bug”).
- Fixed several World Editor crashes.

ADDITIONAL
• “Shadowing” global variables with local variables no longer is possible.
• Fixed a type conversion dealing with operators (i.e. adding a handle with an integer)
• Added the ability to store hashtable handles in a hashtable
• Added getSpellTargetX and getSpellTargetY natives
• Added a new base handle type “Agent” of which many types now extend from.
• Added a SaveAgentHandle native which can be used for saving most handle types
• Added a JASS optimization dealing with global variable change events.
• Increased max map file size from 4MB to 8MB.

Warcraft 3 1.24 DoTA Update
For those playing DoTA on Battle.net, currently the latest version that is working correctly online is 6.59d. We are actively working with Icefrog to get the later versions to be compatible with the new map.

If you want to learn about hashtables Read This

Level 13
yeah i haven't really used blizzard 1.24 editor but using the modified version of it with JASS greater readability enhancement and i don't recall seeing hashtables...where would they be? actions? hmm...still nothing under h besides hero. oh yeah! if you load up the blizzard world editor it shows all those hashtable functions in the gui under actions...yeah that's kinda cool but the blizzard world editor has practically unreadable JASS so this is kindof depressing...i wish they would fix their editor to make that JASS like the TESH stuff we have in the mods of the editor.

ok, well, you can create a hashtable...and then do stuff with it? looks like you can create new kinds of variables now....hashtable variables and the like i guess.

hmm...world editor crashed, lol...was that my fault? i think not, but it might've been...hmm...i wasn't doing anything suspicious, just messing around with the gui and hashtables...i'm guessing the gui has some bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.