• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for 1.24 script syntax checker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a protected map that worked flawlessly in 1.23, but 1.24 broke it, and it's impossible to reach the map author to get unprotected map to fix it since the map is pretty old, so I have to extract war3map.j to fix it, the problem is the syntax checker from jasscraft is not up to date, I extracted .j files from latest patch mpq and put them in jasscraft/pjass directory, fixed a zillion of compile errors from syntax checker and changed H2I to GetHandleId(h) and syntax checker returned no more errors, but when I tested the map in game it stills gave the message "cannot find game" or fall back to map selection screen directly(from my experience with mapping it means script syntax error), so I am looking for a working 1.24 syntax checker(worldedit is definitely out of the question for a protected map) to fix the script, or someone who is more familiar with 1.24 changes could kindly point out what else was broken by 1.24 besides the return bug.

Thanks in advance.

Level 40
  1. Extract blizzard.j
  2. Open the war3map.j and copy the globals block (Excluding the globals/endglobals keywords themselves).
  3. Paste the globals inside the blizzard.j globals block.
  4. Import this blizzard.j into a blank map and change the path to scripts\blizzard.j.
  5. Copy the rest of the map's script (excluding the main, config, InitCustomTeams, and other script-generated functions) into a blank trigger in the map.
  6. Save the map and find the compile errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.