• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deffenders Turn 1.24

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my first map, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

You have 55 min. to kill Lord of Death or he and his army will come to attack you. There are some tank heroes, some support and DPS heroes.
His army will constantly attack you until then.

First big wave is at 45 min, if you don't kill them first, they will come.

Auto dificulty is set by number of players.

You have to level up in left forrest first.

Towers are helpfull, specialy last one, but it cost lumber.

You can get lumber by killing bosses or strong enemies.

You can find some bosses in LVL arena.

Tell me what you think!

Map is still in progress.
Previews
Contents

Deffenders Turn 1.24 (Map)

Reviews
Korialstrasz
Even though this map still has a lot of flaws, I did enjoy playing it. It somehow reminded me how maps around 2004-2005 were created and played. However, these days quality is way more important, and there are many things you need to work on if you...
Level 6
Even though this map still has a lot of flaws, I did enjoy playing it. It somehow reminded me how maps around 2004-2005 were created and played.
However, these days quality is way more important, and there are many things you need to work on if you want this map to be played and approved.

1. Oversight. It is incredible hard to get around in your map, even though you already added a lot of teleports. Destroying the enemies base is almost impossible to do, because if you do not want to pick the staff of teleportation, there is no way of getting back to your own fast enough, and it simply get's destroyed. But that's not the only part to it. If you play this map for the first time, you have no idea where you are and what the hell is going on. There needs to be better explanation what to do, especially in the beginning. And you should use more pings/messages that tell the player what is going on, or where the enemies do come from. Give the players hints about what they could do and what their benefits would be if they would go to certain places. Tell them that they can unlock vision in certain areas, and so on.
2. Terrain. Your terrain is really flat and you are using almost only one ground tile for the most part of the map. This gets really boring to see really fast. You have to work on this! Try to getting a good mix of visibilty (not overloaded stuff) and playability.
3. Balancing. So, I did not try out every hero and item combination, but I have to say that there is quite a lot of work to do for you in that part. Some of the bosses feel really overpowered and I do not think there is any hero that is getting any close to the possible damageoutput of the demon hunter. Agility + Metamorphosis as non ulti + Critical Strike + 45 armor reduction aura. That is probably a combination that is just too good. However, I'm quite surprised that you managed to not overpower agility heroes that much. With the addition of attack speed/strength item combinations and almost no agility items in the shops, you did find quite the balance in that way.
4. Bugs & Leaks. You should definitely look into that part. The map started lagging after something like 20 minutes on my girlfriends laptop. Also you have a typo in your map name. "Defenders Turn" is how it should be. And most important, not sure if it is intended, but the bottom spawns of enemies are just necromancers for the whole game. They do not upgrade like the top spawns. The leaderboard looks ugly and just shows the kills in the colours of the players, but it is also a bit glitched. You should rework that one. And often the Lvl creeps do not respawn which kind of destroys the point in fighting them.
5. Map Size. It just feels to big. Especially the beginning is like a walking simulator and then after like 20-30 minutes the speed goes up so fast. If you consider redoing the terrain, also consider making the map size smaller. Most creep spots are just huge empty spots anyways, not sure if that is needed.

The potential is there. But you need to put in a lot more work to make it good. Good luck!

Level 2
Even though this map still has a lot of flaws, I did enjoy playing it. It somehow reminded me how maps around 2004-2005 were created and played.
However, these days quality is way more important, and there are many things you need to work on if you want this map to be played and approved.

1. Oversight. It is incredible hard to get around in your map, even though you already added a lot of teleports. Destroying the enemies base is almost impossible to do, because if you do not want to pick the staff of teleportation, there is no way of getting back to your own fast enough, and it simply get's destroyed. But that's not the only part to it. If you play this map for the first time, you have no idea where you are and what the hell is going on. There needs to be better explanation what to do, especially in the beginning. And you should use more pings/messages that tell the player what is going on, or where the enemies do come from. Give the players hints about what they could do and what their benefits would be if they would go to certain places. Tell them that they can unlock vision in certain areas, and so on.
2. Terrain. Your terrain is really flat and you are using almost only one ground tile for the most part of the map. This gets really boring to see really fast. You have to work on this! Try to getting a good mix of visibilty (not overloaded stuff) and playability.
3. Balancing. So, I did not try out every hero and item combination, but I have to say that there is quite a lot of work to do for you in that part. Some of the bosses feel really overpowered and I do not think there is any hero that is getting any close to the possible damageoutput of the demon hunter. Agility + Metamorphosis as non ulti + Critical Strike + 45 armor reduction aura. That is probably a combination that is just too good. However, I'm quite surprised that you managed to not overpower agility heroes that much. With the addition of attack speed/strength item combinations and almost no agility items in the shops, you did find quite the balance in that way.
4. Bugs & Leaks. You should definitely look into that part. The map started lagging after something like 20 minutes on my girlfriends laptop. Also you have a typo in your map name. "Defenders Turn" is how it should be. And most important, not sure if it is intended, but the bottom spawns of enemies are just necromancers for the whole game. They do not upgrade like the top spawns. The leaderboard looks ugly and just shows the kills in the colours of the players, but it is also a bit glitched. You should rework that one. And often the Lvl creeps do not respawn which kind of destroys the point in fighting them.
5. Map Size. It just feels to big. Especially the beginning is like a walking simulator and then after like 20-30 minutes the speed goes up so fast. If you consider redoing the terrain, also consider making the map size smaller. Most creep spots are just huge empty spots anyways, not sure if that is needed.

The potential is there. But you need to put in a lot more work to make it good. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your feedback!

I did not have problems with lag, dunno why is that, but I will check it.
Yeah, I need to re-do my whole terrain that's for sure, and make some story for getting around easier.
Yeah, DH need some nerfing.
I will try to fix those bugs, and I hope I can see you in my next update!
It won't be any time soon, 'cause I am working... :/ (But it should be this month)

Again, thanks for feedback, really appreciated!

PS. I will fix the name xD