• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] World Editor Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello there,

I know that the bigger the map is, the slower it will get to place units edit the terrain and etc..

But what exactly causes this, is it simply when the map exceeds a certain size in terms of map size or filesize.

I just know that it's a bit stressful as it is when placing units or editing the terrain with all the delay, and will be even worse if it keeps increasing. I want to know if there is anything I could do to reduce or atleast not increase this anymore.

~El

Level 17
I think this ultimately boils down to the fact that WorldEdit is an ancient program built over 16 years ago, and is simply not engineered to take advantage of modern hardware. Map size matters, yes, but from my experience, there's nothing else you can do to really mitigate the issue.

You can try out HiveWE, which works for the most part, although it is still incomplete. However, terrain editing works fine, as does placing units, and there's virtually no lag associated with either of those actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.